🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

NWTS his best album? How can one think this...I will never understand. he was spitting back then...the flow he had back then :x idk what my mans is doing now...he's just coasting now. I just feel like he was super different back then and now he just making the same kinda slow flow rap like everybody else..idk how to explain it...but you can listen to songs like get over it and going in for life, the presentation (etc, that's just what I was jamming last night) and tell he ain't rapping like he's capable of

2009-10 Drizzy ain't ever coming back. He was rapping like everyone else back then and sounded more like Lupe fiasco to me. The man has truly carved out his own lane at this point. NWTS was about Drake not worrying about what he want's to become and really figuring who he is as an artist/person. I just don't understand how someone can listen 'Tuscan Leather' or Too Much (best song he ever wrote) and claim he hasn't gotten better at his craft. NWTS had his best verses ever.

Last edited:
How is too much any different from look what you've done?

I'm taking take care over NWTS 10 times outta 10 any day...take care is classic IMO. All the beats were fire...only song I didn't like on there was over my dead body. He was still spitting on take care, not even at the level of 09-10 drake but still spitting none the less.. The ride :x

How is too much any different from look what you've done?

I'm taking take care over NWTS 10 times outta 10 any day...take care is classic IMO. All the beats were fire...only song I didn't like on there was over my dead body. He was still spitting on take care, not even at the level of 09-10 drake but still spitting none the less.. The ride :x

We can come to agreement that the man was always rapping his *** off but Take Care had way to many misses. Shot for Me is such a sappy song and HYFR, Make me proud (worst single he dropped) are just terrible. I'm glad NWTS didn't have those type of records cause everything seemed real on that album. I do agree with your take on Look what you've done. That was when he started really turning that corner but Take Care has been surpassed by NWTS. He's not such a try hard anymore.

Wait until Drake drops that full hip hop album
smokin.gif

HYFR terrible?? Shot for me terrible?

But yall bumping 305 to my city? :rofl:

Even make me proud WASNT trash...beat was nice nicki was tolerable. I don't see how you can say that's a downfall of take care when there's songs like own it on nwts... And for the record I don't mind any of the songs mentioned..except for 305...it grew on me a lil but it's still pretty bad

Wait until Drake drops that full hip hop album:smokin

Drake would never do a full rap album he said it himself. He's built up his rep so much that he could drop a pop/R&B record and still come through with an entire album of great rap records. His appeal from women comes mostly from doing those type of songs. Women helped make Drake the most popular hip hop artist after Em. If he dropped a full rap record that would be abandoning what helped make him so huge in the first place. That's what separates himself from the rest of the rap game.

Last edited:
See man this is why I dont compare these two albums. Yall dudes out here calling songs like Shot for me and 305 To My City trash just to fuel arguments when both of those songs were 
smokin.gif

Throw away records from TC>Throw away records from NWTS

Here's the thing.. NWTS has no throwaway records.

HYFR terrible?? Shot for me terrible?

But yall bumping 305 to my city? :rofl:

Even make me proud WASNT trash...beat was nice nicki was tolerable. I don't see how you can say that's a downfall of take care when there's songs like own it on nwts... And for the record I don't mind any of the songs mentioned..except for 305...it grew on me a lil but it's still pretty bad

305 to my City is still better than those songs yes I said it and meant it. Are we gonna call Own It and Connect throwaways too? Cause if so then I know I'm being trolled.

Last edited:
That mixtape is not coming out. Y'all forgot about the Drake x Rozay mixtape that was supposed to drop?! :lol:

Dudes in here really think "Shot for me" was trash? That just might be Drake's best song ever.

I don't know who he was smashing when he made that song but those yambs must've been something legendary.

Last edited:
Here's why it FEELS like NWTS has no throwaway records. Because the **** was only like 13 tracks. and like dude said up there TC throwaways >>>> NWTS throwaways. Cameras, underground kingz, lord knows...come on man take care had fire tracks...NWTS is lukewarm with a few boiling points here and there

Theres no way you can't see the difference in his spitting 4 5 years ago and now...he knows everything he touches is gonna play on the radio and still be gold...he's not spitting.

Take Care is a dope album when you're depressed or just got dumped. 
laugh.gif
....trust me I been there. lol

There's good songs on there, but it really is mostly a depressing album. Drake today is the best version of him I've heard. I felt like NWTS was the most balanced Drake project in terms of rapping/singing we've ever gotten. It's hard to beat Thank Me Later though. The beats were a lot harder than NWTS and you had a great Jay feature. NWTS is more polished to me though so I don't know. I guess it's whatever is more your taste. Drake is killing ish now though. His Only and Truffle Butter verses were crazy. Drake can't really miss at this point.

I pick NWTS over TC, only because Drake dropped the ball by putting 'Over My Dead Body', 'Make Me Proud' and NOT putting 'Club Paradise'

'Dreams Money Could Buy' should've replaced OMDB and 'Free Spirit' replace MMP

IMO

The same could be said about 'Trophies' and '5AM In Toronto' not being on NWTS

On another note it's prolly cuz he bouncing ideas off those bums in OVO...he used to kick it little brother and them and inspired by wayne so I guess that's why his **** used to be so dope back in them days :smh:

Last edited:
So far Gone was his best material out IMO.  Everyone always thinking a sequel to dope project would be dope, but I seem to always disagree. 

Back
Top Bottom