🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

If you are new to tennis I would highly recommend you play test as many string setups as you can to see what works best for you. Slight differences like just changing tension, gauge sizes or from a round to shaped string can have a noticeable effect. Having said that, syn gut has some pros (mostly value oriented) but in general its a middle of the road option. The best playability is still nat gut/poly followed by copoly, soft poly, multi variations in descending order
I’d offer a slightly different take. If just starting out, I’d recommend a multi or syngut. You probably want to stay away from poly until your strokes get some level of proficiency, otherwise you risk arm injury. Just my 2 cents.

^ Can't stress that enough.

If you're new to tennis, get a syn gut strung at the racquet's mid-range and focus on your technique, timing, footwork, mechanics, etc. Get comfortable with moving your feet around the ball and timing your strokes. Work on consistently striking the ball in the middle of your stringbed/sweetspot. Only then, when you're comfortable with rallies on both your forehand and backhand... should you start looking at tweaking your gear. IMHO.

Even for someone who knows how to play, but haven't played in years and are just getting back into it, I would advise the same thing... to start off with a syn gut @ midrange... until you get all your muscle-memory back. Then work on your gear.

^ Can't stress that enough.

If you're new to tennis, get a syn gut strung at the racquet's mid-range and focus on your technique, timing, footwork, mechanics, etc. Get comfortable with moving your feet around the ball and timing your strokes. Work on consistently striking the ball in the middle of your stringbed/sweetspot. Only then, when you're comfortable with rallies on both your forehand and backhand... should you start looking at tweaking your gear. IMHO.

Even for someone who knows how to play, but haven't played in years and are just getting back into it, I would advise the same thing... to start off with a syn gut @ midrange... until you get all your muscle-memory back. Then work on your gear.

We'll yea I'm not saying do it right this second, more like as your game evolves, don't hesitate to experiment with different setups to add more dimension to your tennis. I'm surprised how many players I meet that have some level of success and then get stuck on the same setup for god knows how long and wonder why their game has plateaued. Also, having said that, recommendations are nice for pointing you in the right direction but go off your own personal experience and then evaluate what actually works

Last edited:
Anyone else getting the on tennis express. No XL but 2xl listed twice ?
And stuff went back to full retail

3A983B60-6CE6-49F7-8DA6-F29C554912F3.png

Back
Top Bottom