🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Ma$e isn't a bad comparison, I think Ma$e was a better rapper than Drake.
It's a different time period and genre. They're all friends and scared to latch off each other's tity. Drake wouldn't be getting the same praise if it was 2000.

Y'all are acting like Nelly can't rap. Am I that much older than some of you? Nelly had the world on him for 3-4 years straight.

So Jay, Nas, 50, Styles, Jada, Bun B etc etc who are all from the era and straight up called him nice are trying to latch on?

Nelly couldn't rap? What level is Drake on?

I've heard every Nelly album, every Drake album and mixtape. Their flows outweigh their lyrics, they make songs aimed for women and plenty of R&B influenced tracks. Drake level? :lol:

I feel sorry for you if you genuinely believe that, everyone else has said enough :lol:

I don't even know why y'all bother debating with these dudes :lol:

I was a huge Nelly fan up until around '07, but if you think him and Drake were ever on the same level lyrically then you just don't like Drake lyrically and you should say that outright.

Eh, enough with the nelly comparisons. On another note...

Thank Me Later is good album but Take Care is a classic. I'll still be playing it 10 years from now. The production is excellent and the album is filled with BANGERS top to bottom, even his girly songs are actually good and I couldn't stand "shot for me" or "marvin's room" when I first heard em. It actually took his latest album for me to actually want to listen through the entire songs on Take Care once I realized that was the direction he was taking. Hopefully on his next project he turns up the energy again and gives us some lord knows, UGK, HYFR type songs.

Damn, so people really don't remember that Nelly run. NO ONE was talking **** about his lyrics during that Country Grammar run all the way up to the Sweat and Suit albums. He was one of the biggest rappers during that time period and was claimed to be one of the best. I'm guessing time has some of y'all forgetting.

I mean, with the singing and rapping and using melody, I get it I understand the comparison.

But for me, this just proves why I think Drake is the most underrated rapper out. No matter how great of a rapper he is, no matter how many Paris Morton Musics, 9am's, 5am's, Wildfire verses, Say What's Real's, Resistances, no matter how many versace verses, Tuscan Leathers, Dreams Money Can Buy's, no Matter how many Free Spirits, people still can't acknowledge how great of a flat out rapper he is.

It's like, whenever a discussion about Drake's place in Hip-Hop comes up, all that goes out the window, and the only thing they see is Marvin's Room, Shut it Down, Fancy, and Come Thru and Hold On We're Going Home. By the numbers, Drake Raps MUCH more than he sings, but people still don't acknowledge that because it doesn't go with their narrative on who they think Drake is.

But like I said, I get it, I understand it, it just isn't right to me. As a huge nelly fan, I think it's flat out unfair to say Nelly raps (Or even sings/uses melody) on Drake's level. Drake = Most underrated rapper out right now/

Who said anything was a response? Sounds like a regular Drake remix verse to me. Dudes are always trying to discredit him as a rapper, despite the amount of verses he's dropped. 

I mean, with the singing and rapping and using melody, I get it I understand the comparison.

But for me, this just proves why I think Drake is the most underrated rapper out. No matter how great of a rapper he is, no matter how many Paris Morton Musics, 9am's, 5am's, Wildfire verses, Say What's Real's, Resistances, no matter how many versace verses, Tuscan Leathers, Dreams Money Can Buy's, no Matter how many Free Spirits, people still can't acknowledge how great of a flat out rapper he is.

It's like, whenever a discussion about Drake's place in Hip-Hop comes up, all that goes out the window, and the only thing they see is Marvin's Room, Shut it Down, Fancy, and Come Thru and Hold On We're Going Home. By the numbers, Drake Raps MUCH more than he sings, but people still don't acknowledge that because it doesn't go with their narrative on who they think Drake is.

But like I said, I get it, I understand it, it just isn't right to me. As a huge nelly fan, I think it's flat out unfair to say Nelly raps (Or even sings/uses melody) on Drake's level. Drake = Most underrated rapper out right now/

SpikeClapping.gif

Agreed, but maybe underrated wasn't the best word choice. Son is still talking about not remembering Nelly's run like people haven't already said that they're fans :lol:

Last edited:
Two subliminal bars possibly aimed at him is a response? Then I guess Jay-z has hundreds of diss tracks if that's the metric 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yea drake is far from underated also he gets respect from everyone and him and kendrick been pretty much back and forth as the best ones

He gets respect for his status in music, and his ability to make great hooks and hot records, not for his pure rapping ability. In that regard, he is very much underrated.

Plenty of people talk about how good of a rapper is. Yall just let his haters get to yall too much. Dude is far from underrated. Some yall got Drake in your top 5 rappers ever, some people don't like him at all. If anything it evens out.

Where exactly should he be ranked in you boys opinion just on pure rapping? cuz I can think of a bunch of better rappers

I don't think he's underrated at this point, but you have to realize there are some people who just hate whoever is on top at the moment. There was a discussion in my barbershop last time I was getting a cut and we realized that its usually the same people who hate Mayweather, Lebron, Drake and whoever else dominates their respected craft 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't think he's underrated at this point, but you have to realize there are some people who just hate whoever is on top at the moment. There was a discussion in my barbershop last time I was getting a cut and we realized that its usually the same people who hate Mayweather, Lebron, Drake and whoever else dominates their respected craft :lol:

weebay-o.gif

Two subliminal bars possibly aimed at him is a response? Then I guess Jay-z has hundreds of diss tracks if that's the metric :lol:  

fam if those bars were hot ppl would be going nuts saying drake killed k dot etc... but it not so ppl say "that wasnt even a diss tho" foh

he tried n failed
better get up & try again

If this is the best **** ****** got... I feel sorry 4 em...lmao #TDE
— dangeroo kipawaa TDE (@dangerookipawaa) December 17, 2013
the kid made rap fun again...everybody shud thank him...#TDE
— dangeroo kipawaa TDE (@dangerookipawaa) December 17, 2013
TDE President Terrence "Punch" Henderson even chimed in with a chuckle:
Hahahahah. That's it? Really?
— Punch (@iamstillpunch) December 17, 2013

http://www.vibe.com/article/tdes-ce...rce=em&utm_medium=dailynl&utm_campaign=121813

"And if a ***** say my name, he the hot ****
But if I say that ***** name he still the hot ****
****** up, lucky I don’t feed into the gossip
****** act like they don’t know but they should know
Yeah, I just think it’s funny how they danglin’ the bait
But I’m the one whose killin’ ****** on the hooks though"

yes a bunch rank him if you disagree

just on bars and in no order

Bronson

BadAss

Cole

Krit