🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

They won’t have him playing out of position. He’s fine as a downhill OLB next to someone else who can make the calls.

How ? He can’t tackle

I know we love to say that dudes are going to leave here and ball out but the majority of these dudes are trash and that speaks to the quality of the roster more than the system and I hated Schwartz as much as anybody

Like remember when Sul was the #1 rated corner or something during the first few weeks of the season ? Panthers don’t even want him back

The 1 exception to that IMO is our receivers with Doug. I’m convinced he had no idea how to utilize WRs ..always remember that he was the OC on a team that didn’t have a WR catch a TD for an entire season. That shouldn’t be possible in the modern NFL

How ? He can’t tackle

I know we love to say that dudes are going to leave here and ball out but the majority of these dudes are trash and that speaks to the quality of the roster more than the system and I hated Schwartz as much as anybody

Like remember when Sul was the #1 rated corner or something during the first few weeks of the season ? Panthers don’t even want him back

The 1 exception to that IMO is our receivers with Doug. I’m convinced he had no idea how to utilize WRs ..always remember that he was the OC on a team that didn’t have a WR catch a TD for an entire season. That shouldn’t be possible in the modern NFL
I just feel like he’d be better when having a singular defined role. Not being tasked to do everything

Gerry was a goofy. He's not gonna do anything no matter what team he's on. He got drafted at 184 by us but for sure would've been a 200+ pick at best if we passed. His on field IQ is basically non existent.

There's guys who play in a bad scheme but their film study and instincts will kick in so when they're out of position due to poor coaching they adjust and make a play. Gerry was always in horrible position in crucial moments and then if he was in position to deflect a pass or make a tackle he'd whiff

Even with all the talent that could possibly fall to us, I have a bad feeling Howie is going to go O-Line instead of trying to fix a glaring talent deficit like cornerback or receiver. Drafting someone At 12 who isn’t gonna play right away will have fans upset
Nah, two guys that are projected to guy that high are OT and that’s not a need for us

My hope is the draft goes our way and we can move up to 8 or 9 using one of our 3rds and a 4th

we have 11 picks

we just need chase or pitts to get there

I don’t think Chase drops, think he’s the one guy you can say WONT drop past let’s say 7 or 8. Miami or Detroit for sure will take him.

I think at least one of Pitts or smith or waddle drops to 12

I don’t think Chase drops, think he’s the one guy you can say WONT drop past let’s say 7 or 8. Miami or Detroit for sure will take him.

I think at least one of Pitts or smith or waddle drops to 12

I’m not saying drop to 12.. but I think drop within trade up range in the top 10

Like the wrs last year

I’m not saying drop to 12.. but I think drop within trade up range in the top 10

Like the wrs last year
Yeah I know what you mean. Still don’t think he makes it past Miami or Detroit. Best trading partner is Carolina or denver

i can easily see Miami and Detroit taking two out of Smith/Waddle/chase

I think Pitts and waddle are most likely to drop to us tbh. If Cincy doesn’t grab Pitts he’s going to fall a little. Miami has Gesicki and Detroit drafted Hock pretty high. Don’t see Carolina or Denver grabbing him. Giants probably gonna have PTSD from Engram. Cowboys are a threat.

but like I said, one of smith/waddle/Pitts will def be there. Let’s hope it’s not waddle. Although I think you can make the case that waddle is better, I prefer Smiths skill set for us

Just hope Atlanta doesn’t go Pitts. Lance/Fields with 1-2 years under Ryan makes too much sense

Listening to BGN from Saturday. Few random points to digest the trade back:

-Most teams in the league have a tough time picking anything but QB/O-Line/D-Line with a pick that high. Especially a team like the Eagles
-Eagles believe that Chase will be gone at 6 and the drop off between 6 and 12 compared to who will be on the board isnt that large.
-In terms of positional players, the first one taken in the draft almost never goes on to have the best career (largely in part to variance in these positions)
-Howie Roseman said in an interview in 2015 (?) that in trade up/trade back scenarios, the team that trades back almost always wins
-OverTheCap looked at all the trades up/back in the top 10 over NFL history and 70ish % of the time, the team that traded back won
-Draft philosophy dictates that it’s almost always better to have an extra first round pick than it is to have a single high pick

Big one for me:
-If Eagles don’t hit at 12, they have another swing at the plate in 2022 with the likely THREE first round picks. They don’t hit at 6, they’re done. The thinking is that with their predicted board outcome, the Eagles don’t think the talent available at 6 warrants them passing on another chance to hit on a first round pick
-if there’s any inclination that the Bengals have a decent shot at taking Chase, you have to trade back now and get the picks. Because come draft day, if chase is off the board and we try to trade back, we likely don’t get the capital we got now

Mac Jones to the Eagles isn’t out of the question knowing Howie
Don’t think that’s the case. They would have just stayed out at 6 then. Denver and Carolina still need a QB. Think they take whoever falls out of Lance/Jones

If ATL or Cincy doesn’t take Pitts, he’s falling. If he makes it past Cincy, gotta trade up to 7/8/9

I don't see Pitts sliding past the Cowboys. They don't need a WR but Pitts is big enough to play TE in the NFL and has the experience from college to do so. Cowboys biggest weakness on offense is TE so they'd be crazy not to take him. Not to mention we screwed them by taking Goedert so I'm sure they'd love to return the favor

I don't see Pitts sliding past the Cowboys. They don't need a WR but Pitts is big enough to play TE in the NFL and has the experience from college to do so. Cowboys biggest weakness on offense is TE so they'd be crazy not to take him. Not to mention we screwed them by taking Goedert so I'm sure they'd love to return the favor
that’s why we HAVE to trade up if he slides to say 7 or 8. Taking Pitts and maybe dealing Amari for a pick or defensive player while clearing up cap makes too much sense

Read that there was no confidence that the eagles could get a future first for #6, until the Dolphins called.

really excellent job here man. Hurts stinks, package the 2022 picks to trade up. Can get the QB you want without sacrificing additional future draft capital

We would hate it but i could see us going DE at 12.

Phillips or Rousseau i could live with ..if it’s dude from Michigan I’m done

We're playing the Jets in Week 18.

Exv2oF8VoAIqnZU

Read that there was no confidence that the eagles could get a future first for #6, until the Dolphins called.

really excellent job here man. Hurts stinks, package the 2022 picks to trade up. Can get the QB you want without sacrificing additional future draft capital

if hurts is bad, we might not have to package anything.. only issue is the QB class as of now doesn’t look great

I assume we gotta get him at 8 or 9, for it to be realistic

a 3rd and a 4th should get it done

Back
Top Bottom