🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

That is what he said...he said he gave up half his album. His albums are what 9 songs? 4 tracks is basically half.

Akademiks is the one who started the whole “Weeknd wrote half” because he misquoted(purposely or not) the original Weeknd interview.

"Practice" and "Marvin's Room" automatically disqualify Take Care from classic talk :lol: Such cringeworthy songs, now.

Marvin's Room is an all time Drake song, such a GOAT record

TC is cool, as time has passed a lot of the records on it I can do without. I have it as like 4th in Drake's Discography and not a classic.

DOs8YxyX0AUNnxG

Spicy. :lol:

Weeknd might not have written it all...but his DNA is all over that album.

I don't agree with this either.

Take Care is literally the So Far Gone aesthetic, which Weeknd had nothing to do with. If anything, Weeknd and HOB / Trilogy's DNA is Drake & 40 in the first place.

i used to hate marvins room tbh. i didnt like it until a couple years ago honestly. took me a while to realize that lastr verse is real life. classic

i used to hate marvins room tbh. i didnt like it until a couple years ago honestly. took me a while to realize that lastr verse is real life. classic

It's like, peak Drake R&B to me.

It's like a modern, colloquialized' take on the same subject matter that frequented Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Otis Redding, or like Uncle Sam or some ****. All of those guys I love too.

This makes no sense when Weeknd literally gave him multiple songs lol

Breh what are you talking about :lol:

He gave him 5 songs out of 20. Which is minimal and does not constitute his DNA being all over the album. The Dark, Moody aesthetic was literally there on So Far Gone.

Drake has even said that take care stems from this fictional city of Houstatlantavegas that...is on So Far Gone.

Complex: What did you do on “Practice”?

Abel: That whole hook was me. That’s probably the only song I wrote for Take Care. The rest of it was just **** I was going to have for [House of Balloons]. He really wanted to incorporate my sound, which was inspired by his sound. It’s not like, “Oh, I had the ‘new sound.’” It was just easier for him to relate to me, because it was his sound with an edge. It was that Toronto sound. So yeah, you’re right. I feel like I could have been that for his album.

In that same interview they likened him to Cudi and 808s. The consensus is Cudi's influence is all over 808's...even if Cudi is one of Ye's offspring...Cudi still has his own sound. Drake even said he wouldn't have been able to that album without Weeknd. He gave em the blueprint .

The MC revealed to MTV News that the narrative that drives his latest LP was inspired by "Houstatlantavegas," a So Far Gone track produced by 40

http://www.mtv.com/news/1676900/drake-making-take-care/

There's no doubt that XO aided in crafting a few songs on the record, but the entire DNA, feel, and aesthetic of the project was already there and had been there for years before XO even came into the picture. Houstatlantavegas is a concept Drake has worked with since before SFG

It wasn’t but Drake missed the mark on a few things with Views

Not a bad album at all though, not his best

Back
Top Bottom