🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Too much Kendrick talk in the Drake thread, that man has his own thread y'all wilding. Everything that is to be said about the control verse and Drake being in his feelings has been said

This may not matter to most by I'm real disappointed with this CD book. I never like when a minimalist approach us taken to them

I always appreciate it when effort is put into the book and the cd itself.

Stuff like this is much nicer than just a plain cd with the title

Last edited:
CD is dope. Album of the year so far IMO.

Drake, Cudi, Kendrick, The Weeknd, and Cole are some of the few new artist I still check for.

Drake & 40/Boi-1da have a great sound/chemistry. They are just doing things that are refreshing to hear sonically. I can appreciate that.

Good for the boy Aubrey. :smokin

birdman was so needed on the outro for the language :lol: :pimp:

& i think rocky & kendrick would've been fine without drake's cosign. rocky was already making noise with LiveLoveA$AP & peso was all over the place. kendrick already had a following before drake was trying to get his name out there as well.

granted that extra exposure didn't hurt, but i think by the time kendrick starting prepping for his album & dropping singles, he would've had the same amount of success without a drake cosign. swimming pools came & hit hard & GKMC was buzzing for awhile. kendrick didn't NEED any extra push.

the same goes for rocky too, ******g problems would've still had the same impact (i don't count a drake feature as drake necessarily putting him on). plus he was touring with rihanna & was on her cockiness remix too so he was still finding ways to get his name out there. i think both artists would've still had just as much success today without drake. did it help bring in some fans? im sure. however, they both had a lot of momentum going before he started cosigning them.

Apparently, Kendrick takes another jab at Drake during his BET Hip-Hop awards cypher, saying something along the lines of

Yeah Nothing Was The Same since that Control Verse

Last edited:
Upon further review...Wayne shoulda been on the CD somewhere

305, own it, worst behavior, the language..something
mean.gif
Weezy on "The Language"
pimp.gif
 if that turns into a single I bet he hops on 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Song low-key reminds me of "I'm On One"

Last edited:
Had to scroll up and look at the title again..

Swore I thought clicked Drake's thread, came in and all I see is Kendrick this and that...about the same old Control verse.
I had to go back looking if he dropped something new dissing Drake.

:smh:

Had to scroll up and look at the title again..

Swore I thought clicked Drake's thread, came in and all I see is Kendrick this and that...about the same old Control verse.
I had to go back looking if he dropped something new dissing Drake.

mean.gif
laugh.gif
Was waiting for someone to mention it.  And they say Drake's "stans" are the worst, huh
laugh.gif
mean.gif

^^^

Drake stans swear he makes the best albums. Kendrick stans swear he's the best rapper alive. And Kanye stans... well let's just say I fall into categories B and C :rofl:

Yall realize that the West Coast legends handed Kendrick the crown right? That had zero to do with Drake and it's never been done before

the average music fan does not care about snoop and the game passing a crown to KDot on stage. Drakes co sign helped Kendricks and Asaps career, thats simple. The same way Lil Wayne's cosign helped Drake, he had a great product, but would not have been as successful without Wayne co sign. simple.

^ Wayne consigned Kendrick before Drake though...

...so what are we talkin' about?

EDIT:

Actually I'm wrong, C4 came out in '09...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom