🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Yes, for women. Release Feb 1st...
It figures it would be a womens shoe.

FML
roll.gif

^ 

Maria+Sharapova+Brisbane+International+Practice+1NEzpjLD149x.jpg

Eiddy ~ During the night session?  They were LOL... the Where's Wally group... the dude running around with the big head... the dude with the giant cellphone (WUT!?).  LOL

Only in Oz!

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+cZ8AprlRohTx.jpg

^^ exactly what I was talking about :lol: dudes were WILDING

When they went from that green and yellow outfit to Where's Wally outfit :rofl:

I know Aus Open isn't as strict as some of the others, but when that dude was running around with that giant head, I thought he'd get kicked out.

There's no way that would fly at Wimbeldon :rofl:

^ Come on over to the Aus Open thread in sports! 

PE's

2013+Australian+Open+Day+4+QLnyY8t_gsTx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+4+VbEFbSwOZ36x.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+4+bB56UwWRUT9x.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+4+3YzB0D4QbnCx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+4+d84OsqZXDG9x.jpg

Last edited:
man I've been sleeping on these Zoom Vapor 9's....sick casual/everyday shoe.....

vapors 9's > air max 2013

^ How will iD make them more comfortable for you?

Hard to compare runners and tennis shoes, but the Vapor 9's have a softer upper than past Vaports, which should in theory, make them more comfortable. Having said that, from my limited experience, if you want to compare the two, comfort-wise I'd prefer the Air Max's. 

Not true!!! Big tennis player and the vapors are one of the most comfortable pair of nike I have ever owned. I have a pair just for casual west and never have problems!!! They are ridiculous comfortable for whatever you use them for. Feel like comfy slippers!!!!!

I used to love the vapors and thought they were the most comfortable tennis shoe ever. Started out with the Vapor 3's and fell in love. Even went crazy and bought multiple pairs when they hit the outlet ($39.99 I think). Then a couple of years ago, I started playing every other day and my feet were killing me. Friend told me to try the Zoom Breathe's and ever since I have been in love with them. Wear them with double layer elite socks and my foot was in heaven.

after I burned through the vapors tennis wise I started using them as casual wear shoes every once in a while, IMO much more comfortable than the AMs I have

SP- any of the colorways have the RF logo on the tongue or anywhere else on the shoe. I wish they would do that as a few of the past CBallistecs had the Rafa Bull on them. Not all, but some.

^ Good question.  I'm not sure, really. I could have sworn that I've seen RF-tagged GR's in past, but I don't remember which c/w.  For sure it's more common for Rafa.

Rich-A local retailer told me the reason they've cut down putting RF markings on the current Vapors was they wanted the shoe to be appealing to the general public and not be stigmatized by wearing a "tennis specific" shoe. I don't know if there's any truth to that but seems rationale. It's a hit or miss with the current CB which is odd. Double bull logos on the tongue, or RAFA, or split bull logo and Rafa

A few new c/w's...

NAMBBV-1.jpg

Air Cage Court... not too bad.

NMBCGBV-1.jpg

Air Max Cage TS colorways.

NAMBTBW-1.jpg

NAMBTGW-1.jpg

Babolat Propulse 4

BMP4BY-1.jpg

BMP4WB-1.jpg

Everyone's loving the new air max cages here at work. Might have to be my next shoe. Looking for more of a white-based shoe though like the vapors posted earlier. But can't wait to get my black/yellow propulses. The propulses might have to be my favorite tennis shoe even though i have much more nikes.

Last edited:
Bumped for Rafa's return and Indian Wells which is just underway. 

x1000.jpg

Fed and Berd in Dubai. While Berd isn't with Nike anymore, he still rocks Nike shoes.

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

Delpo in the Max Cage for the exo at MSG on Monday...

Juan+Del+Potro+BNP+Paribas+Showdown+_6mXiDjvDmsx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+BNP+Paribas+Showdown+m1ei73ELls0x.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+BNP+Paribas+Showdown+VhJYcvl-FFdx.jpg

Getting back into it and ordered a pair of the zoom 2k12 breathe. Can't wait until they get in. I hope they're good.

Initially I was thinking of getting like hyperdunk lows, hyperfuse lows or even a kobe shoe for my tennis shoes. But I am hoping these would last longer.

^ BBall shoes should offer similar performance/support to tennis shoes, but the durability will be very different. If you're a toe-dragger (like I am) , the toe-area won't last, especially on a seemingly-thin shoe like the HD's. 

^ BBall shoes should offer similar performance/support to tennis shoes, but the durability will be very different. If you're a toe-dragger (like I am) , the toe-area won't last, especially on a seemingly-thin shoe like the HD's. 

Ditto on the Kobe 8s. I can see why volleyballers and even tennis players who dont drag would like them for tennis, but I would think the toe cap would be shredded in hours if you do drag heavily.

Back
Top Bottom