🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Question about Drake/Spotify...

How do they curate the playlists you see when you're browsing?

I was looking at some of the top Hip Hop playlists they have earlier and tracks from Views are on basically all of them, and have been I'm assuming since April. I guess what I'm getting at is...how legit (for lack of a better word) are those streaming numbers when you have songs that sit on playlists for over 6 months? There's a difference between somebody genuinely wanting to listen to it versus somebody who just puts on a random playlist just to get thru work.

Playlists are curated by a programmer. So you can absolutely have strong streaming #'s just from sitting on a playlist.

However, when you have #'s like Drake is putting up, that usually means there is a high "save rate" among users.

Meaning users are saving songs to their individual playlists for their own usage.

Last edited:
Question about Drake/Spotify...

How do they curate the playlists you see when you're browsing?

I was looking at some of the top Hip Hop playlists they have earlier and tracks from Views are on basically all of them, and have been I'm assuming since April. I guess what I'm getting at is...how legit (for lack of a better word) are those streaming numbers when you have songs that sit on playlists for over 6 months? There's a difference between somebody genuinely wanting to listen to it versus somebody who just puts on a random playlist just to get thru work.

They came out with an article of a non streaming chart that looked completely different from the drake and rihanna that was dominating at the time...this was like summer

however, it's still drake and rihanna...i'm sure they'd be successful without the streaming, even multi platinum...but it does add on when you have songs sitting on every Apple Music or Spotify account curated playlist for hits or hip hop for an entire year basically

lambo come alive,man im used to this 
pimp.gif

Playlists are curated by a programmer. So you can absolutely have strong streaming #'s just from sitting on a playlist.

However, when you have #'s like Drake is putting up, that usually means there is a high "save rate" among users.

Meaning users are saving songs to their individual playlists for their own usage.

They came out with an article of a non streaming chart that looked completely different from the drake and rihanna that was dominating at the time...this was like summer

however, it's still drake and rihanna...i'm sure they'd be successful without the streaming, even multi platinum...but it does add on when you have songs sitting on every Apple Music or Spotify account curated playlist for hits or hip hop for an entire year basically

Super late, but thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom