🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

again, I think Drake would be dumb to say "nah man, i can't take this deal...they're gonna think i'm trying to present myself as a hip-hop artist!"

I get where you're coming from...but it's clear his intention wasn't to be 'King Kendrick' or 'Cole World' or God MC....the dudes first official single is "Find Your Love" :lol:  he's an artist in every sense of the word...

Bragging rights and calling yourself 'top of the game'? I don't see how anyone could deny that even if you don't like him

But bro, why feed into an image you wouldn't want because of money? You mean to tell me they couldn't have come up with another campaign for him? He just HAD to be put on the same ad as some of the best rappers who ever lived, despite not proving **** at that point in his career? That's not weird to you?

The man wants to be looked at as a rapper. He just came out his mouth a few months ago and said it bothers him that people don't take him seriously when it comes to that. Maybe you don't care, but he does.

Last edited:
I think people are really annoyed by Drake becaue he just keeps being really good at making music. :lol: I get it, a guy you've decided to not like keeps coming out with good songs. It's annoying. And you smirk then find yourself at a party singing Controlla really loud and sloppily. Then you come home and feel ashamed because you hate him. It's Meek singing Fake Love because a jam is just a jam, man

It's like a player you hate dropping 40 all the time and you start saying silly **** about his PER. Shut up, man.

Who watches basketball and legit didn't smile when Bron won that **** last year? You still gotta keep that "**** LeBron!" line going though. But you know. You know.

What :lol:

Views and more life is trash. TC still a classic though.

Why feed into an image you wouldn't want for millions of dollars? :lol: C'mon, man...

I'm not even saying that's what he did. I think the argument is kinda silly. Whatever he is, he's good. But the question why he would do that is kind of crazy. He's supposed to say "Wait, guys, I don't want to be considered one of the best rappers. Keep that money." Naw. He's a rapper enough to be considered a rapper and he's a singer enough to be considered a singer. I don't know why one eliminates the other. Whatever he's doing at the moment, he's that. And good at it.

One of these rappers didn't write their famous quote

Isn't that from a song he was sent the beat to ghost write for someone else, but just kept it for himself.

I see what point you're trying to make, but this doesn't seem like a very good example/evidence famb

Last edited:
Why feed into an image you wouldn't want for millions of dollars? :lol: C'mon, man...

I'm not even saying that's what he did. I think the argument is kinda silly. Whatever he is, he's good. But the question why he would do that is kind of crazy. He's supposed to say "Wait, guys, I don't want to be considered one of the best rappers. Keep that money." Naw. He's a rapper enough to be considered a rapper and he's a singer enough to be considered a singer. I don't know why one eliminates the other. Whatever he's doing at the moment, he's that. And good at it.

Ok **** the money for a min. Drake's star was on the rise and could've suggested any type of ad he wanted at that time, Sprite wouldn't have denied it because they wanted him. If he didn't want to be looked at in the same light as all time great rappers (again, despite not proving anything at that point) he wouldn't have agreed to do that particular ad.

Who has Sprite done that for before or since then? Honest question.

Last edited:
Isn't that from a song he was sent the beat to ghost write for someone else, but just kept it for himself.

I see what point you're trying to make, but this doesn't seem like a very good example/evidence famb
Drake is literally the only actual 'writer' credited for that song lol everyone else is either a producer or a sample

Drake is also credited for his rico verse. Did he write it?
We're not talking about the Rico Verse (Which he already said on the Semtex interview that he and QM collaborated on that)

We talking about the picture that you posted in here with a claim to it that's not true
ohwell.gif

Ok **** the money for a min. Drake's star was on the rise and could've suggested any type of ad he wanted at that time, Sprite wouldn't have denied it because they wanted him. If he didn't want to be looked at in the same light as all time great rappers (again, despite not proving anything at that point) he wouldn't have agreed to do that particular ad.

Who has Sprite done that for before or since then? Honest question.

Maybe you're not talking to me because I don't actually agree that he didn't want to be looked at that way. I think he did. I think it's silly to say he didn't. I agree with you there.

I think he now knows that he's out of that conversation because of the ghostwriting thing so he moved the field goal posts. And he has fans that argue that for him. I don't. And I also don't think he was ever on pace to be the best rapper anyway. There is something to say for not coming out with a complete rap album that eliminates you from that. Also, I don't think he was actually special enough at rapping to be a best ever rapper—strictly rapping. He's just a compete package of being really good at everything he does which, in turn, makes him great, overall.

All that to say, that's why he didn't turn down that ad campaign. I more agree with you than I don't. But even if he didn't want to be considered, I don't think he or anybody else is turning that money down because they don't want people to think they're one of the best. I kind of want to hear the argument too, actually.

