🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

It's not even just the QM **** that needs addressing tho, I left that point out. It's all the allegations afterwards that have come up. The Hotline Bling/DRAM situation, Majid Jordan's comments, other **** people have said aboit his wave riding. I mean, people have asked questions, yes, but nobody has really dug into him about those allegations. But your point was fair enough.
I feel you, and I too would like to get some answers about some of that too tbh.

But Think it's obvious that he likes to ride waves a bit
laugh.gif

My only problem with this line of thinking is that Drake has Always been like this.

Literally SFG is half R&B, with full fledged ballads and crooning over 90's R&B samples and yet ****** was crowning drake as the newest hottest guy for HIP HOP.

Now all of a sudden he ain't hip-hop no more?
exactly what i think when people say he sings too much

I was surprised to hear dude go this hard. Rappers getting hip to what Drake does.

he's a pop artist at this point. no point in doing 'hip-hop' radio shows. that's not his fanbase. simple as that.

Cool. Remember this the next time you guys try to put him on a superior level when it comes to Hip Hop.

Exactly. If we can all agree on this then cool. :lol:

Last edited:
That kid has no impulse control and is running his mouth because that is what is giving him shine right now.

And he is not hipping the world to anything. You got a ton of artist that have similar "Drake hit my manager" stories that all ended with in very different ways.

The kids is looking for attention, and people that dislike Drake are happy to give it to him

Last edited:
I was surprised to hear dude go this hard. Rappers getting hip to what Drake does.

he's a pop artist at this point. no point in doing 'hip-hop' radio shows. that's not his fanbase. simple as that.
Cool. Remember this the next time you guys try to put him on a superior level when it comes to Hip Hop.
Exactly. If we can all agree on this then cool.
laugh.gif
thing is, nobody really has
laugh.gif
. it's been the dudes who don't like him who put him in that conversation...the fans always say the same thing "i just enjoy the music"

the people who say: "drake is soft, he makes music for women, dudes who listen to him are soft, he's lightweight, he cant rap with ____, he's not running rap" are all literally the same group of people, that have been saying this since '09
laugh.gif
 we get it, you don't like dude, it's only the hip hop purist fetish people that place him in that conversation, in order to discredit him. it is what it is.

this ain't no Ja Rule situation where dude was doing love ballads, then on the next track he was gonna shoot you in your face...Drakes been on the same formula since '09, he's just super successful at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

thing is, nobody really has
laugh.gif
. it's been the dudes who don't like him who put him in that conversation...the fans always say the same thing "i just enjoy the music"

the people who say: "drake is soft, he makes music for women, dudes who listen to him are soft, he's lightweight, he cant rap with ____, he's not running rap" are all literally the same group of people, that have been saying this since '09
laugh.gif
 we get it, you don't like dude, it's only the hip hop purist fetish people that place him in that conversation, in order to discredit him. it is what it is.

this ain't no Ja Rule situation where dude was doing love ballads, then on the next track he was gonna shoot you in your face...Drakes been on the same formula since '09, he's just super successful at it.
Pop isn't even a bad thing. I love pop music. ******

the whole labeling and categorizing of Drake is trivial to me. Pop act, R&B *****, singer, whatever. I however think he's the best rapper out right now too
laugh.gif
it is what it is.

Also don't understand how guys like Super can make albums like HNDXX, or some of his earlier stuff where he's flat out crooning and making pop songs, but he's still "Hip-Hop." **** is inconsistent.

These dudes just don't like Drake, plain and simple. If Drake sends subliminals then he's a b**** and scared, but let Kendrick do it and it's "I like the veiled shots" or "Hip-Hop/Rap has always been this way."

Let us be honest, if every Drake fan in here called him a pop artist, the same dudes will still be in here talking the same stuff.

They just doing the same thing Ninja does in the Politics thread, playing the role of antagonizing contrarians :lol:

Last edited:
These dudes just don't like Drake, plain and simple. If Drake sends subliminals then he's a b**** and scared, but let Kendrick do it and it's "I like the veiled shots" or "Hip-Hop/Rap has always been this way."
Seriously, this ***** Fewtch was on records crying "We dont wanna evaaaaa endddddd" but is still Hip-Hop and Rap but when Drake does it he ain't a rapper, he a pop act? It's not just super either

i would see the argument being made if Drake came out with a full rap project, claiming he's king and whatnot

his projects are always half rap/half singing...he's not competing with the Kendrick Lamars, J. Cole's, Jay Z's of the world...he got his own lane really

if you ask 10 people what categorizes someone as the best rapper, you're gonna get 10 different answers, theres no definitive way to determine this.

Seriously, this ***** Fewtch was on records crying "We dont wanna evaaaaa endddddd" but is still Hip-Hop and Rap but when Drake does it he ain't a rapper, he a pop act? It's not just super either
a lot of the post in the Future thread are about dudes who 'shed tears' to certain songs of his...the bias is clear here

and Future is one of my top 5 favorite artists out right now

hell, anyone would be crazy to consider Future a 'top rapper'

i would see the argument being made if Drake came out with a full rap project, claiming he's king and whatnot

his projects are always half rap/half singing...he's not competing with the Kendrick Lamars, J. Cole's, Jay Z's of the world...he got his own lane really

if you ask 10 people what categorizes someone as the best rapper, you're gonna get 10 different answers, theres no definitive way to determine this.
Well For Me it's kind of simple.

