🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Yes a rapper who's an actual Piru would make Hood Politics and The Blacker the Berry for just white folks :rolleyes

was he a piru or did he have homies who did what they did and he was just the lil ***** who tagged along

everyone in the hood isnt necessarily a street *****

either way i dont care if he was suge knight he knows what to do to get grammys and white nerdy publication critical acclaim which is what dude up there meant by "critic bait"

Last edited:
Cats in here don't even realize the biggest consumers of Drake music are white girls

Yup. And this is who puts him on 'top of the game'. Same group that got Taylor Swift.

I guess K.Dot was telling truth on Control when he said he was going after Drake's fanbase :lol:

Let the rustling begin :nerd:

Last edited:
Kendrick trying to gain that fanbase but somehow Drake is corny because he has it.

How is Kendrick trying to gain that fanbase? Why did he make TPAB if that was the case? If anything his last album alienated that segment.

That song dropped after TPAB so you tell me

He said he did that feature so his niece would have something of his to dance to :lol:

"Music makes me feel good and I don't care what it is.
"Taylor is just a cool person and she makes great music. I need some music for my little niece. This is not for number one records, this is so my niece will think I'm cool."

Take it how you want.

Can we agree that Kodak is making the best music right now? :nerd:

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

yes

now thats someone telling conscious street stories without being corny about it or going out of his way to appeal to white hipster critics

I don't think Kendrick is corny because what Kendrick does reminds me of the beginnings of the "conscious" rap movement. White people were drawn to that too but the internet wasn't a big player in proliferation of music like it is now, but I agree with this.

Both rappers made a song called For Free

one is an actual good song
The other, dudes gotta give you an explanation as to why it sounds the way it does

Yes a rapper who's an actual Piru would make Hood Politics and The Blacker the Berry for just white folks :rolleyes

was he a piru or did he have homies who did what they did and he was just the lil ***** who tagged along

either way i dont care if he was suge knight he knows what to do to get grammys and white nerdy publication critical acclaim which is what dude up there meant by "critic bait"
You will be surprised that most of the music he makes is based off LA vibes and culture.

So if Kendrick is making music with the intention of getting critical acclaim, then Drake is intentionally making half assed projects to get negative acclaim?

Ross is also making amazing music right now.

Hip hop is getting off to a very strong 2017.

Future
Ross
Drake
Kodak
Lucci
Joey B4D*****
Dolph
Kendrick

Have literally dropped quality projects every single week. That touches a lot of fanbases.

You're wrong I listen to a variety of artists (Future, Migos, 21 are some of my favorites).

The whole 'deep' mantra is subjective. But you're not going to say Kendrick's music doesn't have a layer of substance that some of these other artists don't have. He's like Nas, Pac, and Big in that regard.

How was Bigs music deep?

Someone explain this to me :rofl: what was his message

You will be surprised that most of the music he makes is based off LA vibes and culture.

Yet dudes have an issue when Drake does the same thing with Toronto

Da hypocrisy

Da hypocrisy

I'm saying though :lol:

So if Kendrick is making music with the intention of getting critical acclaim, then Drake is intentionally making half assed projects to get negative acclaim?

both of them make the music they make to fulfill what their fanbase wants

drake has a fanbase of nerds that wants to live vicariously through him so they'll never get tired of him bragging about high school esque conquests at age 30

kendrick has a fanbase of people who think theyre smarter than they actually are because they listen to kendrick put big words together about the black plight instead of 21 savage

kendrick will throw a whole bunch of unnecessary instrumentation and extra **** on it so it can reciveve critical acclaim for being "different" or "avant garde" from the pitchforks and whoever (see kanye post MBDTF)

drake is just good at marketing the same old **** over and over

obviously everyone who listens to them doesnt fit into these categories but for the most part this applies to most of their dedicated fans

and along the way drake is catching hit records and kendrick is catching the critical acclaim from grammys and white nerdy blogs who think **** riding his album is gonna erase their guilt for the black dudes they never let into their parties in college

they are both filling their respective needs in the marketplace

Last edited:

Da hypocrisy
Not sure what you trying to say there, but I got no beef with what Drake does with the Toronto scene. I just don't see how Drake is better than Kendrick at rap.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Kendrick now, but when dudes comparing Drake and Kendrick they have such blind spots it is easy to poke them :lol:

Kendrick fanbase and Drake's fanbase overlap a lot.

There are a ton of white people, even girls, that like K .Dot's music and ignore all that social justice talk like it is noise.

Last edited:

Da hypocrisy
Not sure what you trying to say there, but I got no beef with what Drake does with the Toronto scene. I just don't see how Drake is better than Kendrick at rap.

It comes down to YOUR personal criteria of what makes a rapper "the best"

some will say sales
some will say lyrics
some will say longevity etc

Fab one of the best out to me, and I think he's heavily slept on...not gonna try to convince you of why i think he's one of the best to me tho

Last edited by a moderator:
black people love being pro black in arenas that dont matter

we're quick to **** ride kendrick for reading black twitter timelines over smooth jazz but really what is a rap song gonna do

kendrick is out for the check as much as drake he's just selling you a different flavor

& i like both

drake has a fanbase of nerds that wants to live vicariously through him so they'll never get tired of him bragging about high school esque conquests at age 30

kendrick has a fanbase of people who think theyre smarter than they actually are because they listen to kendrick put big words together about the black plight instead of 21 savage

kendrick will throw a whole bunch of unnecessary instrumentation and extra **** on it so it can reciveve critical acclaim for being "different" or "avant garde" from the pitchforks and whoever (see kanye post MBDTF)

obviously everyone who listens to them doesnt fit into these categories but for the most part this applies to most of their dedicated fans

and along the way drake is catching hit records and kendrick is catching the critical acclaim from white nerdy blogs who think **** riding his album is gonna erase their guilt for the black dudes they never let into their parties in college

If this ain't the realest **** I read in a minute DAMN

Da hypocrisy

Read this thread for a week and see how many people have a problem with Drake using Toronto slang because he is "trying to sound Jamaican"

Last edited:
Also somebody please explain what message biggie music had other than I grew up poor (exaggerated as well confirmed by his mom) I get hos and money, I bust guns, etc

Well one is an interlude and the other is a pop rap song aimed at Instagram models so....

anddd there goes the explanation lol

But where was the lie [emoji]129300[/emoji]

drake is just good at marketing the same old **** over and over

and along the way drake is catching hit records and kendrick is catching the critical acclaim from grammys and white nerdy blogs who think **** riding his album is gonna erase their guilt for the black dudes they never let into their parties in college

There it is

Also somebody please explain what message biggie music had other than I grew up poor (exaggerated as well confirmed by his mom) I get hos and money, I bust guns, etc

"Girls looking so good that he'll suck their daddys d"

(Dudes gonna come in here to defend this line btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom