🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

And finally they will be releasing. I can’t wait! I bought a bunch of the Challenge Court shirts that released a couple of years ago which are nice, I just didn’t care for the pocket square in the front.
Can’t wait either! Ah yes, the EU exclusive one, I didn’t get a chance to get one, but wish I did. This time it’s a must for sure! I’ll have to calculate on how much I will be spending so I can save.

Not only do I need most of the gear, but I will need multiple shirts and shorts. I got both of the retro Agassi face shirts that were only sold only to outlets. I'm still so disappointed that they didn't make those easily available.

Not only do I need most of the gear, but I will need multiple shirts and shorts. I got both of the retro Agassi face shirts that were only sold only to outlets. I'm still so disappointed that they didn't make those easily available.
Same! I remember those shirts and the hat that went with one of them too. Nike missed an opportunity to use that ‘A’ Agassi logo for a featherlight or even heritage86 hats instead of the snapback.

Last edited:
Same! I remember those shirts and the hat that went with one of them too. Nike missed an opportunity to use that ‘A’ Agassi logo for featherlight or even heritage86 hats instead of the snapback.

Which hat are you referring to? The last Agassi hat besides the newly released ones that I saw was the snapback A that I bought when they last Air Flare retroed.

Last edited:
That Agassi hat that released a few years back was a disappointing one. It was so tall it didn't fit. So I skipped it.

Last week I bought these shoes https://www.tennisexpress.com/nike-...um-tennis-shoes-white-and-valerian-blue-84241

They have arrived today. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered they are not Rafa-branded after all. The Rafa bull logo on the heel was replaced by the vanilla NIKE.
how about it mate
i want to buy this but afraid of no Rafa logo as well
1593086994023.png

how about it mate
i want to buy this but afraid of no Rafa logo as well
1593086994023.png
Yes, I have the same dilemma as they appeared on the European Nike site yesterday (I come from Poland). Perhaps things are different in the US.

European media articles reference that it won't be a performance tennis specific shoe. I guess the ON founder talked back in February about how they weren't looking to go after the tennis market and didn't have enough lead time with Fed to design something anyway:

"On and Roger have been working on a new shoe for a long time, which is expected to be launched this year," says co-founder Bernhard. “However, On will not shake up the tennis industry. So much is already certain. » This would require more lead time. "And significantly more time than On had with Roger," says Bernhard.
In which direction is it going? Bernhard stays covered. He only says: "But we find the whole history of certain tennis shoes inspiring."

Anyone can help me to cop this old style in size S and M or L, I need about 10 pairs I donot know which outlet still sell these
i can pay bit more for your picking up
Tks much

1593013575185.png

I have one of these blue-ish purple-ish ones (looks totally blue in picture) that is a L and way too small for me. Never worn, only tried on once. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

My order from Tiebreak.fr arrived on Tuesday! Not too shabby all the way from France. About a week. They didn't use DHL as they said it doesn't work well over there so it went French Postal to USPS. I was very happy when the postal worker arrived for a "signature". Now to the shoes!! Here are a few shots!

IMG_20200625_160914.jpg
IMG_20200625_160936.jpg

These things are AWESOME!! So striking in person! And yes, they are purple. But for some reason, the color, when photographed, comes out blue on the computer. And yes, they do run long. Whatever you wear in a Vapor X, go down .5. I wear an 11 in all shoes, 11.5 in Vapor X, so I have wiggle room for my big toe. Tried on a 10.5 at a LTS (they said they had an 11 but their system was wrong). 10.5 I couldn't do it. Was surprised I could actually fit my foot in it, but that told me that the 11 would be perfect. And it is.

The cushioning is really plush. Felt great walking around. Even though I am suffering from severe Crohn's disease, and that makes numerous trips to the bathroom a frequent occurrence (currently 15-30 a day 😞), I summoned enough energy to drive to the park (though I had to find a restroom when I got there.

I brought out the Lobster and gave the shoes a try for 30 minutes (that's all I could muster the energy for). I can say, on court, they are damn impressive!! Very responsive, the transition from heel to toe felt a little different at first then they broke in. And for anyone who says they feel heavy or clunky, I disagree. I played basketball all my life (43) and used MANY clunky basketball shoes. These are not clunky. The fit of these, with the burrito type tongue that is connected on one side, is terrific! They really lock your foot in. I never thought of the weight when I played. I set the machine on random sweep and for 60 balls, I went sideline to sideline and these were squeaking but the traction bit the court well! I never felt nervous since they are a low cut shoe (wish they sold a mid).

Overall, I may grab another pair when the right color goes on sale. The GP Turbo is next for me in the Agassi-inspired colorway and I forgot to bring with me the Tech Challenge 20. I'll try it the next day I feel up to hit. Crohn's is a HORRID disease and if you know what it is, you would NEVER wish it on anyone. I sure don't. Anyone on the fence with these, grab a pair. You'll be happy. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and glad you’re able to get tennis in amidst your healing! My pops had that for years and manages with diet and exercise these days.

So looks like 2 versions. Of this shirt will release. With collar and without. Tennis plaza has both up. Colllar 90. Without 85. Wait for sale !
CA594F9E-EF0B-4E94-99DC-895B59E64D04.png 2AD32F03-128E-4730-A37E-7D3B7762FE1F.png D7EAB5CC-AFA7-4C7D-9313-ECF9646979C7.png

I was at TP today actually and tried on the shorts, they are a bit baggy on the sides for me and also a bit long too. They also have new Wimbledon things for Rafa, the shirt and the shorts. The shorts look good, but the shirt I did not like, the logo is quite small and it looks like a simple sticker.

Thanks for sharing and glad you’re able to get tennis in amidst your healing! My pops had that for years and manages with diet and exercise these days.

Hey Griz, that's great to hear about your dad. Diet is very important in dealing with GI issues. I cut out all sugary drinks on November 1st. I only drink water, sparkling water (think Spindrift. No sugar) and unsweetened ice tea. While it's helped me feel better since I don't have all that sugar in my system, my disease has been in bad shape for so long, I'm on infusions (biologicals) now. Though my insides are so badly damaged, surgery may be my only option. Just don't want to have a bag for the rest of my life. 😞 Give your dad best wishes from me. 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom