🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Yeah he basically was without actually being signed.

Drake is who brought him to the masses.

After his first album he was damn near in the same position as PND if not worse. Literally fam was not known like that until drake, and was not being seen like that until earned it. That’s facts.

It’s hard to use weekend as an example because A LOT of things went right for him. He benefited the most out of everybody with “right time, right place”

If another weekend came out today he wouldn’t be nearly as famous

What "first album"?

His first anything was House of Ballons and he was OUTTA here after that.

drake aint signing or pushing no star while he’s still trying to be drake musically

he dont have what wayne had where he was cool with playing second fiddle after a certain amount of time

But the thing is, Drake aint' signing or pushing no stars because he's not calling any of the shots. He couldn't push a star right now if we wanted to. That's all oliver and now future the prince and 40. Oli found weeknd, oli found pnd, 40 found DVSN, Drake has very little to do w/OVO, he's not even an OVO act and that matters and it's a huge reason why you don't see him plastered over ovo sound artist projects because he's not signed to OVO / Warner.

Also. every OVO artist was literally birthed through ovo. DVSN had less followers than me on Instagram before ovo signing :lol: these ****** were sitting at home with as much clout as you and me before ovo. Only exceptions are PND and weekend. PND to a lesser extent. He was just as writer with no fans.

What "first album"?

His first anything was House of Ballons and he was OUTTA here after that.

Kids land. My bad. First mainstream album. And I’m pretty sure HOB was free at first. So we can call that a mixtape.

HOB dropped in what 2011? By 2011 he already linked w drake

But the thing is, Drake aint' signing or pushing no stars because he's not calling any of the shots. He couldn't push a star right now if we wanted to. That's all oliver and now future the prince and 40. Oli found weeknd, oli found pnd, 40 found DVSN, Drake has very little to do w/OVO, he's not even an OVO act and that matters and it's a huge reason why you don't see him plastered over ovo sound artist projects because he's not signed to OVO / Warner.

whats buddy email :nerd:

Took me a minute to really think about how OVO isn’t Drake’s entity...obviously he could be in that position, but I feel like he’d be pushing/signing the Baka’s/P Reign’s, etc

Took me a minute to really think about how OVO isn’t Drake’s entity...obviously he could be in that position, but I feel like he’d be pushing/signing the Baka’s/P Reign’s, etc

Well Preme is RCA

and IMO I don't know this for sure but I think Baka's Drake's first "Artist" that he personally brought onto the label. Turned him from a weed carrier to an artist. Like that's his act, which is why you see him writing all of his records

Eh it kinda has to be like this tho. Bruh is a superstar and huge brand, maintaining all that **** is a lot. He seem like he try but I doubt he really got time to keep his ear to the street 24/7. So you have these _’s who play the A&R role, find these people, present em to you, groom em etc. For him that’s Oliver, Mr Morgan, Future, 40 etc

When Good was tryna sign my homie last year it was Che Pope who found him and was doing all the interactions, sending his music to Ye, etc. The Roc ain’t “The Roc” without Dame and co.

As far as OVO and pushing superstars I don’t even think that’s what they’re tryna do tbh. They just operate differently which is why Makonnen was clashing over there. He the type to make 10 songs and just randomly flood em on the net the same night.

Edit: He is more hands on w Baka it seems but he kinda has to be, I mean what would that _ be doing otherwise? :lol: :smh:

Eh it kinda has to be like this tho. Bruh is a superstar and huge brand, maintaining all that **** is a lot. He seem like he try but I doubt he really got time to keep his ear to the street 24/7. So you have these _’s who play the A&R role, find these people, present em to you, groom em etc. For him that’s Oliver, Mr Morgan, Future, 40 etc

When Good was tryna sign my homie last year it was Che Pope who found him and was doing all the interactions, sending his music to Ye, etc. The Roc ain’t “The Roc” without Dame and co.

As far as OVO and pushing superstars I don’t even think that’s what they’re tryna do tbh.

Edit: He is more hands on w Baka it seems but he kinda has to be, I mean what would that _ be doing otherwise? :lol: :smh:

Facts. Especially the last part. It appears that OVO is more enamored with signing career acts that can put out albums yearly and tour, and do the festival circuit instead of "Stars" who are buzzing on social media or in their city.

Also. every OVO artist was literally birthed through ovo. DVSN had less followers than me on Instagram before ovo signing :lol: these *****s were sitting at home with as much clout as you and me before ovo. Only exceptions are PND and weekend. PND to a lesser extent. He was just as writer with no fans.

I think they partially do this on purpose. Signing an act with literally 0 fans = far more leverage contractually.

Speaking with Billboard's Kevan Kenney on the black carpet at our Power 100 event on Thursday night, Apple Music's Beats 1 Radio host Zane Lowe weighed in on Drake’s recent dig at Apple Music executive Larry Jackson on the “Family Feud” remix.

Calling Drake “the Michael Jackson of streaming,” Lowe had nothing but praise for the musician. “I think that Drake is an artist and he should be entitled to say whatever he wants to say.”

On the track, Drake references his relationship with Apple Music and Jackson, rapping, “Somebody get Larry Jackson on the phone/ I need some ownership if we pressin' go/ Cause business is boomin' on behalf of me/ I need a bite outta the Apple like Adam and Eve.”

Responding to the name-check, Lowe says, “Look, I grew up listening to rap music and so did Larry; we’re huge fans of rap. It’s a place where transparency is a big part of the game and you tell stories and you tell honest tales. … There’s worse things in life than being name-checked by Drake in a song, dude. I was literally texting Larry like, ‘I can’t believe he name-checked you, bro! That’s incredible!’”

Lowe adds that he loves the fact that Drake is transparent and that he puts himself on the line while saying what’s going on in his life, explaining that’s what makes his music “so compelling.”

When asked what Drake’s current relationship with Apple Music is, Lowe responded, “That’s a great question,” adding that he does not have an answer at the moment.

You can watch the video above to hear Zane Lowe discuss Drake’s relationship with Apple Music below:

https://www.billboard.com/biz/artic...ip-with-apple-music-calls-him-michael-jackson

Are y'all really surprised that these two records are doing so well on the charts? Y'all been begging for new Drake music for damn near a year now :lol:

Of course when a top 5 biggest artist in the game drops some music (when he hasn't in seemingly a long time) it's going to do numbers.

Drake releasing music (whether it's a mixtape, album, or single) is a major event these days :lol:

Back
Top Bottom