He's not a guy who raps occasionally. He raps enough to me to be judged as a rapper, and as a rapper I think he's just flat out a better rapper than those artists you mentioned. Bar for bar.

Drake came out the gate marketed as a Hip Hop artist. Remember the Sprite ad in 09-10 with him, Big, Rakim, and Nas? He himself has always embraced being an MC and to this day fights to prove his worth in that regard.

He's always tried to have it both ways and make the music he's wanted to, while claiming to be the best in Hip Hop. And for a while he was getting away with it.

a lot of the post in the Future thread are about dudes who 'shed tears' to certain songs of his...the bias is clear here
Lmaooo

Now don't get it twisted I've been loving fewtch since like...man way back
laugh.gif
I mentioned that in the future thread.

But he gets away with a lot of **** that guys like Drake don't. From the singing, to the outrageous **** he says that you know he isn't doing, but if Drake were to say and do the exact same ****, his card would be pulled.

Drake came out the gate marketed as a Hip Hop artist. Remember the Sprite ad in 09-10 with him, Big, Rakim, and Nas? He himself has always embraced being an MC and to this day fights to prove his worth in that regard.

He's always tried to have it both ways and make the music he's wanted to, while claiming to be the best in Hip Hop. And for a while he was getting away with it.
you gonna turn down a multi-million dollar Sprite deal just because you don't consider yourself a "true hip hop artist"? 
laugh.gif
 hell nah bruh you'd be dumb as hell

I'll agree with this. Hell even down to his singles, whenever he puts out a soft, R&B pop record, he'll attach a rap record to it for this exact reason.

He was definitely marketed and pushedas a rapper. And to this day Drake goes out of his way to say and do things to legitimize himself as a rapper.

My thing is, is that from the music perspective, nothing changed but all of a sudden now he isn't hip-hop he's pop.

Last edited:
and to be technical, hip hop artist can be defined as thousands of things. Where and how hip hop started ****** was dressing wild flamboyant and making party records talking about "hippity hop don't stop"...music is subjective as hell no one is ever right nor wrong

no one on gods green earth is gonna throw on one of these lyrical miracle rappers' albums in 2017 
laugh.gif

you gonna turn down a multi-million dollar Sprite deal just because you don't consider yourself a "true hip hop artist"? :lol:  hell nah bruh you'd be dumb as hell

It's not about the money fam. You were saying how you personally didn't classify Drake as a Hip Hop artist, but Drake himself embraced that role from the jump. It has nothing to do with endorsements. He wanted to be seen as a rapper, not a singer or pop artist.

you gonna turn down a multi-million dollar Sprite deal just because you don't consider yourself a "true hip hop artist"? 
laugh.gif
 hell nah bruh you'd be dumb as hell
It's not about the money fam. You were saying how you personally didn't classify Drake as a Hip Hop artist, but Drake himself embraced that role from the jump. It has nothing to do with endorsements. He wanted to be seen as a rapper, not a singer or pop artist.
again, I think Drake would be dumb to say "nah man, i can't take this deal...they're gonna think i'm trying to present myself as a hip-hop artist!"

I get where you're coming from...but it's clear his intention wasn't to be 'King Kendrick' or 'Cole World' or God MC....the dudes first official single is "Find Your Love" 
laugh.gif
 he's an artist in every sense of the word...

Bragging rights and calling yourself 'top of the game'? I don't see how anyone could deny that even if you don't like him

again, I think Drake would be dumb to say "nah man, i can't take this deal...they're gonna think i'm trying to present myself as a hip-hop artist!"

I get where you're coming from...but it's clear his intention wasn't to be 'King Kendrick' or 'Cole World' or God MC....the dudes first official single is "Find Your Love" 
laugh.gif
 he's an artist in every sense of the word...

Bragging rights and calling yourself 'top of the game'? I don't see how anyone could deny that even if you don't like him
Nope his first official single was "over" because he wanted to be looked at as a rapper

But he also wanted to crossover, which is why he pushed "Find your love" as the second single.

Same thing with Take Care. First official single was "Headlines."

From fighting 40 to put records like Marvin's Room and "connect" on his albums and not as loosies, he's always wanted to be viewed as a rapper who could and does crossover. Even now it's the same thing.

Last edited:
One of these rappers didn't write their famous quote
I get what you be getting at, and it's all good with me
laugh.gif

But that quote is from "0 to 100" not "Know yourself." Drake is the only actual writer credited on that song.

But I feel you fam lol when we talk about Drake writing his music the records where it's just him on the credits don't exist.

Last edited:
I think people are really annoyed by Drake becaue he just keeps being really good at making music. :lol: I get it, a guy you've decided to not like keeps coming out with good songs. It's annoying. And you smirk then find yourself at a party singing Controlla really loud and sloppily. Then you come home and feel ashamed because you hate him. It's Meek singing Fake Love because a jam is just a jam, man

It's like a player you hate dropping 40 all the time and you start saying silly **** about his PER. Shut up, man.

Who watches basketball and legit didn't smile when Bron won that **** last year? You still gotta keep that "**** LeBron!" line going though. But you know. You know.

Back
Top Bottom