🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Saw the Jay/Drake comparison a few pages back.

Individual success it's there, but OVO as a label or brand hasn't reached the success of Rocafella.

Because Drake isn't invested in pushing his artist. Dude literally has PND and Dvsn on his label. They should have a bigger presence.

Drake isn't really "running" that label. Kinda like how Jay wasn't actively invested in any of the Roc artists until Kanye and by that point he was on his "mogul" **** and Kanye was already on the verge of stardom.

Dame Dash was the one who pushed the roster. For OVO...the person who's really pushing the buttons on **** is Oliver. There's 2 sides to this thing. Drake can't do **** for nobody on OVO when it comes to the business side and the marketing. It's impossible for Drake to be Drake and put a significant amount of energy into someone else.

Is there a difference from Weeknd to ILoveMakonnen? As far maybe work ethic or musical output?

Lol wasn't Weeknd essentially a OVO label artist? Same with ILM, but he never had a major push either like PND or DVSN, more a small cult following.

There are no stars on OVO. They're Niche artists to me, and in that regard they're fine. While they have real talent, they don't have any stars. Being a star is more than the music, and that's something that OVO Sound can help with, but that's on the artists big time

Honestly...how much bigger should those other guys be? They're niche...sort of art-house type of musicians. That's the type of label OVO is. Nothing about any of those guys suggests they're the type of artists that would garner massive amounts of international success and stardom....stadium tours on their own, etc. They're all super talented...but when it comes to being a mainstream star...we're talking about a whole different set of attributes needed that they don't have.

PND is my favorite artist...and I think he's right where he should be. If people are expecting to see PND all over the front cover of magazines and 3 songs at the top of charts, platinum albums, etc....it's just not going to happen. He's BY FAR the most talented musician on the roster as far as ability...but he isn't a "star".

edit - I posted this literally before I saw P C H P C H post above but he's exactly right

drake aint signing or pushing no star while he’s still trying to be drake musically

he dont have what wayne had where he was cool with playing second fiddle after a certain amount of time

Saw the Jay/Drake comparison a few pages back.

Individual success it's there, but OVO as a label or brand hasn't reached the success of Rocafella.

They not even the same type of label. Dame and Biggs was signing rappers to be stars or at least make their own name. OVO signs people to write music, they're not interested in pushing none of them _'s.

Lol wasn't Weeknd essentially a OVO label artist? Same with ILM, but he never had a major push either like PND or DVSN, more a small cult following.

Yeah he basically was without actually being signed.

Drake is who brought him to the masses.

After his first album he was damn near in the same position as PND if not worse. Literally fam was not known like that until drake, and was not being seen like that until earned it. That’s facts.

It’s hard to use weekend as an example because A LOT of things went right for him. He benefited the most out of everybody with “right time, right place”

If another weekend came out today he wouldn’t be nearly as famous

They not even the same type of label. Dame and Biggs was signing rappers to be stars or at least make their own name. OVO signs people to write music, they're not interested in pushing none of them _'s.

:lol: you don’t know why anyone signs artists FOH

:rofl: you post everything but facts. Get that hate out your heart

Back
Top Bottom