Last edited:
We're not talking about the Rico Verse (Which he already said on the Semtex interview that he and QM collaborated on that)

We talking about the picture that you posted in here with a claim to it that's not true :\

My point is drake has had verses written for him since 09 so what he writes and doesn't write will always be speculation

That kid has no impulse control and is running his mouth because that is what is giving him shine right now.

And he is not hipping the world to anything. You got a ton of artist that have similar "Drake hit my manager" stories that all ended with in very different ways.

The kids is looking for attention, and people that dislike Drake are happy to give it to him

You saying this is whats giving shine but he aint force Drake to jack his flow. :lol:

This is kinda the same Kodak was saying when Drake was tryna d ride him. It was it was it is at this point. He likes to jump on what's hot and or use other rappers flows a lot.

We talking about the picture that you posted in here with a claim to it that's not true :\

My point is drake has had verses written for him since 09 so what he writes and doesn't write will always be speculation

Yet you present it as a fact he didn't write 0 to 100 in your original post

It cuts both ways famb

Drake never even addressed the Rico verse. :lol: He said they "collaborated" on songs. He ain't go into no detail and that's the thing about him not doing interviews with certain people that's gonna ask him real questions.

Last edited:
That kid has no impulse control and is running his mouth because that is what is giving him shine right now.

And he is not hipping the world to anything. You got a ton of artist that have similar "Drake hit my manager" stories that all ended with in very different ways.

The kids is looking for attention, and people that dislike Drake are happy to give it to him

You saying this is whats giving shine but he aint force Drake to jack his flow. :lol:

This is kinda the same Kodak was saying when Drake was tryna d ride him. It was it was it is at this point. He likes to jump on what's hot and or use other rappers flows a lot.

Famb, Drake was playing Kodak on OVO Sound radio before he had a wave. Hell months before a thread was even created on NT about dude. Stop it.

And the two flows sound the same, I will give you that, but what wave was this XXX on exactly? Most people only heard of him after this thing. And that XXX dude doesn't rap like that on the regular.

Drake biggin new artist is held in a different standard because some dude just consider him a vulture.

Let's be honest, Drake is just held to a different standard. It is just that simple.

Last edited:
I don't even get what y'all are looking for Drake to say :lol:

"Yea i wrote the first 45% of the verse, and i reworked this line"

It's not gonna change your opinion on dude or make you say "you know what he is one of the best rappers out"

He's not catering to whatever fanbase you're a part of, simple as that

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us be honest, if every Drake fan in here called him a pop artist, the same dudes will still be in here talking the same stuff.

They just doing the same thing Ninja does in the Politics thread, playing the role of antagonizing contrarians :lol:

For years in here Drake stans been saying Drake is a rapper, he can rap with anybody, he's the best. "Don't call him pop, he's not pop". Only since recently have y'all or they gave up on that cuz y'all or they really have no other choice now. He got writers. His music now is full pop/radio friendly. Can't get more pop than that. Good thing this thread finally sees that.

Famb, Drake was playing Kodak on OVO Sound radio before he had a wave. Hell months before a thread was even created on NT about dude. Stop it.

And the two flows sound the same, I will give you that, but what wave was this XXX on exactly? Most people only heard of him after this thing. And that XXX dude doesn't rap like that on the regular.

Drake biggin new artist is held in a different standard because some dude just consider him a vulture.

Let's be honest, Drake is just held to a different standard. It is just that simple.

Kodak himself said that **** was fishy.

Look up the DRAM situation, bro flat out said he got jacked for his song.

Look up 4 Tay, the rapper Drake (or whoever) ripped a whole verse from and had to come up off a cool hunnid racks because of it.

There's more examples, but point is, it's more than just wave riding. Drake been caught flat out stealing from other artists, so it's not surprising that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Because he do got some vulture in him. Every new rapper that pops up dude is tryna d ride them. And no Drake doesn't need somebody else to be hot but y'all can't sit here and say this man don't ride _'s waves. :lol: Dude got some weird affection with trap rappers and what's poppin.

Let us be honest, if every Drake fan in here called him a pop artist, the same dudes will still be in here talking the same stuff.

They just doing the same thing Ninja does in the Politics thread, playing the role of antagonizing contrarians :lol:

For years in here Drake stans been saying Drake is a rapper, he can rap with anybody, he's the best. "Don't call him pop, he's not pop". Only since recently have y'all or they gave up on that cuz y'all or they really have no other choice now. He got writers. His music now is full pop/radio friendly. Can't get more pop than that. Good thing this thread finally sees that.

I have been posting here for a minute, provide quote of me changing my tune like this.

If you can't, miss me with this strawman. heck famb, most of your post in here are strawmen.

And you stay wanting to call people stans, yet will get offended if someone calls you a hater :lol:

Last edited:
That grey area of "wave riding" and "bigging up" only varies when it's an artist someone likes/doesn't like

Back
Top Bottom