🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

You're missing the point. Of course he would tell them that. He wants to use them and their record to get into the clubs and reach that hood/dirty demographic. He's getting in good with them. And besides, he very well may think that they have next as far as being that new trap, dirty, simplified sound.

That doesn't change the fact that he's using them and their record to get into the clubs and get into people's cars/ears that he otherwise wouldn't be able to get in to.

Why do you think most of the time Drake's club/ratchet records are via features and not his own records? When you hear drake in the club, it's hardly ever his song. He uses features to stay relevant, and he has his ears and eyes all in the most popping U.S. cities music wise. Before those guys get national attention and acclaim, he'll jump on their record, cosign them, and boom. Drake has now "made another hit," is "in the clubs," and has now "made another act." Most people legit think Versace is Drake's song, and that he made Migos. This, whether intentionally or unintentionally, is Drake's aim.

He is immersed all facets of the Hip-Hop culture, but is always cognizant and aware of how he appears to the national audience. This strategy is his way of being in the culture, without being identified (or typecasted) as that part of the culture. And He probably genuinely likes the people he cosigns, but this is a business and he uses the weight and talent behind his name brilliantly.

Well said my friend

Yeah, aside from like 3 songs, I don't play a thing off this anymore. Album really was nothing special.

*Plays new Danny Brown album* :smokin

Yeah, aside from like 3 songs, I don't play a thing off this anymore. Album really was nothing special.

*Plays new Danny Brown album*
smokin.gif
This has got to be the most hilarious thing posted in this thread. Danny Brown though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I still remember seeing the replacement girl video after watching degrassi :pimp:
Then Searching for drake in limewire and only getting drake and josh :smh: :lol:
Who woulda thought he'd be killin in 2013 :smokin too dope

I'm not writing off Drake. I know I've appeared as a Drake hater in this thread. I really do enjoy some of the tracks on the album. It just isn't as flawless or great as an album as everyone says.

And yea. Danny Brown's album just leaked, it's brand new, of course I'm gonna check it out. XXX had some good songs on it, Black and Brown is a GREAT mixtape.

If Pusha's album leaked, I'd be listening to that. I'm not a HUGE Danny Brown fan, but his album just happened to have leaked.

I'm not writing off Drake. I know I've appeared as a Drake hater in this thread. I really do enjoy some of the tracks on the album. It just isn't as flawless or great as an album as everyone says.

And yea. Danny Brown's album just leaked, it's brand new, of course I'm gonna check it out. XXX had some good songs on it, Black and Brown is a GREAT mixtape.

If Pusha's album leaked, I'd be listening to that. I'm not a HUGE Danny Brown fan, but his album just happened to have leaked.

Appeared as a hater; you've done nothing but bash Drake :lol:

Don't back track now

Nah, if you go some pages back, I said I was feeling some of the tracks on NWTS. Hell, I even said he can rap. I just bashed the inconsistency of how he cries on half of his tracks, and try's to be hard on half his tracks.

I mean come on now, on one track he's trying to be hard, then on the next "I don't want to just talk girl I wanna trust."

This is what's hot in hip hop these days?

I just bash how the stans claim his albums are flawless, and Take Care is flawless, I just don't see it.

Like Drake stans really believe he is superior to Kendrick and Jay-Z right now :rofl: that's the most blasphemous statement I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Man I still remember seeing the replacement girl video after watching degrassi :pimp:
Then Searching for drake in limewire and only getting drake and josh :smh: :lol:

I still actually remember you trying to put me on back in like 2007-2008 on HHBoard and I kept sleeping until I finally peeped that unofficial Heartbreak Drake tape in late 2008 and it's been history ever since :lol:

The boy Aubrey winning man :smokin

In this same thread you also said that you will never like Drake because he is the contirbuting factor behind the emasculation of the black man. Those are much stronger comments than "I like four tracks"

I'm the guy who said Take Care was flawless and I stand by that statement.

This is rap music, dudes puff their chest and say stuff about being hard that they would never do all the time. Every trap rapper claims they would wet up an entire block, and cause this guy says that if you step to him he wouldnt run theres a big issue? Thats the same stuff that any normal person would do, its nowhere close to trying to be hard. Those claims were always reaches to me.

