🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 12.09.04 AM.png

:lol::smh:

What a run The Boy has been on in 2018 so far :smokin. He really got this music **** figured out :wow:.

God’s Plan - mass appeal
Diplomatic Immunity - for rap purists
Bring it back, Walk it like I talk it, Look alive - for da streets
Nice for what - for da ladies

Like I didn't study the game to the letter & understand that I'm not doin' it the same, man, I'm doin' it better :emoji_six::emoji_pray:

Last edited:
Drake out here living out Kanyes dreams.... hes actually giving back to the communities , people love him ( for the most part), consistently dropping new music..relevancy on high

FIRE.

Him and his team have such a knack for borrowing from the past without being totally unoriginal. But that’s what good artists do—they take from the past and incorporate it into the present to create something “new”. The bounce of this track is so damn nostalgic. :pimp:

All these little sprinkles of paying homage to older artists/styles/music throughout Drake’s career make me appreciate him more. He can be extra corny at times, but you can tell he’s well-versed in the history of the music he makes. Ya gotta respect that at least.

With all do respect, this all false. He tried to shot out Wu Tang and picks the least talented member. His DMX sample was trash. His flipping of Erykah Badu was trash. Personally wasn’t a fan of the Aliyah stuff he was trying to do but I could see why someone would like it. Really nothing comes to mind that strikes me as a dope flip/paying homage. He’s undeniably talented and has the track record/resume to back it up. but let’s call a spade a spade. He’s made his career of piggybacking on other people’s styles and personnas. The one thing that is unique to him, is his corniness. In my opinion it’s the reason he doesn’t have a classic album.

On second thought, the thing him and 40 had going on was unique but that was only gonna Carry him for so long

The joint is whatever. No way folks gon be able to hype this one up

QFT. This song is trash. I’ll admit I was one of the people who co-signed the Gods Plan video when it dropped, but... after speaking to some people in the music industry it’s not as philanthropic as it’s portrayed to be. There’s a reason he used the label’s money.

It’s a discussion board brother. Just sharing my opinion to pass the time. I’d be genuinely
Interested to see some examples of what inspired your statement.

Back
Top Bottom