🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

And now Drama burned his Drake bridge. Meek cost so many people money with this nonsense. And he still lost.

Dead @ lil Jon [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
196157.gif

I just don't understand, Drake's been killing it since ''09 and all of a sudden he's collaborated ideas for 5 songs on an album and he all of a sudden doesn't write his own raps.... What?  Get real, listen to those reference tracks... for all we know drake laid down the first renditions and then Quentin went over them with is own idea, and together they picked apart what works. Again, none of the reference tracks were word for word nor even entire verses.. thats why they are only released in such short intervals, because thats all they were. 

Drake can pen, period, but great artists know when to branch out too, i don't understand this black and white mentality where you have to a) write all your own lyrics all the time and b) you write none of your own lyrics and rely on a ghostwriter... 

is it not so hard to blur lines and maybe go with Grey, write your own lyrics as well as collaborate?? Drake already switched it up by rapping and singing on records so it doesn't suprise me he is breaking barriers elsewhere too. 

I've never understood the concept of a rapper having to be "hard" or "hood". I appreciate Drake for rapping about what he knows. A lot of the same dudes that claim Drake makes soft music and mushy songs are the same dudes on Instagram sliding in girl's DMs saying some of the sweetest ish you'll ever hear.

I said Lil Jon becausw he had a run and was killing it for a while. He brought that Crunk music mainstream.

Is drake not a pop star? Son quoted that like it wasn't the truth. He has every machine possible behind him because all these companies look at him as marketable. U have no choice but to see his name and hear his music. Nike, apple, sprite etc. They all jumped behind their guy.

Those Sprite can commercials pissed me off so much. Rakim, Biggie, Nas, Hov....Drake

One of these does not belong.

Exactly, Drakes been in Sprite commercials since like 2010. Dude IS a manufactured pop star.

Serious question, what would people say if Kendrick had a ghost writer? It sure as hell wouldn't slide the way Drake stans are letting it slide.

Is drake not a pop star? Son quoted that like it wasn't the truth. He has every machine possible behind him because all these companies look at him as marketable. U have no choice but to see his name and hear his music. Nike, apple, sprite etc. They all jumped behind their guy.
Manufactured pop star =\= pop star.  Can you stop being a hater for once?  I asked you before and you never answered me, do your parents condone your b*a*ness?

Manufactured pop star =\= pop star.  Can you stop being a hater for once?  I asked you before and you never answered me, do your parents condone your b*a*ness?

From Day 1 Drake has been pushed on the masses from the machine that is. He was on EVERY single hit song, from Wayne tracks to DJ Khaled, you couldn't turn on the radio or mtv without hearing/seeing Drake.

Drake was pushed onto the masses the way Taylor Swift is pushed onto the masses.

Drake is the Taylor Swift of Rap.

It's not hating if it's true.

Last edited:
From Day 1 Drake has been pushed on the masses from the machine that is. He was on EVERY single hit song, from Wayne tracks to DJ Khaled, you couldn't turn on the radio or mtv without hearing/seeing Drake.

Drake was pushed onto the masses the way Taylor Swift is pushed onto the masses.

he was the most marketable rapper under the hottest rapper at the time

and he was versatile, idk how thats manufactured, he wasnt forced on us

Trap music is a derivative of Crunk music. So everybody is technically mimicking lil jon right now.

I wouldn't say that, Trap music was around before Lil Jon sound even became popular.

Not to mention trap music sounds totally different from his sound, it actually uses chords instead of just notes and is at a completely different bpm.

Lil Jon is more responsible for DJ Mustard sound and that whole wave which is a direct descendant from him.

Exactly, Drakes been in Sprite commercials since like 2010. Dude IS a manufactured pop star.

Serious question, what would people say if Kendrick had a ghost writer? It sure as hell wouldn't slide the way Drake stans are letting it slide.
definitely would not slide...but dont act like these two dudes are rapping the same raps. 

Drake wins it all with that Hitman co-sign. 

like Charlamagne said, " meek don let veryone down, he let rocky down, he let fresh prince down...he damn near left a new crack in the liberty bell now" 

Last edited:
he was the most marketable rapper under the hottest rapper at the time

and he was versatile, idk how thats manufactured, he wasnt forced on us

"under the hottest rapper at the time"

Exactly, they coulda pushed anyone on the masses rapping under Lil Wayne. He WAS the hottest rapper at the time. Same reason Nicki is big today, Lil Wayne pushed her and marketed her.

And so your going to say since Kendrick and Drake are different types of rappers that it's okay for a Drake to have a ghost writer but wouldn't be for Kendrick?!? Lol hip hop double standards.

Last edited:

Room For Improvement came out around 2006 and Comeback Season came out around 2007.  What hit songs was he on back then?

"under the hottest rapper at the time"

Exactly, they coulda pushed anyone on the masses rapping under Lil Wayne. He WAS the hottest rapper at the time. Same reason Nicki is big today, Lil Wayne pushed her and marketed her.
they pushed tyga first and what happened?

Back
Top Bottom