🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Aren't mixtapes supposed to be free?

Depends. A lot of times now, artist will put it up for free as well as on iTunes. Sometimes, artist just release it as an iTunes exclusive which is easier since you don't have to handle distribution and everything that comes with that.

Regardless, it seems that they were (or are) trying to sell it in some fashion, so they had to clear the samples in order to do that.

Just like they repackaged So Far Gone for retail

Depends. A lot of times now, artist will put it up for free as well as on iTunes. Sometimes, artist just release it as an iTunes exclusive which is easier since you don't have to handle distribution and everything that comes with that.

Regardless, it seems that they were (or are) trying to sell it in some fashion, so they had to clear the samples in order to do that.

Truth. Nip just did that with Mailbox money. 10000K for a physical copy, 10 for iTunes, free on Dat Piff.

Dude on KTT who's dropped gems and info for years now explaining a little why the tape was delayed. Knew it was supposed to come a week or so ago.

samples cleared.

all I can say for sure is that it was delayed because contemplating iTunes release, so samples had to get sorted. Thats why you'll see, Wondagurl tweeted asking about sample help a few days ago as well. Samples seem to have gone through, but idk how accurate Elliot is with saying today, if I do find out i'll let you know.

I dont know if they're taking the iTunes route, but I know that certain obstacles that had to be sorted earlier have been dealt with.

Those sample clearances are no joke.. glad to see it was only held up for something srs.

Damn might have to cop the iTunes version just to support
As long as it ain't a tape featuring a bunch of obrian verses or whatever dude name is

If he puts it out for free and releases on iTunes or whatever then I'm cool with that, but not if he goes the PND route and calls it a mixtape even though you have to buy it.

Drake is forcing that toronto-patois slang. Foreal I hope you guys don't thknk everyones forcing it that hard out here. Maybe in scarbs only

The hype is real for this tape 
nerd.gif

Jungle is dope though.

And ya not all toronto speaks like that, certain parts maybe.

Back
Top Bottom