🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

With all do respect, this all false. He tried to shot out Wu Tang and picks the least talented member. His DMX sample was trash. His flipping of Erykah Badu was trash. Personally wasn’t a fan of the Aliyah stuff he was trying to do but I could see why someone would like it. Really nothing comes to mind that strikes me as a dope flip/paying homage. He’s undeniably talented and has the track record/resume to back it up. but let’s call a spade a spade. He’s made his career of piggybacking on other people’s styles and personnas. The one thing that is unique to him, is his corniness. In my opinion it’s the reason he doesn’t have a classic album.

On second thought, the thing him and 40 had going on was unique but that was only gonna Carry him for so long

QFT. This song is trash. I’ll admit I was one of the people who co-signed the Gods Plan video when it dropped, but... after speaking to some people in the music industry it’s not as philanthropic as it’s portrayed to be. There’s a reason he used the label’s money.

Oh

Yeah, this song def isn't for everybody. It's a club record for the ladies. The beat and production is fire though. I rock with it.

Don’t see how anyone can say this is trash. I think negros just don’t like songs about women lol.

tenor.gif

when you realize this is the same song Lauryn Hill's son was playing

Love God’s Plan but don’t like this new track... it’s something about the pace that’s throwing me off...

Stopped reading right here....I give you effort for trying to disguise the hate in an objective opinion though. A for effort.

No need to hate. I don’t post a lot but if I cared enough I could pull the receipts from the comeback season days advocating for him having next. (I remember everyone in this thread clowning him for those fake 5’s) Same for SFG and the Take Care era. I have no problem admitting Drake has been the soundtrack to some of the better moments in my life, but I’m objective about the path of his career.

I asked the other homie, and I extend the offer to you as well.... can you provide a few tracks that unanimously suggest he’s good at paying homage to the past and reinventing it? I don’t think he is. That’s my opinion. Just curious to why y’all see it the way y’all do. I think he has one of the best strategizing teams behind him the industry has ever seen that allows him to get away with some inconcsistent stuff.

At first he’s never beefing, next he had to to do it to meek, and now it’s “Say that we’re beefing dog but you’re on your own”

Where was this tough guy persona when Kendrick had something to say, when jay elect had something to say, when pusha t had something to say, when jay specifically sent ye to sabotage one of his debut videos?

He’s played the game as well as anyone but he’s not with out his mishaps.

In regards to this new track, IMO it seems like his usual shallow attempt at pandering to a specific audience and the music itself isn’t good. He ask why no one recognizes him when it comes to black excellence and tracks like this are why. For those “who get it” understand that there’s been an effort to systematically destroy the nuclear black family. We live in a time where ninjas are getting shot down like a dog in the streets, and the black man/woman are more didivided then ever, yet you drop a track pushing the independent/I don’t need a man narrative....

Idk just my 2 red pennies.

I need you to expound on that last paragraph cause I'm not seeing how you arrived there

There’s a lot of layers to it. Ultimately I think it boils down to Willie Lynch for both sides, but he says

“Black excellence, but I guess when it comes to me it's not the same though, all goodie.”

A lot of people feel like Drake commandeers stuff at his convenience then tosses it when he’s done with it. From people I’ve spoke to, they feel like his approach to “black excellence” is no different. Because of that, Diddy, Hov, Kendrick etc. have all black balled him from anything having to do with that movement.

In regards to this track specifically, it just feels like him saying the cliché things a woman would wanna hear after a break up. I guess it would be cool if it was just a regular track and he was saying this, but in terms of artist integrity I don’t feel like the images in this video would be in alignment with what Lauryn Hill was about (but who knows cause it’s released). At any rate Drake is 32. It’s weird to me the best advice he has for a woman after a break up is to hit the club and indulge in narcissistic behavior. When I think of black excellence I think of reaffirming the family structure. I’m aware music/dancing has always been healing to our people, I grew up in the clubs and I’ve seen it ruin many a woman before they even got a chance to start families.

With that said, I don’t even think that’s a lane Drake should be dabbling in (black excellence), he’s outgrown it. He’s a global icon that has an opportunity to make universal music, and maybe that’s what this is and I’m not seeing it as that yet. But if that’s the case, it’s a still a low quality offering and doesn’t compare to tracks like Passion Fruit or Work.

No need to hate. I don’t post a lot but if I cared enough I could pull the receipts from the comeback season days advocating for him having next. (I remember everyone in this thread clowning him for those fake 5’s) Same for SFG and the Take Care era. I have no problem admitting Drake has been the soundtrack to some of the better moments in my life, but I’m objective about the path of his career.

