a night off
and last song ended with 5am in dallas
u wouldnt consider it a classic?????
like if that was his debut album
all them songs are his
he could in theory create a classic

most definitely .. amazing choice !!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

and his r&b album would consist of ??

I don't like Jay or Drake but I wouldn't compare them. I would put Drake with Nelly. They can rap but it's not legendary or ever will be. He has average bars with a nice flow sometimes.

Drake's verse was far from special. Just another average verse with a nice flow.

Last edited:
Nelly and drake have the similar ability to just make those hits that make you lil b gif. But drakes catalogue>nelly

Not even going to mention Kendrick because honestly drake and Kendrick are in two completely different lanes

on some REAL ****
if drake dropped a 12 song album
and it was his first and only album and it had
the calm
free spirit
light up
dreams money can buy
lord knows
crew love
uptown
successful
the language
look what you've done OR too much
a night off
and last song ended with 5am in dallas
u wouldnt consider it a classic?????
like if that was his debut album
all them songs are his
he could in theory create a classic

most definitely .. amazing choice !!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

and his r&b album would consist of ??
:wow:
A double album like nellys sweat/suit
1 album of lords knows
1 album of best I ever hads
Double plat EASY

Nelly ? :wow: :wow:

I'm a fan of Nelly, and I see why some would say that, but man that's completely off base IMO

Drake is a much better rapper and actually has an r&b presence, he isn't a rapper who is using some melody ala Ja Rule, Nelly, etc. He actually becomes an r&b artist when he sings.

I don't think a double album would be successful in today's environment, ****** got ADD, just an album with more than 16 songs is too much sometimes

Almost all artists albums would be better if they were from 10 to 14 songs, most albums over 14 tracks have some kind of filler.

:lol: @ thinking Nelly was ever rapping on Drake level, you either trolling or drunk.

Nelly couldn't rap? What level is Drake on?

I've heard every Nelly album, every Drake album and mixtape. Their flows outweigh their lyrics, they make songs aimed for women and plenty of R&B influenced tracks. Drake level? :lol:

Ma$E actually makes perfect sense Girls love their music but any given time they could black the **** out on a ****** track. Play the line pretty well.

:lol: @ Girls love their music but any given time they could black the **** out on a ****** track.

Drake Nelly comparison was pretty spot on early on both rapped more then transitioned into whatever it is they do now

i ain't EVER here anybody say nelly had a top verse at any period not of the year, month, week, mutha****** hour whatever.... Nor did he have the respect from other rappers that drake has say what you want about his image but people discuss Drake's BARS

Nelly was never praised for his rhymes. People actually consider Drake to be a great/above average rapper.

Last edited:
i ain't EVER here anybody say nelly had a top verse at any period not of the year, month, week, mutha****** hour whatever.... Nor did he have the respect from other rappers that drake has say what you want about his image but people discuss Drake's BARS

This. Come on man. Nelly? :lol:

If I had to compare Drake to a past rapper I would say he's Ma$e

Ma$e isn't a bad comparison, I think Ma$e was a better rapper than Drake.

It's a different time period and genre. They're all friends and scared to latch off each other's tity. Drake wouldn't be getting the same praise if it was 2000.

Y'all are acting like Nelly can't rap. Am I that much older than some of you? Nelly had the world on him for 3-4 years straight.

"People actually consider Drake to be a great/above average rapper."

I'm not one of those people he's got a slick enough flow but a great rapper? never

Big L was a Great rapper

Drake makes chick flicks on wax and occasionally tries to switch it up sounds like Nelly to me

I could see Drake moving towards full on pop records just like Nelly too

Back
Top Bottom