🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

not bad songs but he's lost his quality control in an attempt to stay relevant
he does seem to be losing his edge a bit. i don't think it's an attempt to stay relevant, the fact that he can continue to drop so-so music and it's still an event that everyone talks about is proof that it's not an attention grab for relevancy. 

i think he's well aware that there's talk of him starting to slip tho. which is why he's back in project mode so quick. there's another reason for the lost of quality control that im not 100% sure of now.

Last edited:
I will say this project will be a great barometer of the real perception of him at this point.

I think it's at the point of over-saturation for me personally.

As somebody who's been a fan of Drake music since Comeback Season, around the Views era the music just didn't resonate with me at all.

Love 4 PM In Calabasas but everything else he's been putting out is mid to me.

Going to check out these new joints to see if that's changed.

To me it sounds like this new project is gonna be similar to iyrtitl

Exactly. Just a tape that sounds like an album.

+

Drizz' needs to chill out. "Views" is still selling units every week. This boy doesn't know how to take breaks and enjoy the fruits of his labor? :smh: Son is like half man/half machine.

#MORELIFE

Not even to be that guy, but definitely not feeling shots at Cudi's mental health. That's trash. And that's not to excuse Cudi for going at him in the first place, but I really think Drake is misreading the climate if he thinks that's alright.

And you know, I never thought he should go at Budden, but for him to choose to respond to some Cudi tweets and totally ignore 3 songs...yea...that's trash.

Not even to be that guy, but definitely not feeling shots at Cudi's mental health. That's trash. And that's not to excuse Cudi for going at him in the first place, but I really think Drake is misreading the climate if he thinks that's alright.

And you know, I never thought he should go at Budden, but for him to choose to respond to some Cudi tweets and totally ignore 3 songs...yea...that's trash.

Anything is fair game in rap, but I bet people don't go at Drake for those bars like they went after Troy Ave talking about Capital Steez's suicide. People pick and choose when to be up in arms based on if it's their faves or not

I Get Lonely Too :rolleyes :x

Huh?

The cover he did like 3 years ago, or did son make another song with the same name? :lol:

I don't even know, it was included with those other tracks that dropped today, so I assumed it was new

Last edited:
agreed. no holds barred in rap with very few exceptions. kudos if chooses to take the high road, but im definitely not going to knock him for throwing shots at Cudi. I don't place mental health in the "cant say that" category. especially in a genre that celebrates and glorifies killing and death. Can't let that fly and then say "welll we shouldn't make fun of mental health". A ***** can kill 25 ppl in one song and thats entertainment but i can't clown you for being depressed? 

Last edited:
I get lonely too is old as hell lol. Like 2011 days I wanna say

And how does making fun of someone mental health equate to laughing at someone who killed themselves and encouraging it...cmon now

There's definitely a difference between real life and rap. Everybody knows nobody is killing 25 people, but when somebody steps outside of a song to write a letter saying "things aren't peach I'm going to get help"...yea...you kind of have to say, "are my issues with this person real enough for me to make fun of that?" But hey...that's just me.

I just think it'll be something that he looks back at and thinks it' was a wack thing to do. Because it is.

What mental illness does Cudi have?

I get lonely too is old as hell lol. Like 2011 days I wanna say

And how does making fun of someone mental health equate to laughing at someone who killed themselves and encouraging it...cmon now

Mental health issues and suicide are two serious and sensitive issues, especially today. Troy Ave poked fun at Steez, and Drake just did the same to Cudi. It's pretty cut and dry, but being that this involves Drake, I'm not all that surprised you would ask that

Last edited:
There's definitely a difference between real life and rap. Everybody knows nobody is killing 25 people, but when somebody steps outside of a song to write a letter saying "things aren't peach I'm going to get help"...yea...you kind of have to say, "are my issues with this person real enough for me to make fun of that?" But hey...that's just me.

I just think it'll be something that he looks back at and thinks it' was a wack thing to do. Because it is.
that's the high road approach and i can respect it. but you can't act like drake is not acting within human nature by simply showing no regard for a person who just attacked him. i can't knock kicking a man while he's down, when the one that's down just tried to kick you while he was "up" just recently. that's just reality. 

i suppose at the end of the day it's all up to the perceiver and how one views "mental health". If Drake would have said, "yo **** your dead mom and your dead grandmother", that's crossing the line. Taking a slight shot at someone in rehab for mental health a few weeks after they had no problem slandering you isn't in that category IMO.

Last edited:
Drake shouldn't taken that shot

But it did sound like he was making fun of Cudi's substance abuse, and not his mental health.

But I have only heard the track a like twice, so I could be missing something

Last edited:
Mental health issues and suicide are two serious and sensitive issues, especially today. Troy Ave poked fun at Steez, and Drake just did the same to Cudi. It's pretty cut and dry, but being that this involves Drake, I'm not all that surprised you would ask that

Capital steez is DEAD...deceased...no longer on this earth. He poked fun at a dead person, insulted and disrespected the dead person. How is that the same at poking fun and throwing a few bars at someone in rehab? I could even see if he told duke to kill himself. Use your brain those clearly aren't on the same level.

If that's the case y'all should be boohooing in the game thread for the bars he gave beanie....oh is it not as bad cuz he didn't go to rehab? :lol: smh

bottom line, right or wrong, the current culture is built on slander, lies, deceit, disrespect, discord, and more. reactions like these are indeed selective. the door is so wide open on complete ***kery, and that makes it hard to cherry pick certain topics and say "this is going too far". if it's all entertainment, why is making fun of a suicide or mental health not entertainment also?

you mean to tell me i can shoot up somebody's mama house but I can't clown you for drug abuse and mental health? how?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom