🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

EF26B558-3073-4E21-90D6-E8B6DA1EB9AC.png

Uniqlo lists all his career achievements (Like his 310 straight weeks at #1) and says "But we believe his best is yet to come". Wow, what exactly do you expect his career achievements to look like going forward?
Nike must be laughing at all this while they continue to sell thousands of RF caps. Those Uniqlo autograph shirts are pretty cheap looking. Fed what are you doing?

s5imus.png

Federer at the US Open. Please tell me he's not going to wear those white Vapors again?

Uniqlo lists all his career achievements (Like his 310 straight weeks at #1) and says "But we believe his best is yet to come". Wow, what exactly do you expect his career achievements to look like going forward?
Nike must be laughing at all this while they continue to sell thousands of RF caps. Those Uniqlo autograph shirts are pretty cheap looking. Fed what are you doing?

He's making it rain.

TBH this will make his gear way more accessible as Uniqlo's are pretty much in every mall i go to these days, whereas most of the Niketowns I've been to recently have removed their tennis sections entirely. I'm sure that was behind some of the reasoning for his switch as well; aside from tennis fans, I would wager not that many people in the States see his face on any broad marketing campaigns. With Uniqlo he'll have a chance to expand whatever fashion line he has in mind to a much larger, non-tennis population than he would have with Nike, not to mention getting paid like boss too.

what else do you expect from a marketing strategy? Should they say "it's over soon" or what? :lol:

Are they built to last?

Durability is okay. It’s more of a speed-oriented shoe.

Not too sure on these. One of the posters on tennis talk on TW already had one of the lace loops rip apart only after their 3rd hitting session. Makes me rethink my want for these and go for a different brand (Asics). Here is a picture of the damage.

Screenshot_20180823-084438.png

We can see that the shoes aren't beat up yet. I would really like to think Nike did some serious thought on the durability of these? I have the Vapor Xs and I wanted a second pair to rotate and liked those new black/red pair coming in the spring. Gotta think now.

Not too sure on these. One of the posters on tennis talk on TW already had one of the lace loops rip apart only after their 3rd hitting session. Makes me rethink my want for these and go for a different brand (Asics). Here is a picture of the damage.

We can see that the shoes aren't beat up yet. I would really like to think Nike did some serious thought on the durability of these? I have the Vapor Xs and I wanted a second pair to rotate and liked those new black/red pair coming in the spring. Gotta think now.
Well I’m sure he was talking about the outsole. The durability of the shoe itself idk since I haven’t done that much grinding. Take the ZC3s for example, remember when Kylo Edmund shoe were destroyed? Well that didn’t keep me from buying more ZC3s. It all depends on how aggressive you are on the court. Also, lacing system for the NZZ are cheap. They should’ve done with the shoe itself, like the ZV9.5.

Had that happen on a pair of Courtballistec 4.3s returned to Nike with a voucher. So far so good on the zeros for me(blk/white pair). maybe it was a defective pair?

Thanks man. Will wear these all the time in this Texas heat. 07 and 08 sleeveless are some of my favorite things to wear.

Correct. I got mine from prodirect, and I know someone posted another site with cheaper retail price but higher shipping.

I was watching a recap of the 2017 USO, and man those Nike outfits were horrific

Which ones ? Feds? Nike team?
I’d have to agree if those
I liked both of rafas 17 uso colors

Which ones ? Feds? Nike team?
I’d have to agree if those
I liked both of rafas 17 uso colors
Agree, liked Rafa. Nike team was horrible. That Cosmo shirt was so bad. Really didn't like Fed's either. The black outfit looked terrible with the pink accents and maroon socks/shoes. Also felt like AJ3's weren't coordinated to his outfits

Back
Top Bottom