🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I looked at my pics yesterday. The dates for all the good stuff is August 1st. Figure some of the online stores may post the inventory earlier. It's gonna be an EXPENSIVE order for me! 🙂

And KB, I want the 1s too. Even if they have to have visible air, to speed up their release, I don't care. As long as the shape, and color is accurate, I'm down.

Last edited:
I have a stash of Nike gift cards ready to go lol

Excellent buddy. My order is going to be as such:

NKCT Slam HZ Polo NY (the '90 flaming ball) L
NKCT Slam Advantage Polo NY NT (Alternate one) L
NKCT Flx Ace short 9" NY NT (ones with spandex)
NKCT Slam Short (flaming ball) L, sev colors
NKCT Jacket NY NT (this is a maybe)
NKCT Pant NY NY (again, maybe)
NKCT Tee Challenge AOP (volt 101) L
NKCT Tee Challenge Fireball (neo Turq 425) L
NKCT Tennis Graphic Tee (Neo Turq 425) L
NKCT Tee Challenge GFX (ball on back) L
NKCT Dry Top Print (L)
NKCT Dry Short Print (L) matches top
Nike bucket challenge hat
Nike AW84 Cap Challenge (black, volt & white

That should just about end my sneaker spending for the year. Unless we get some new Agassi retros.

I looked at my pics yesterday. The dates for all the good stuff is August 1st. Figure some of the online stores may post the inventory earlier. It's gonna be an EXPENSIVE order for me! 🙂

And KB, I want the 1s too. Even if they have to have visible air, to speed up their release, I don't care. As long as the shape, and color is accurate, I'm down.

If they want to increase sales maybe they'll do it earlier! :nerd:

Excellent buddy. My order is going to be as such:

NKCT Slam HZ Polo NY (the '90 flaming ball) L
NKCT Slam Advantage Polo NY NT (Alternate one) L
NKCT Flx Ace short 9" NY NT (ones with spandex)
NKCT Slam Short (flaming ball) L, sev colors
NKCT Jacket NY NT (this is a maybe)
NKCT Pant NY NY (again, maybe)
NKCT Tee Challenge AOP (volt 101) L
NKCT Tee Challenge Fireball (neo Turq 425) L
NKCT Tennis Graphic Tee (Neo Turq 425) L
NKCT Tee Challenge GFX (ball on back) L
NKCT Dry Top Print (L)
NKCT Dry Short Print (L) matches top
Nike bucket challenge hat
Nike AW84 Cap Challenge (black, volt & white

That should just about end my sneaker spending for the year. Unless we get some new Agassi retros.

i am guessing you may be a fan of the agassi line

If they want to increase sales maybe they'll do it earlier! :nerd:

Maybe, maybe not. We don't even know how the Open is going to go about. I can't imagine fans will be permitted. If you've never been there, it's PACKED every day! I was hoping to go this year on the 1st Thursday but that's not gonna happen now. Would have worn the entire '90 outfit that day with my Volt (nee Hot Lime) ATC III's. Would have looked awesome walking the grounds in the gear.

Last edited:
i am guessing you may be a fan of the agassi line

I most certainly am. He got me into tennis in 1988 when I was 11 going on 12. Started hitting again the garage on a stone driveway. Then I saw the French in '89 with the Hot Lava, and was hooked. He showed me that you didn't have to be a rich, stuffy country club member to play this wonderful game and that all white wasn't the only color. (Only 1 tennis club near me growing up and if you were a member, everyone knew you had money as it wasn't cheap!)

This thread is by far the best one on NT. It's a small friendly group of diehard Agassi fans who have had to live with the long drought of Agassi products from the mothership. This year, we finally get some good items and it's gonna be glorious! Some of us wore the stuff when we were younger and we've stuck with the man through thick and thin (his rise, fall and back up to the top of the mountain). Now we want more shoes. I want the 1s, more IVs and the LWPs to start. Then a better Flare retro, an Alarm and even a Future too. Welcome to the thread my friend. 👍

Last edited:
I hope it still releases. Nike has been postponing or canceling a lot of major releases. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them postpone it until next year. We shall see...

Maybe, maybe not. We don't even know how the Open is going to go about. I can't imagine fans will be permitted. If you've never been there, it's PACKED every day! I was hoping to go this year on the 1st Thursday but that's not gonna happen now. Would have worn the entire '90 outfit that day with my Volt (nee Hot Lime) ATC III's. Would have looked awesome walking the grounds in the gear.

I have been going there every year since about 1983 :smile:

Ha ha. Most of them are from eBates instead of taking cash payment I accepted a bump up for gift cards. And ones from Xmas. So it’s all gonna be basically free lol. But would love a disco to
Though maybe when this is over I will try and get. A pt job with Nike so I can get that discount lol

I remember the first time that I saw Andre Agassi. It was during an early round match at the 2002 Pacific Life Open (Indian Wells.) I loved the way that Andre pounded the ball (during rallies) and he really got me interested in the game.

Then when Roddick won the US Open I was hooked.

The Andre that I grew up with was sort of the older version.

I had no idea that he used to have long blonde hair and the clothes killed me.

It was such a stark difference from what I was used to.

A few years after YouTube came out, I decided to look up some of his early matches from the 1990s.

He was a very different player back in those years.

It's interesting to see how the game has changed over time.

If there's one thing that Andre should be remembered for...it's that he was able to bring in so many new fans to the sport of tennis. Whether you watched him play in the 1980s, 90s, or 2000s he always had a way of getting you to pull for him. :smile:

It's crazy how much it's changed. There used to be only one place to get food. Now it's overcrowded but still such an awesome event to go to but not the same since Andre retired. I have posted this video before but in case you missed it, I recorded this in 1990. I hope they bring back the Nike booth back at some point.

It's crazy how much it's changed. There used to be only one place to get food. Now it's overcrowded but still such an awesome event to go to but not the same since Andre retired. I have posted this video before but in case you missed it, I recorded this in 1990. I hope they bring back the Nike booth back at some point.

That was the one thing I always looked forward to, was the Nike booth. Brought a bunch of cash with me and always bought one of Agassi's match shirts while I was there (bought both blue long sleeve shirts, the blue that went with the Zoom IIs, the button down, etc. Plus hats. Then I went to the US Open store and stocked up on hats.

I miss the Grandstand court. From what I read it's not the same, right? That was such a great little gem on the grounds. Watched a very young Sharapova play on that well before she moved up the ranks. And watching Agassi vs Leander Paes on Armstrong was wonderful!

With social distancing the norm, I can't see this happening with fans. I really don't. It's sad.

for Some reason I like this white blue /tart colorway on the 20s better then the lava

will wait for discount though

Restock kith right now

Thanks. I put my size 9 in the cart the day after this was posted. I recently moved Apts and was so exhaustively busy fixing it up I just forgot to order. Lucky me as a full week later they still had my size! :rolleyes Ordered Tuesday and they arrived Thursday. That's pretty quick for free shipping! :wow:

I love my White Lava but wasn't quite crazy enough to pay resale for the Black Lava. I certainly wasn't expecting them to sale out initially but I guess the recent production issues from the virus surprised us all. |l I'm glad I caught them though as they've grown on me a lot recently. They actually should have been an OG colorway to better match Andre's outfit! :wink:

tumblr_nim0o3fQ8Z1qg5q72o1_500.jpg

nike-air-tech-challenge-2-black-lava-cq0936-001-release-date-info-LEAD-1200x750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom