🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

God’s Plan was never intended to feature Trippie I bet :lol:, how long does it take a ***** to finish a verse, it wasn’t like he was writing some thoughful ****...hell...Drake only version barely says anything on it :lol:

I think gods plan has the same weird underwater accordion sound effect that headlines has towards the end of the song. Pleasant nostalgic reminder :pimp:

God’s Plan was never intended to feature Trippie I bet :lol:, how long does it take a ***** to finish a verse, it wasn’t like he was writing some thoughful ****...hell...Drake only version barely says anything on it :lol:

Nah Drake and them ******* with bruh hella tough right now

If Trippie DJ said he just wanted to get the song out asap I believe it. They do everything in house so they have the ability to turn around a track fast as ****.

Nah Drake and them ****ing with bruh hella tough right now

If Trippie DJ said he just wanted to get the song out asap I believe it. They do everything in house so they have the ability to turn around a track fast as ****.

yeah trippie in the stu with 40 right now

Nah Drake and them ****ing with bruh hella tough right now

Well damn. Surprised me...

Drake made the right move dropping the record when he did IMO, now that those streaming numbers came out. You think it would’ve still did as well if Trippie was on it? (Not being sarcastic, actually asking)

Well damn. Surprised me...

Drake made the right move dropping the record when he did IMO, now that those streaming numbers came out. You think it would’ve still did as well if Trippie was on it? (Not being sarcastic, actually asking)
I don’t think it would’ve done as well honestly

15803DA7-D973-4C6A-B0DE-A0C528FF4E12.jpeg

Just posting this for reference of when they say he stole project pat flow, culture vulture etc :lol: #thenarrative

I don’t think too much of the song but I’m surprised that God’s Plan is doing as well as it is, I’m talking significantly better than his other efforts. His first (true) solo #1...One Dance was #1 but God’s Plan doesn’t have features for people to discredit the accolade at all like they did with One Dance

I’m sure that meeting with Apple has shifted more in Drakes favor now with this mini-release and it doing what it did. Keep in mind, it was available on all platforms from the jump. Apple may be more interested in reworking a deal now

Yeah, being on ALL PLATFORMS for sure helped (since Spotify) has more subscribers than Apple Music (more than double actually).

Not surprised by these numbers one bit. Drake is the biggest artist in music. Facts.

The reason why he's the biggest is because of big and at the same time tangible and organic his movement is musically.

If you look at the analytics of the biz, he wouldn't be the biggest act per say. Like Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, T Swift, Beyonce, Adele, etc. they all have way more followers than him across social media.

But they would have a hard time putting out one record w/no promo other than a couple of snippets and it go straight to #1 right now. (Beyonce maybe? But she has 70 Million more followers than Drake)

And that's impressive considering they have like 60, 70 Million more followers than Drake per platform. He put up one post on IG about God's plan / DI dropping and it's over 1million likes. 99% of Rap and Music can't do that, despite some having far more followers than him.

He "Only" has 39 Million followers which relative to the field he plays in, is small but he has real fans, a real following and that's why he won't be cold anytime soon because he, (Like Cole, Kendrick) built their followings in a grassroots sort of way and that always has longevity.

Last edited:
Drake is deeply entrenched in the social media market and has a very unique appeal. His team got the social media marketing **** sowed up and they're very savvy in regards to whats going on and what people want to hear over there. We were talking about "tricks" in the other thread a couple weeks ago but he has those "tricks" that reach out and grab his fans like no other. These are slick made for social media, like you know when a Drake track just dropped cause you'll see the damn same lines going down your TL :lol:

For example, bruh prolly wouldn't be caught dead in a corny *** cheesecake factory but that **** is very very relatable for the everyday person. Saw that line everywhere for months on Twitter and IG. Rapping about Nobu and all that is cool but we all know most of his fans ain't stepping foot in there. This time I think it was the "dont pull up at 6am" and "only love my bed and my mama" lines.

With that said they played this track right. Had the snippers floating around for a couple months to build hype, it was the top song on Rap Caviar (biggest playlist in hip hop) literally as soon as it dropped, etc. The weird thing for me is it sounds straight up like a Nav record tonally and flow wise and _'s **** on him (Drake of course has way better lines)

Yesterday it re broke the Spotify single day record again :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom