🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I've listened to it a few timed now.

Some high level rapping with some mid level pop-rap songs on some very expensive sounding beats.

It's way way way way too long.

Artists ruining bodies of work to game streaming numbers has been an unfortunate development.
Can someone explain how longer albums games the streaming thing? I've never understood the argument.

That beat switch on TSU…

7D272BA1-E9DD-4C08-9D80-89DF9DF06633.gif

This is the first album that it sounds like Drake's reached a dead end sonically.

All the other albums pushed his sounds in new directions,

this is the first one that sounds derivative imo

And the point is more songs equal more attempts at appealing to a demo'?

My bad, I thought the Wikipedia article explained it well enough. 20 songs = 2 album sales automatically for the people who downloaded the whole album.

However, dudes are always gonna find a reason to criticize Drake more than anyone else as if their favorite artist doesn’t ever have stoppable tracks on their albums.

Not sure anything on the album is going to get more plays from me than Popstar, What's Next, Laugh Now Cry Later, or Toosie Slide.

My bad, I thought the Wikipedia article explained it well enough. 20 songs = 2 album sales automatically for the people who downloaded the whole album.

However, dudes are always gonna find a reason to criticize Drake more than anyone else as if their favorite artist doesn’t ever have stoppable tracks on their albums.
Yeah this whole "Drake isn't rapping about the racial and political climate" stuff is insane. If he did that he'd be called a hypocrite. We also have mad rappers already doing that crap

Yeah this whole "Drake isn't rapping about the racial and political climate" stuff is insane. If he did that he'd be called a hypocrite. We also have mad rappers already doing that crap

WHO ASKED FOR THIS!? 🤣🤣🤣

A "Bigger Picture" type of track wouldn't be out of place for him (granted he's Canadian) or even addressing the blackface thing

To expect it is one thing, but would be a nice surprise especially when you start your album saying 'this the part where I'ma find a new part of me to explore'

This is the first album that it sounds like Drake's reached a dead end sonically.

All the other albums pushed his sounds in new directions,

this is the first one that sounds derivative imo
He’s sounded the same since Views

He said “put it on GD” which is Gangster Disciples. They heavy in Chicago and I wouldn’t use that term unless I was member. If he used it to try to play tough it’s going to cost a couple hundred thousands for the advertisement
Kanye is trying to free the man himself Larry Hoover from prison. Every GD in Chicago and nationwide gotta respect that. Not that it matters, ain’t no street guys checking a billionaire that moves like the president and owns a mountain side.

Some people specialize in finding a negative angle and sticking to it. It's annoying. If he did speak on it, they'd just find something else to criticize him for.

Oh now Drakes a victim? He has unrealistic expectations and standards coming from both sides - his stans and his detractors. Very few just call it for what it is. Album has its highs and lows, and that can’t be debated. To expect him to rap or sing about social justice is as unrealistic as the notion of him being a victim. Wheres the objectiveness? It clearly doesn’t seem to exist at this point.

Back
Top Bottom