🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Can these be had from somewhere with no tax or shipping? I checked city blue but they don't have them. Probably should have just got them from skrs when a 10.5 was available for the easy return if needed. Wanted these back in the OG days, but my friend got me the AM1 (red) instead....I was so disappointed b/c I love the plastic on these....which is also why the Jordan 4 is my grail silhouette. I got these a few years back on ebay for pretty inexpensive (the '14s), but the quality was so bad I just didn't like wearing them, and they didn't look good on feet.... Would like to give them another try, and waiting for a discount probably isn't wise....

that dude simply isn't old enough to give the perspective some of yall are looking for in a review
whether he's into Ag or not
Fair point. I think he's in his mid-30's? He would have been 4-5 at the time, which would have made a big difference to most guys in here who would have been 9-11?

He's 35-37ish I believe.

Got my pair from NDC today. Overall I'm impressed. The color is much more vibrant and the shoe itself feels more substantial...more padding, better insole, better synthetics. I'm picky of course, so I wasn't happy that my pair (as almost all ATC2s do) came with wonky lava panels. Oh well. I can retire one of my '14 pairs now.

I'm sure most of you know what I mean, but I'm talking about how far the lava extends in the "point" at the front.

I prefer it to look like this:
nike-air-tech-challenge-2-hot-lava-00.jpg

and one shoe looks like this, almost completely closed off:
Nike-Air-Tech-Challenge-II-Hot-Lava.png

I knew guys back then who weren't Agassi fans but knew about his "pink sneakers". At the end of the day, tennis is more of a niche sport than say, basketball or whatever, especially in North America, I think. Perhaps tennis was more mainstream in Europe. Anyway, he usually does good reviews, but I was slightly disappointed that he got the "other OG colorway" wrong. i guess he was thinking of the Tarts?

I’m not surprised especially since his love for the shoe began with Home improvement when the Tech III had already displaced the 2 for shine. No knock on him because I do like him but this is also a dude that got notoriety a long with a bunch of people by reviewing early release fake shoes thinking they were authentic.

In case anyone was curious, my FTL online pair have been out for delivery since this morning. Should be here sooner than later.

Reactions: ARK
I may have entertained the idea of doubling up...but size 14 sold out on NDC and I don't know why footlocker only got a size run up to 13.

So I was on vacation while these were delivered (my shoes go to work so they are safe from "porch pirates". Don't have in my townhouse development but not risking it). Got back to work yesterday, but had a lot of catching up to do. Finally opened them up while I sat in my car getting ready to drive home. Opened the "other pair" first then these. When I saw the hot lava, I was stoked!! This shoe IS what got me into sneakers (and tennis) in 1989. Was going to the local mom & pop with my mom and this play was THE PLACE in the Philly burbs for the hottest shoes. They had them all and discounted.

I wanted these in '89 as I saw Agassi wear them at the French and watched his loss to Andres Gomes in the finals (and I cried), but mom asked if I wanted the Jordan IV black/cements instead (were '$89.99 vs $79.99 for the ATC IIs). I picked the Jordans (and it's why the IV will always have a special meaning to me as my 1st Jordan back in 7th grade in '89. Took years to get these again in 2008 (and again in '14). Skipped '16 but I'm so glad I got these!!!

They really pop!! Nike did a great job on the color. Especially compared to the '14 pair I have (which will be unDS into tennis shoes for my hitting times with my Lobster machine). I still wear my '08s a lot but I am impressed with these!

