🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

1718278557450.png

That's definitely a no for me.
Those ON shirts look pretty cool but man those prices are eye watering.

Has anyone had any experience with the Nishikori stuff from Uniqlo?

FZ8113_010_C.png

FA24 practice shirt design. It will be available in 3 colorways: Black, White, and some kind of Green.

Feels heavily inspired by his Richard Mille watch.

If somebody could help me decipher the meaning behind 24 and 9.

The rest seem fairly obvious:
  • 36 ATP 1000 titles
  • 22 ITF Grand Slam titles
  • 92 singles titles
  • 14 Roland Garros titles

That's definitely a no for me.
Those ON shirts look pretty cool but man those prices are eye watering.

Has anyone had any experience with the Nishikori stuff from Uniqlo?

I have a few items from the Nishikori line from around 2019 and they've been pretty good.

These black with blue trim shorts:
IMG_4737.jpg

And this polo:
nishi-1-1548076751.jpg

The shorts I wear to play in now and then, they are more soft knitted material and the pocket has sweatband material in side, so over all it's a bit heavier to play in when hot outside. I wear them to the gym a lot. Good quality and an interesting look with the blue band. They don't have a spandex insert like KN's in the photo, I think he was just wearing matching spandex.

The polo is real nice but the sections of color have stitched seams that are kinda prominent and they are fine for casual wear but I've never played in it. It really looked good with that early Pegasus 35 Turbo that has a similar orange color running down the center.

I wear a M/L in US tops and a M in shorts and these came from Japan via big auction site, so my top is a L , but my shorts are a M. I also have the red Uniqlo Fed polo with the plaid/window pane pattern and Swiss flag, which has a weirder cut to it with rounded hems. All of these have heat transferred logo patches which you have to baby a bit, I only hang dry them. But it's been 5 years or so and they still look great.

A
I have a few items from the Nishikori line from around 2019 and they've been pretty good.

These black with blue trim shorts:
IMG_4737.jpg

And this polo:
nishi-1-1548076751.jpg

The shorts I wear to play in now and then, they are more soft knitted material and the pocket has sweatband material in side, so over all it's a bit heavier to play in when hot outside. I wear them to the gym a lot. Good quality and an interesting look with the blue band. They don't have a spandex insert like KN's in the photo, I think he was just wearing matching spandex.

The polo is real nice but the sections of color have stitched seams that are kinda prominent and they are fine for casual wear but I've never played in it. It really looked good with that early Pegasus 35 Turbo that has a similar orange color running down the center.

I wear a M/L in US tops and a M in shorts and these came from Japan via big auction site, so my top is a L , but my shorts are a M. I also have the red Uniqlo Fed polo with the plaid/window pane pattern and Swiss flag, which has a weirder cut to it with rounded hems. All of these have heat transferred logo patches which you have to baby a bit, I only hang dry them. But it's been 5 years or so and they still look great.
Appreciate the input! Shorts and shirts seem to go for about $40 a pop, how would you say the durability is.
I'm used to playing in Nike Running Drifit shorts as I prefer that material over more of the knit stuff. Have you experienced any pilling on the knit material?
Worth the price?

A

Appreciate the input! Shorts and shirts seem to go for about $40 a pop, how would you say the durability is.
I'm used to playing in Nike Running Drifit shorts as I prefer that material over more of the knit stuff. Have you experienced any pilling on the knit material?
Worth the price?
I also have a few Nishikori and Fed stuff from 2019 onwards. Weirdly, while the Nishikori stuff (Wimbledon 2019 and USP 2019 polos) are mostly fine and look good even today, the red Uniqlo logo shatters and peels off from all of my Fed 2019 US open polos and 2020 AO polos and shorts.

Considering how good quality the Nishikori stuff are, I have further copped his French Open stuff this year. Hope they hold the same quality.

A

Worth the price?
No pilling on the knit, and it's definitely a mesh dri-fit material, just thicker than anything Nike's put out for court or running. Only pilling is on the sweatband material that the pocket is made of, you don't see it from the outside, but that material pills just as it's very fluffy and absorbent material by design. For $40 it's definitely worth checking out cause they are fairly unique. They still look pretty brand new for 5yrs of use.

Just waiting patiently for the gray/blue hat (looks to be the same one sinner was wearing) as well as Musetti's hat, but in black.

Picked up some Air Zoom Vapor Pro 2's, in an unconventional CW, at least for me. They feel really good and the hard-wearing medial toe wrap looks great for drags. Pretty happy with em.
1000009117.jpg
1000009118.jpg
These get even better the more that they break in!

Back
Top Bottom