🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Its kinda a what's there to see here moment at this point. Homie is all over the album credits, we got the reference track. This isn't just someone casual connection like Drake camp is tryna make it seem. Being objective Drizzy probably does write his own **** but the evidence is here, he gets assistance and clearly a lot of it. The "everybody gets help" argument is null & void here when homie is laying down tracks for you to copycat. Not a huge fan of Drakes music but I'm not tryna hear no more of that drake ft. drake **** Def an asterisk in the books now

Heat of the Moment has been getting a lot of spins lately 
nthat.gif

How does that letter in any way negate the audio? If everything was all done, what was the point of Q recording a track?

If "your destined for greatness" why not give him a feature, hook or some type of recognition?

I mean who reaches out to a stranger over the Internet just to be homies and chill in the studio?

It ain't addin up to me

I don't get how having a writer help = Drake not writing any of his own music for the past 8 years :lol:

Especially if QM is just linked IYRTITL... What an even bigger troll by Drake then if you consider that album was to essentially fufill the last album of his CM contract, and he didnt even write it?? :lol: genius

This is the definition of the bigger you are, that people cant wait to bring you back down to their level, **** is disgusting, the hate is thick :smh:

Drake makes great music, y'all getting lost in the sauce

"how is he a ghostwriter if hes credited" argument is comedy

thats like arguing that someone isnt considered an employee if they're getting paid under the table instead of a taxable income

Say the reference track is real, would you call that Quentin writing with Drake?
Yes because he didn't write the entire song. The entire second verse is written by Drake, and drake slightly changed the 1st verse and the hook.

That's literally the definition of a collaborative effort.

Anybody can write verses tho. What makes songs successful nowadays is the production, hooks and melodies all of which he didn't do. I could've took real sisters from future and added a different 2nd verse and put a few extra words in the hook and it would still be a banger. But its cool #drakehive I'm out, hope he comes back with a WRITTEN for meek or something soon no way he can let this slide.

Anybody can write verses tho. What makes songs successful nowadays is the production, hooks and melodies all of which he didn't do. I could've took real sisters from future and added a different 2nd verse and put a few extra words in the hook and it would still be a banger. But its cool #drakehive I'm out, hope he comes back with a WRITTEN for meek or something soon no way he can let this slide.
You're just being a drake hater. 

And please don't start with the Drake hive bs. It isn't about that. It's really about you not understanding the purpose of a reference record. Not to mention you're moving goal post.

Again, the degree that an artist uses a reference record varies. Sometimes it's just a hook, sometimes it's just a line, sometimes it's an entire verse, it all varies. You're taking one reference in which he used a verse and a hook to say Drake doesn't write his own music. That's just silly, and it's clearly wrong.

You're just being a drake hater. 

And please don't start with the Drake hive bs. It isn't about that. It's really about you not understanding the purpose of a reference record. Not to mention you're moving goal post.

Again, the degree that an artist uses a reference record varies. Sometimes it's just a hook, sometimes it's just a line, sometimes it's an entire verse, it all varies. You're taking one reference in which he used a verse and a hook to say Drake doesn't write his own music. That's just silly, and it's clearly wrong.
you just being a stan

Don't waste your time King, just let them get these posts off :lol:

Son called Drake a culture vulture in the Meek thread, like this ___'s entire transformation over the last decade from an awkward teen to the biggest rap artist under the age of 30 isn't entirely visible online.

Drake clearly makes my man's eyes turn too red to even hear reason.

Last edited:

you just being a stan
I don't even stan Drake though. This isn't even a matter of being a stan, it has everything to do with how music is made.

A ghostwriter and a collaborator are not the same things. You can write your own music, and collaborate with others on the piece in the process.

To say Drake doesn't write his own music would be the equivalent of saying virtually every rapper in music doesn't write their own music. 

I don't even stan Drake though. This isn't even a matter of being a stan, it has everything to do with how music is made.

A ghostwriter and a collaborator are not the same things. You can write your own music, and collaborate with others on the piece in the process.

To say Drake doesn't write his own music would be the equivalent of saying virtually every rapper in music doesn't write their own music. 
I agree with that.  Rap is a weird culture.  I mean I get it, but take country for example...folks gladly tell you who wrote their song.  It's just a different musical culture I suppose

:lol: at all the people talking about credits and songwriting when you have no idea what it even entails.

And then caping hard AF after that fact

Back
Top Bottom