The materials are what they are. Tennis shoes have synthetics, for longer durability. I have no issues with how these came out. Yeah the tongue is high, and the eyelets are grey, but if these are the only gripe, I'm cool. So happy for another pair with the proper shade of hot lava!! Comfortable as soon as tried them on quick and the toebox is low & not bulky like the '08. Thank you Nike for releasing another pair!!! Wanted to also include a second pic of the "other" pair that came a day earlier. :smile:

IMG_20190604_201420.jpg
IMG_20190604_201440.jpg
IMG_20190604_201507.jpg

Last edited:
369D3801-FD55-49B7-B783-2BAB41E7FC90.jpeg
76781321-C679-43E8-8F98-62A7DEFA204F.jpeg
A7196C2A-F612-4F46-BA93-C9768ADBFC5C.jpeg
Mine just arrived, check out how inconsistent the spacing/gap of the front lava panels are on each shoe, smh.

I didn't look at that part on mine. I think Lakewood still has pairs. Maybe you can exchange if you don't like that one.

So I was on vacation while these were delivered (my shoes go to work so they are safe from "porch pirates". Don't have in my townhouse development but not risking it). Got back to work yesterday, but had a lot of catching up to do. Finally opened them up while I sat in my car getting ready to drive home. Opened the "other pair" first then these. When I saw the hot lava, I was stoked!! This shoe IS what got me into sneakers (and tennis) in 1989. Was going to the local mom & pop with my mom and this play was THE PLACE in the Philly burbs for the hottest shoes. They had them all and discounted.

I wanted these in '89 as I saw Agassi wear them at the French and watched his loss to Andres Gomes in the finals (and I cried), but mom asked if I wanted the Jordan IV black/cements instead (were '$89.99 vs $79.99 for the ATC IIs). I picked the Jordans (and it's why the IV will always have a special meaning to me as my 1st Jordan back in 7th grade in '89. Took years to get these again in 2008 (and again in '14). Skipped '16 but I'm so glad I got these!!!

They really pop!! Nike did a great job on the color. Especially compared to the '14 pair I have (which will be unDS into tennis shoes for my hitting times with my Lobster machine). I still wear my '08s a lot but I am impressed with these!

The materials are what they are. Tennis shoes have synthetics, for longer durability. I have no issues with how these came out. Yeah the tongue is high, and the eyelets are grey, but if these are the only gripe, I'm cool. So happy for another pair with the proper shade of hot lava!! Comfortable as soon as tried them on quick and the toebox is low & not bulky like the '08. Thank you Nike for releasing another pair!!! Wanted to also include a second pic of the "other" pair that came a day earlier. :smile:

IMG_20190604_201420.jpg
IMG_20190604_201440.jpg
IMG_20190604_201507.jpg

You lucky kid! Your parents let you choose from Agassis or Jordan 4s? I would have been so jealous. My choices were at Kmart's shoe section.

Great story. All the history people have with retros is so interesting to me. For me, the Agassis were one of the unattainable shoes when I was a kid. So to get them later in life brought me incredible satisfaction.

Now that I think about it, I think my pair might have been faked. My parents use to have a store in SF Chinatown and I bought mine in a shop that sold Nike, Reeboks etc. I didn't know anything about fake shoes back then and we still didnt have much money and they never took me to the malls. LOL. But I still loved my possibly "fake" pair. It was still comfortable as hell.

Reactions: ARK
Can't stay out of this thread. |l Gonna end up getting a pair one way or another.

I am surprised that he said he wasn’t an Agassi fan? How is that possible?

I was never a fan of tennis. It was when I saw these OG's on an older cat in my neighborhood, I was sold. He was a cool dude. Saw him at the corner store with them fresh outta the box. 30 years later I still love them.

Had the 08's. 19's will be mine.

369D3801-FD55-49B7-B783-2BAB41E7FC90.jpeg
76781321-C679-43E8-8F98-62A7DEFA204F.jpeg
A7196C2A-F612-4F46-BA93-C9768ADBFC5C.jpeg
Mine just arrived, check out how inconsistent the spacing/gap of the front lava panels are on each shoe, smh.

This is exactly how my pair looks. I was just complaining about it on the top of this page :lol: Can't exchange them so I'll just deal with it.

I have to admit though...I actually like the grey eyelets and I LOVE the taller, puffier tongue.

Back
Top Bottom