🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

The irony is that the line you quoted sounds like something Drake would rap. Without even reading the rest of your post, I would've assumed it was

Kendrick isn't doing anything with artistry above Drake, he's just rapping. People are complaining because Drake is expanding his artistry and actually mixing up the rap with R&B and international sounds. Kendrick isn't that imaginative. Furthest he's gone is using Anderson .Paaks singing voice.

My god. You people have got to stop putting Drake on this pedestal. It's really starting to reach weird levels. Especially when it comes to Kendrick, y'all claim they're not the same but go soooooooo hard at trying to prove why Drake is better :lol:
Wasn't trying to prove why Drake is better. Was pointing out the flaws in that Kendrick argument. If you got Drake was better than Kendrick from that, I don't blame you.

how is kendrick rapping black twitter "woke" tweets anymore or less substance filled than drake being overdramatic about his interactions with others in the industry

just be honest and say you care about one more but neither are really doing groundbreaking substance wise and i'd venture to say that drake is probably the first dude at his level to give out that perspective meanwhile how many times have we heard ****** talk about how evil the white man is or how black women should be natural

Common 'safety net' statements:

Kendrick/Cole is deep

You gotta be on another level to understand what they're saying

Their albums got layers to it (***** what? :lol:)

Migos/Uzi/Yachty/21 are trash (never heard a song of theirs in their whole life)

Drake sucks

Y'all all the same :lol:

You're wrong I listen to a variety of artists (Future, Migos, 21 are some of my favorites).

The whole 'deep' mantra is subjective. But you're not going to say Kendrick's music doesn't have a layer of substance that some of these other artists don't have. He's like Nas, Pac, and Big in that regard.

I'm not gonna speak for others cause we consume music differently

To me, a talented rapper is one with punchlines (Fab i.e. is my favorite rapper in that regard) but thats MY criteria, it may not be yours

I think someone would be silly to look to Drake music for 'deep' 'lyrics' etc. I just wanna hear some fly **** about stuntin on old chicks

about Kendrick, I **** with dudes music pretty decently, he's taleneted...but most of the people that say "he's deep" aren't even listening to the lyrics, they just know he's not making turn up music and he squeezes 20 words into a line...so they assume it must be deep...same people who still consider Eminem the best rapper

You not listening to 21/Migos etc for substance right? You just wanna hear something that makes you feel like you're turned up...you're not dissecting their lyrics or ranking them amongst the lyricists of the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendrick is a gona give yall a repackaged Black on Both Sides album and yall gonna suck his **** all week til the hype goes away.

say it again lol

not gonna lie humble was hard but i'd honestly rather kendrick come out on some ignorant mumble **** than have another corny pro black album like we aint already seen that ****

rap songs aint gonna fix any social problems lol

even if drake is a biter the final product is usually something you cant directly find anywhere else...

To me, a talented rapper is one with punchlines (Fab i.e. is my favorite rapper in that regard)

I think someone would be silly to look to Drake music for 'deep' 'lyrics' etc. I just wanna hear some fly **** about stuntin on old chicks

about Kendrick, I **** with dudes music pretty decently, he's taleneted...but most of the people that say "he's deep" aren't even listening to the lyrics, they just know he's not making turn up music and he squeezes 20 words into a line...so they assume it must be deep...same people who still consider Eminem the best rapper

This is a mischatacterization. He doesn't rap fast all the time. And the majority of his stuff is easy to consume, but some does actually make you think about the lyrics and metaphors.

The irony is that the line you quoted sounds like something Drake would rap. Without even reading the rest of your post, I would've assumed it was

Kendrick isn't doing anything with artistry above Drake, he's just rapping. People are complaining because Drake is expanding his artistry and actually mixing up the rap with R&B and international sounds. Kendrick isn't that imaginative. Furthest he's gone is using Anderson .Paaks singing voice.

They are not the SAME. Kendrick does not have the same versatility. Kendrick only raps about a narrative that will get him considered conscious. At the end of both careers they will not be close in success and reach.
Only difference is Drake doesn't make critic-bait music

Corny pro black :smh:

black people love being pro black in arenas that dont matter

we're quick to **** ride kendrick for reading black twitter timelines over smooth jazz but really what is a rap song gonna do

kendrick is out for the check as much as drake he's just selling you a different flavor

& i like both

Last edited:
how is kendrick rapping black twitter "woke" tweets anymore or less substance filled than drake being overdramatic about his interactions with others in the industry

just be honest and say you care about one more but neither are really doing groundbreaking substance wise and i'd venture to say that drake is probably the first dude at his level to give out that perspective meanwhile how many times have we heard ****** talk about how evil the white man is or how black women should be natural
Speak on it

To me, a talented rapper is one with punchlines (Fab i.e. is my favorite rapper in that regard)

This is a mischatacterization. He doesn't rap fast all the time. And the majority of his stuff is easy to consume, but some does actually make you think about the lyrics and metaphors.

I agree..I'm speaking on the people that don't even know Section.80, or untitled unmastered

It's just a safe statement to say Kendrick is deep/lyrical...because you won't get bashed for saying that

In the same sense where you won't get bashed if you say Drake sucks

It's all safety net statements...kendrick/drake can't be compared in any sense, both are very great at what they do, on opposite ends of the rap game

Hell, the two songs they have together are woman-based (Marvins Room/Poetic Justice)...they're not gonna make a "Sing about Me" or "levitate"

Why is my struggle different than others?
Only child that’s taking care of his mother
As health worsens and bills double
That’s not respectable all of a sudden?
I don’t get a pat on the back for the come up?
What do you see when you see me?
When did all the things I mean
From the bottom of my heart start to lose meaning?

:pimp: :pimp:

Dudes really acting like all Kendrick makes is TPAB type music :lol:
But they love hip hop though [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Humble was the best **** he dropped in years because he's finally off that ****

hipster white people love that music more than the people who are actually enduring the conditions he's rapping about

I didn't want to say anything. Apparently OD, Section 80 and GKMC never happened.

And 'critic bait' music? That's a new one.

hipster white people love that music more than the people who are actually enduring the conditions he's rapping about
Bruh, Humble was average as hell.

If Drake put out Humble ****** would of got that out of the paint real quick.

To me, a talented rapper is one with punchlines (Fab i.e. is my favorite rapper in that regard) but thats MY criteria, it may not be yours

You not listening to 21/Migos etc for substance right? You just wanna hear something that makes you feel like you're turned up...you're not dissecting their lyrics or ranking them amongst the lyricists of the game

You need to get riled up from Drake to teach you how to stunt on old chics? Why are you trying to "stunt" on a female anyway??? That's feminine as heck. You already lost, with that mindset. :rofl:

Last edited:

You can't really measure that but white people are def the biggest consumers of music aimed at black people anyway.

****** really out there like that don't have time to make blog posts and be in forums debating dumb **** day after day :lol:

Bruh, Humble was average as hell.

If Drake put out Humble ****** would of got that out of the paint real quick.
If Humble was average, then what's IYRTITL then? :nerd:

You can't really measure that but white people are def the biggest consumers of music aimed at black people anyway.

****** really out there like that don't have time to make blog posts and be in forums debating dumb **** day after day :lol:
Cats in here don't even realize the biggest consumers of Drake music are white girls

Back
Top Bottom