🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Drake posted this and both scooter Braun and Boi1da commended on this

Scooter been working hard as hell to get the Ye/Drake project done so for him to comment that...[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

In the words of the boy...

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: this **** gonna be a masterpiece

Drake in 2016 is in rare form, and we know ye gonna kill those beats. Can't wait

If you want to know about Drake's deal and where he's headed, watch this video. Everything that ive heard and read is cooberated here.

Drake really is changing the dynamics of music and it's happening right before our eyes.

Well, from my perspective

He's changing the way huge pop acts release music. He's essentially found out how to circumvent the major label and move like a independent artist on a record label and it wouldn't surprise me if he took OVO directly to Apple Music once his and the ovo deal is up with warner. The way he and OVO moves is why so many people and higher ups don't **** with him.

He's spearheading the charge to get record labels out of here. The record label was already dying and Drake is kind of putting the nail in the coffin.

Drake ain't putting no nail in the coffin.

It's only him that can circumvent it the way he's done, his model won't work for artists that aren't already at his level. Look at how OVO artists themselves have performed trying to use his model compared to how new artists on labels have.

He's had the help of the record labels in the traditional sense so when the change did start happening he already had leverage.

All the other artists on his level are still playing the game the same way and that will continue.

Drake is an outlier not the new norm, he exists in his own space in the current landscape of music.

Now if you said Apple could kill the labels, than I agree.

Last edited:
Well, from my perspective

He's changing the way huge pop acts release music. He's essentially found out how to circumvent the major label and move like a independent artist on a record label and it wouldn't surprise me if he took OVO directly to Apple Music once his and the ovo deal is up with warner. The way he and OVO moves is why so many people and higher ups don't **** with him.

He's spearheading the charge to get record labels out of here. The record label was already dying and Drake is kind of putting the nail in the coffin.

So basically he finished his contractual obligations with cash money and will now sign with Apple?

I'm not really a fan of chance like that but wouldn't you give more credit to him for moves like this?

So basically he finished his contractual obligations with cash money and will now sign with Apple?

I'm not really a fan of chance like that but wouldn't you give more credit to him for moves like this?

For sure. Frank Ocean did the same too with Blonde.

I wonder if drake will act again. The few times I saw him on SNL I thought he was funny. It came natural to him.

If you want to know about Drake's deal and where he's headed, watch this video. Everything that ive heard and read is cooberated here.

Drizzy gonna get the LeBron + Mike Conley contract from labels. Everyone is gonna bid in the hundreds of millions for da' boy. Record setting numbers.

Drake posted this and both scooter Braun and Boi1da commended on this

Scooter been working hard as hell to get the Ye/Drake project done so for him to comment that...[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

In the words of the boy...

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: this **** gonna be a masterpiece

If Drake got his writers from 2012 and if Ye got writers from 2010 maybe.

And it's Apple that will move labels out the way because of the power they hold

Apple has done well in a short period but Spotify's #'s are still substantially stronger.

Apple got a few weeks of exclusive from Chance.

Tidal got the same from Kanye.

But ultimately everyone wants their **** on Spotify.

Add to that Pandora offering an on demand service, Amazon about to launch a streaming service, Tidal etc. and they potentially complicate things even more.

Which is why all these direct to DSP deals that people think exist or will happen aren't as cut + dry as they seem.

I could see OVO existing on it's own as a label. A label that plays nice with everyone.

I felt like Drake could have gone indie out the gate given that his team had already gotten "Best I Ever Had" up and running at radio on their own.

Last edited:
Drake out here giving legendary verses in 2016 so his "writers" from this year are doing they job :lol: definitely got hella quality verses from drake this year.

"There goes the neighborhood" I can picture that being the name of their album. Sound like something Drake would name his project lol. Plus they both live in Calabasas.

The only OVO member that gets push is drake :lol:
The others just get their good songs taken

Last edited:
The only OVO member that gets push is drake
laugh.gif

The others just get their good songs taken
To be fair, OVO is a new label. It's kind of a start up on Warner. They aren't a powerhouse yet that's just gonna churn out hits from it's artists yet. OVO "pushes" drake in the same way they push all of their other artists.

And while Drake reps OVO hard, he technically isn't an OVO artist and the actual push, money promotion, etc. he gets isn't from OVO it's from his actual record label
laugh.gif
they are the ones that are putting the money up for Drake. If the artists on OVO aren't getting "that push," then honestly that's a Warner thing, not OVO just selectively pushing Drake IMO

Back
Top Bottom