🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

N's really saying Trey Songz can't sing tho??

he cant 1st time i heard him was in concert with neyo and son was terrible then i heard it on the radio and it was good

son is all studio he cant sing for !+*%
you need to say sorry right now. that dude is the best,  pure talent 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

laugh.gif

BTW, Drake shows love to everyone. Its just how he connects with different crowds. I wouldn't take the shout-out too seriously.
I got you on this....but how many times a big name like Drake gives a shout out to a local dude.

I understand he might do it for the acceptance, but as someone mentioned, he might shout out Phonte or DJ Screw...but those names are known by MUCH more people than Mac Dre.

Plus Dre is like a local legend around here...so its nice to hear a big name mention him.
grin.gif

That is another thing i dislike about the dude....ever since he started staying in Houston, he been riding all the Texas legends N*TS (DJ Screw, Pimp C, Big Moe, etc). Bit the hell out of pimp c's "work somethin, twerk somethin basis", and the first time i heard drake do his little verse on S.U.C's classic June 27 and renaming it November 18th just made me sick to my stomache
sick.gif

He should just stick to pleasing all the radio/mainstream fans instead of trying to get the hood/street image

sick.gif

I just heard paris morton music...what the...how can you say that aint hard? NOBODY seeing him when he rappin like that

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

laugh.gif

BTW, Drake shows love to everyone. Its just how he connects with different crowds. I wouldn't take the shout-out too seriously.
I got you on this....but how many times a big name like Drake gives a shout out to a local dude.

I understand he might do it for the acceptance, but as someone mentioned, he might shout out Phonte or DJ Screw...but those names are known by MUCH more people than Mac Dre.

Plus Dre is like a local legend around here...so its nice to hear a big name mention him.
grin.gif

That is another thing i dislike about the dude....ever since he started staying in Houston, he been riding all the Texas legends N*TS (DJ Screw, Pimp C, Big Moe, etc). Bit the hell out of pimp c's "work somethin, twerk somethin basis", and the first time i heard drake do his little verse on S.U.C's classic June 27 and renaming it November 18th just made me sick to my stomache
sick.gif

He should just stick to pleasing all the radio/mainstream fans instead of trying to get the hood/street image

calm down.. he's paying homage. thats it.
if he got caught up like lupe and didnt know anything yall still gonna say something..
c'mon son

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

if he got caught up like lupe and didnt know anything yall still gonna say something..
c'mon son

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

i really doubt it.....as dudes before me said, hes just trying to gain acceptance. It reminds me of the typical high school kid whos always talking about gangs so people can think hes gangster 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

i really doubt it.....as dudes before me said, hes just trying to gain acceptance. It reminds me of the typical high school kid whos always talking about gangs so people can think hes gangster 
indifferent.gif
what happen to lupe?

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

Basically. He's speaking/representing for those who put him in the position he's in today. Those who've influenced him, (Rap-A-Lot having your back means a lot in todays music industry).

laugh.gif

grin.gif

sick.gif

c'mon son

indifferent.gif
if he's trying hard go watch his concert in houston.. my dude knew the lyrics to z-ro's mo city don
we're from Toronto, the only way you even know about Z-Ro is if you're a fan of rap music and you're on the internet checking for him.

Lupe didnt know the lyrics to ATCQ and that +*!% almost everybody grew up with if you're 25 and older...
 he said he grew up on gangster rap.. midwest, and cali rap.

D-Riding Texas?? You do know JPrinces son connected the dots for Drake to click up with Wayne right???

People just say anything...

Beiber won?

smh.gif

Drake had more songs on the radio than maybe Wayne did last year.

But Beiber sold out a world tour. While Drake is doing his thing he is not touching JB right now.

Originally Posted by arff23

You guys realize Drake wasn't even nominated right?..
Therefore he couldn't win 
laugh.gif

Oh word? I didn't watch, I just peeped the performances.
laugh.gif

Either way, I know beiber is doing his thing but damn

Originally Posted by arff23

You guys realize Drake wasn't even nominated right?..
Therefore he couldn't win 
laugh.gif

Oh word? I didn't watch, I just peeped the performances.
laugh.gif

Either way, I know beiber is doing his thing but damn

Lady Gaga won the Best New Artist award last year over Drake (I believe) & Beiber definitely would've still won over Drake this year. 

:edit: Celebration is
pimp.gif

They must've given Drake that nomination back when Best I Ever Had was at its peak. They gave him that nom too fast just like most award shows. He was getting Best New Artist nominations before a album was even finished.

Back
Top Bottom