My comments are invalid though cause my avi is the album cover.

I still actually remember you trying to put me on back in like 2007-2008 on HHBoard and I kept sleeping until I finally peeped that unofficial Heartbreak Drake tape in late 2008 and it's been history ever since :lol:

The boy Aubrey winning man :smokin
Ransom was the first Drake track I ever heard, downloaded Comeback Season and then Room for Improvement and I was a fan. The funny thing is when So Far Gone dropped I started not to like dude and the direction his music was going in, I was adamant in saying that he was finshed and wouldnt cosign a thing of is. To this day I still despise Best I Ever Had, its his worst song ever IMO.

Then TML dropped and I got it, I wasnt totally blown away being that there were a few songs on there I didnt mess with (Find Your Love especially) but he redeemed himself in my eyes. Then Summer of 2011 came and Dreams Money Can Buy and every song after that came. It was over after that, one of the most impressive runs ever, and he has rarely dissappointed since.

Last edited:
Nah, if you go some pages back, I said I was feeling some of the tracks on NWTS. Hell, I even said he can rap. I just bashed the inconsistency of how he cries on half of his tracks, and try's to be hard on half his tracks.

I mean come on now, on one track he's trying to be hard, then on the next "I don't want to just talk girl I wanna trust."

This is what's hot in hip hop these days?

I just bash how the stans claim his albums are flawless, and Take Care is flawless, I just don't see it.

Like Drake stans really believe he is superior to Kendrick and Jay-Z right now :rofl: that's the most blasphemous statement I've ever heard.

Dude you are talking about him crying? How many girl threads have you made over the years. You should relate this his music more than anyone.

If someone thinks he's better than Kendrick than that's their opinion and choice; there is no fact either way.

You are the definition of a hater

Last edited:
Ransom was the first Drake track I ever heard, downloaded Comeback Season and then Room for Improvement and I was a fan. The funny thing is when So Far Gone dropped I started not to like dude and the direction his music was going in, I was adamant in saying that he was finshed and wouldnt cosign a thing of is. To this day I still despise Best I Ever Had, its his worst song ever IMO.

Then TML dropped and I got it, I wasnt totally blown away being that there were a few songs on there I didnt mess with (Find Your Love especially) but he redeemed himself in my eyes. Then Summer of 2011 came and Dreams Money Can Buy and every song after that came. It was over after that, one of the most impressive runs ever, and he has rarely dissappointed since.

I'm glad that my first few introductions to his music were after he had already dabbled with the concept of melody then, because I probably would've felt the same way as you :lol: Loved So Far Gone (I'm about to play Lust For Life right now) and Thank Me Later from day one, and I think Thank Me Later only got better to me with time.

Agreed on Best I Ever Had being at LEAST top 3 worst Drake songs ever.

The 2011 to now run is outright scary though. I hope any breaks he decides to take don't cool his streak.

Drake is definitely going to be the biggest hip hop artist of this generation without a doubt, I feel for y'all who don't vibe with the young king because there is no one out there ******g with him at all on a lot of different levels.

Take Care is still Drake's greatest work. I don't even like his pre Take Care work tbh and Nothing Was The Same is good but nothing special.

I'm glad that my first few introductions to his music were after he had already dabbled with the concept of melody then, because I probably would've felt the same way as you
laugh.gif
Loved So Far Gone (I'm about to play Lust For Life right now) and Thank Me Later from day one, and I think Thank Me Later only got better to me with time.

Agreed on Best I Ever Had being at LEAST top 3 worst Drake songs ever.

The 2011 to now run is outright scary though. I hope any breaks he decides to take don't cool his streak.
Dog Lust for Life is one of his best songs ever IDC what anyone says, I wish there was a better quality version of it floating around. I eventually went back to TML and really started to like songs that I initially wrote off (CeCes Interlude, Fireworks who knows why I initally wrote these off :smh: ) there are still some songs that I dont mess with it at all, but I intially went in with the intention to hate on it, just looking for negative things to say. Same goes for So Far Gone really.

Back
Top Bottom