🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

Thought you was WR and WR only in the first :lol:

don’t forget I was willing to go QB at 6

just wanted the best guy

but at 12, we start having a wider conversation

now, I hope draft goes our way and we can move up slightly and get chase or pitts

but if it doesn’t there are other guys I love, like horn.. but I just worry about certain guys with us, like waddle

I think Phins going smith and Detroit going Chase. Carolina going Mac Jones. Or someone trading up for him while they trade back.

Broncos, giants, cowboys will not be going WR. One of waddle, smith, or Pitts will be there at 12.

I fear Cowboys choosing before us again though.

no way cowboys going WR with Lamb, Amari, and Gallup.

They’ve been thirsty for a TE so Pitts ain’t out the question. Especially if they trade Amari to free up cap and make room? Wouldnt count Jerry out

but they will 99% go CB. Same with Giants. Broncos might even go CB

All howie trust issues aside, eagles probably looked at the board and were comfortable with 12 and thought at least 1 (likely waddle) and maybe even two out of the top 4 receivers would be there.

Last edited:

but they for damn sure would go pitts.. I assume they go CB

but I wouldn’t exactly rule out cowboys doing the sexy thing

I mean even thou they have those 3 guys, I think they can get out from amari kinda easily and gallup isn’t signed long term

but I think it’s either CB or tackle for them

Pitts to the Cowboys would be heartbreaking. A receiving corps of CeeDee, Amari, Gallup, and Pitts would be stupid. All Cowboys hatred aside, Dak is a good enough talent to make that offense scary

Pitts to the Cowboys would be heartbreaking. A receiving corps of CeeDee, Amari, Gallup, and Pitts would be stupid. All Cowboys hatred aside, Dak is a good enough talent to make that offense scary

but that oline is falling apart.. zeke is aging like RBs who get his level of touches.. and that defense, especially that secondary

but their board should easily be the 2 cbs, the 2 tackles and pitts

Bunf
but they for damn sure would go pitts.. I assume they go CB

but I wouldn’t exactly rule out cowboys doing the sexy thing

I mean even thou they have those 3 guys, I think they can get out from amari kinda easily and gallup isn’t signed long term

but I think it’s either CB or tackle for them
Bingo. EXACTLY what I was thinking. Move amari or Gallup for an offensive lineman, CB or any player really. Grab Pitts. You got Pitts and Lamb for the next 3-4 years on rookie deals

If that defense even remotely held up and they win a few more games, Dak would have been in the MVP conversation. His passing numbers were bananas :lol:

If that defense even remotely held up and they win a few more games, Dak would have been in the MVP conversation. His passing numbers were bananas :lol:

and Dak was playing unhappy bc of his contract situation. Dude just got paid big time so he's gonna play with less pressure on his back

defense wasnt THAT bad before last season

but we need to be grateful jerruh is jerruh

they should have prioritized keeping byron Jones and signing dak early

but instead in 2021 they focus on zeke and LBs.. also the coaches they hired

lucked out with kellen moore

defense wasnt THAT bad before last season

but we need to be grateful jerruh is jerruh

they should have prioritized keeping byron Jones and signing dak early

but instead in 2021 they focus on zeke and LBs.. also the coaches they hired

lucked out with kellen moore
Well that’s what I mean, exactly last season. It was piss poor. They were consistently putting up 30-40 pt games and losing.

Well that’s what I mean, exactly last season. It was piss poor. They were consistently putting up 30-40 pt games and losing.

im more worried about Washington

their needs are more specific

dallas for stuff all over the place.. on offense, oline and te.. on defense outside of lawrence and the 2 LBs when healthy, everything is a question

Yep. Not mad at it, proposed trading back a while back as a strong option. Draft capital is gold in the NFL. Especially during a rebuild

could be worst like the Saints. Salary cap hell, QB retired, had to get rid of key defensive players, paying Kamara and Thomas a considerable amount of money

I think we will be solid this year. It’s a gap year for us as we navigate getting under the cap. We won’t make the playoffs but we will be better than expected. Next year will be the year we can rev up and really start making a push.

of course this all comes down to Hurts playing well. If he can become a top 15 starter in the league, we will be in really really good shape headed into next year.

also imperative we take a WR in the first or second round (trading back pretty much indicates as such. Or go CB). Need cornerstone franchise pieces at critical positions as early as possible. Then fill needs through the draft

as much as I distrust howie, three first round picks in the same year is three first round picks in the same year. Trading back was the correct move. Hurts stink, as use those picks to trade up and grab a QB if there’s one we like. Hurts pans out well, we’re sitting VERY VERY nicely

Also, don’t sleep on Terrace Marshall. Worst comes to absolute worst, he will be there. Dude is a beast

My hope is the draft goes our way and we can move up to 8 or 9 using one of our 3rds and a 4th

we have 11 picks

we just need chase or pitts to get there

Even with all the talent that could possibly fall to us, I have a bad feeling Howie is going to go O-Line instead of trying to fix a glaring talent deficit like cornerback or receiver. Drafting someone At 12 who isn’t gonna play right away will have fans upset

Even with all the talent that could possibly fall to us, I have a bad feeling Howie is going to go O-Line instead of trying to fix a glaring talent deficit like cornerback or receiver. Drafting someone At 12 who isn’t gonna play right away will have fans upset

oline doesn’t make sense

I could see DE though

With Stoutland there’s no need to go oline that high. he’s proven he can work with mid to late round guys, and UDFA, which should’ve been the allure of wanting to keep someone like him around anyways.

even if they don’t get a WR or Pitts at 12 or wherever they ends up drafting in the 1st, there’s still a lot of guys you can get in the 2nd round.

Best news of the year

1616863401810.gif

With Stoutland there’s no need to go oline that high. he’s proven he can work with mid to late round guys, and UDFA, which should’ve been the allure of wanting to keep someone like him around anyways.

even if they don’t get a WR or Pitts at 12 or wherever they ends up drafting in the 1st, there’s still a lot of guys you can get in the 2nd round.

our need on oline is either guard or center

I say either but really it shouldn’t be.. I think seumalo should be our center of the future

and I like someone like leatherwood in the 2nd who could be a guard/tackle.. high level guard and if needed could play tackle

When healthy we still have the best O line in the division which kind of cancels out the best team in the divisions right now strength ( WFT )

If Hurts is even average we should be able to move the ball fine. We need to come out this draft with a starter at CB and LB at the very least

Back
Top Bottom