🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

I don't have the 3.3's, but doubt cutting the tongue straps will make a difference. The tightness is usually from the upper. Unless its too tight for you from the top of the shoe (tongue), in which cutting the straps will make a diff. I don't think it'll affect the outsole warranty either, but am not 100% sure. They're separate parts of the shoe, but if Nike wants to be a jerk about it, they could claim that the cut straps led to less durability or some crap like that.

I have the Oscillates, but also have flat-feet. Not a good combination.

took the 3.3s outta the box today and decided to wear em to a 8 hour shift to work...

tumblr_lm1p645tHo1qdvc2to1_500.jpg

went straight to the courts to play and they do kind of fit like 2.3s, but yet feel a bit heavier...

it's gonna take some time to break em in

Those things are like tanks. The thick, chunky outsole does sorta weigh them down a bit. Best c/w so far though.

^
Couldnt say it better myself

I realized its gonna take some work for me to wear these things down
nerd.gif

I'd be surprised if 8hrs of casual-wear would be enough to break these in. I made the mistake, a few years back, of wearing my Oscillates out of the box and to the courts. I ended up only lasting 45 mins and a big-#!@ blister on my arch. It was painful.

I hate the 3.3. I actually dislike nikes current tennis line up. I hope the vapor 9s are more like the 5s.

I feel like Nike is slippin with their releases as of late...

3.3s were kinda sketchy and by the looks of the 4.4s it looks like its heading it the same direction

I'd still perfer breathe cage 2s or 2.3s

I agree... not really liking all of Nike Tennis's current models. The Cages were ok, but the Fed and Rafa lines seem like minor cosmetic updates from model to model... more for the Vapors than the Ballistecs, but still not really appealing.

I'm, instead, playing in my Zoom Tennis Trainers.

mOnstar- I see you homie with the CB's. Heavy indeed after a while BUT great cushioning. I don't know if you're a dedicated swoosh fan, but the Adizero feathers are shizts. Light, great fit, breathable, and comfy out the box. Vapors get suckier w/each year 
indifferent.gif

I wore my 3.3s again today on the court with my dri fit tennis socks and I could not play at all...as of now my toes are still screaming. I wore regular crew socks during the first wear and they werent too bad but after all the cushion the dri fit socks offered, the 3.3s didn't budge at all. Luckily I had some old breathe cages in my bag to switch into.

T21D; Adizeros have been catching my attention for awhile, same for some asics models, but considering that I work for the swoosh, it'd be against my religion to play in anything but nike.
wink.gif

^^^^^^^

You now almost have me curious as to how stiff and rigid these 3.3s are and if they can possibly be tamed within a reasonably amount of time!

Sinner; Nice find! I got to try that...

Brys; Their tanks bro, I just want to get over the breaking in stage and really see how long they last

He probably doesn't like Lunarlite, which the 2 most recent Vapors feature. The 9's bring back Zoom

^ Yeah, I posted a couple of pics of them in the previous page... and here's another shot from his game against Monfils.
b38dd3feeba4857264eb91439271bfb9-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

The thing is, his PE's are so different from even the GR Vapor 6's, it doesn't really matter whether he likes lunarlite or whatever.  He has a really wide foot and so Nike had to customize the whole shoe for him.  I guess, if Nike wanted to, they could make a Vapor 8 or 9 with a "faux" Lunarlon, but with zoom or whatever inside.  In an interview, he mentioned something about having some foot issues/problems, so I guess he was just being cautious on his footwear.  The "If it feels fine right now, then why change it" attitude.  

EDIT ~ Some new Wimbledon tees.

456276-063.jpg
Fa11_456277-100.jpg

Originally Posted by m0nstar

I wore my 3.3s again today on the court with my dri fit tennis socks and I could not play at all...as of now my toes are still screaming. I wore regular crew socks during the first wear and they werent too bad but after all the cushion the dri fit socks offered, the 3.3s didn't budge at all. Luckily I had some old breathe cages in my bag to switch into.

T21D; Adizeros have been catching my attention for awhile, same for some asics models, but considering that I work for the swoosh, it'd be against my religion to play in anything but nike.
wink.gif

so your 3.3s are very breathable?  

wonder if the Rafa wimbledon shoe has his logo on the instep area?  Digging his warm up jacket with the small logo on front-  Would cop on discount for sure.

Also, thinking Nike should drop of French Open shirt after yesterday's win recognizing the accomplishment.  Give RF credit for coming back to win the 3rd, but after he had a lead and lost it in the 1st, I was thinking, this just isn't going to end well for him today.

^ You really need to swing by the tennis tread in the Sports forum... 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ You really need to swing by the tennis tread in the Sports forum... 
wink.gif

I did, but I enjoy watching the matches and don't over analyze each player. Just try to be an observing fan appreciating their skills. Also, I like the Wimbledon collection.

Back
Top Bottom