I asked the other homie, and I extend the offer to you as well.... can you provide a few tracks that unanimously suggest he’s good at paying homage to the past and reinventing it? I don’t think he is. That’s my opinion. Just curious to why y’all see it the way y’all do. I think he has one of the best strategizing teams behind him the industry has ever seen that allows him to get away with some inconcsistent stuff.

At first he’s never beefing, next he had to to do it to meek, and now it’s “Say that we’re beefing dog but you’re on your own”

Where was this tough guy persona when Kendrick had something to say, when jay elect had something to say, when pusha t had something to say, when jay specifically sent ye to sabotage one of his debut videos?

He’s played the game as well as anyone but he’s not with out his mishaps.

In regards to this new track, IMO it seems like his usual shallow attempt at pandering to a specific audience and the music itself isn’t good. He ask why no one recognizes him when it comes to black excellence and tracks like this are why. For those “who get it” understand that there’s been an effort to systematically destroy the nuclear black family. We live in a time where ninjas are getting shot down like a dog in the streets, and the black man/woman are more didivided then ever, yet you drop a track pushing the independent/I don’t need a man narrative....

Idk just my 2 red pennies.

What do you mean tracks he’s good at paying homage or reinventing it? He’s done it NUMEROUS times...for some reason with drake though people want him to do more than that. Look alive is paying homage to project pat right? I guess he needs to yell out project pat name, buy project pat a new car etc ? Or what? You saw how they tried to spin it like he stole project pat lyrics lol. Even tho theyre boys and project pat clearly approves. Homage is all Over views, a lot of these recent tracks he’s been doing. Hell what’s wrong w this one now? Paying homage to Lauryn

Why do ppl act like being calculated and strategically inclined is a bad thing? Do ppl like miracles or what? :lol: Why not admire the composure and tenacity to move effectively?

Also..people change. Fam was what 22 when he was on the no beef stuff? Why can’t he diss someone that was gone off the Henny and pills and decided to try and sabotage his career? Kendrick ain’t never said no names...but I do agree he could go more at him. Though he has a couple times in the same subliminal way.

If he plays the game “as good as anyone else” and his “mishaps” like anyone else why even mention it? Makes no sense.

“It seems like his usual shallow attempt” who are you or anyone else to say? Maybe he’s making those records because that’s how he feels. How is a woman’s plight shallow? :lol: because it’s presented in a fun easy going way? “The music itself isn’t good” I beg to differ. There ain’t even nothing to argue about there. You don’t like it. Many people won’t like it for whatever reason (beacause it’s drake). Many more people will like it.

Black excellence (the real not Twitter version) is when you’re excelling and black. You’re a positive image and black. That’s it nothing more. Nothing less.

I don’t have to say “cops shoot us in the street” to be black excellence that’s ******ed. That’s the thing that kills me the most about these black twitter shaderoom folks nowadays. You negros will boost up a dude that raps about drugs ****in **** killing people shoot up ya grandma crib etc because he said “man cops kills us it’s messed up” but the actual black folks that EXEMPLIFY excellence and composure. Literally never do any criminal activity or wrongdoing for the MOSTPART and you negros will be like ****. Or sell out etc. straight backwards *** mentality.

Is Serena Williams black excellence or not cuz she married a white dude? :lol:

Random : killer mike rant

Dudes are wild out here man. I hate how if you don’t agree or live by EVERY SINGLE THING someone says then they can’t rock w you. **** is ******ed. Dudes were ready to throw killer mike away and clown him when he’s done more than 99% of the fools talking. They ok they *** eating potato chips never helped any black people. But he’s a sell out cuz rock w the NRA. :lol: ****** ain’t even watch that interview... :smh: I was shocked when I watched it cuz I thought he was gon say some crazy ****...dude made PERFECT sense.. :smh:

Also I would love to see proof that this is a time where more than ever black men/women are more “divided than ever”

Are you looking at social media or do you have the facts to back that up?

Asking because I know racist folks be making that **** up to make us look like we are in peril when a lot of times in fact we’re improving

The deep dives that people take with songs sometimes man (and I indulge in this too at times)

Like...it’s not that serious man lol do you like the song or not :lol: the record is simply to make women feel good about themselves and have fun, which it does / will. That’s it.

This song of all songs doesn’t require an expose or dissertation on why Drake has been blackballed by the black excellence click and why Drake is encouraging narcissism with girls who should be focused on the black family structure :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom