🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Of course future can't rap like cole or drake but those 2 can't rap like Kendrick either honestly

TPAB is like getting your Masters degree. Not everyone is gonna get it. Its not that accessible, but its prestigious and valuable for those that do get it.
Man, understanding TPAB is analogous to getting a Masters degree now?
roll.gif

Nah gkmc is light years beyond take care but then again I don't like that kind of music. I just know gkmc got everyone's attention and the word classic gets thrown around lot with that album
That's my problem with Kendrick stans (not saying you are one), but it seems like EVERYTHING he does has the word "classic" attached to it.  I'm a fan of GKMC, it's definitely a 10/10 album and I'm sure will be considered a class in 10 years, but how can you call it a classic now when it's only been out for 3 years?  Whatever happened to longevity?

It's a long but well written read about essentially how the drake character is a fake / culture vulture and a talented nerd who played up the whole sensitivity thing and wasn't really him all along.

That he's this misogynist who is kniving and represents the extreme version of the "beta" male's triumph of this decade
My first thought after skimming the article was...

She got a Take Care tattoo
laugh.gif
I stopped reading at that. Broad seems like a rejected groupie that tried to throw it at Aubrey after a concert.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Man, understanding TPAB is analogous to getting a Masters degree now? :rofl:

That's my problem with Kendrick stans (not saying you are one), but it seems like EVERYTHING he does has the word "classic" attached to it.  I'm a fan of GKMC, it's definitely a 10/10 album and I'm sure will be considered a class in 10 years, but how can you call it a classic now when it's only been out for 3 years?  Whatever happened to longevity?

Same way dudes are calling take Care timeless and is been out for 4 years. If the music is great it great, time will only enhance its effect.

future is a trend, quan and thug left the lane wide open for him 

:stoneface:

I don't really understand that post :lol: how is the lane left wide open for the guy that came before them?

if you dont think take care is a classic just say you hate drake

thats his best album to date

It's his best album to date, but that doesn't automatically make it timeless. Hell, I think I've enjoyed his most recent album over Take Care. 4 years later and the only songs I regularly bumo are Buried Alive and Headlines.

I don't really understand that post
laugh.gif
how is the lane left wide open for the guy that came before them?

future was singing on honest while quan and thug was taking over the summer, once they broke up and took a hiatus thats when future went on his run

Take Care is loved more, I enjoyed NWTS wayyy more though, Drake dropped the ball a little bit on Take Care by not having certain songs

Only hardcore Drake fans consider it to be a classic tbh. I think it's cool, but definitely not a classic. imo.

First 6 songs. All great for me

Kendrick Interlude = Cool

Underground Kings = Meh

We'll Be Fine = Trash

Make Me Proud = Meh

Lord Knows = Good song

Cameras = Great

Doing it Wrong = Good

The Real Her = Trash

HYFR = Trash

Practice = Ok

The Ride = Great.

Overall it's a great album, and is his best, but this **** is far from classic. Classics are albums that impact the game. This has no impact on rap as a whole. Doesn't stop it from being a great album tho.

First 6 songs. All great for me
Kendrick Interlude = Cool
Underground Kings = Meh
We'll Be Fine = Trash
Make Me Proud = Meh
Lord Knows = Good song
Cameras = Great
Doing it Wrong = Good
The Real Her = Trash
HYFR = Trash
Practice = Ok
The Ride = Great.

Overall it's a great album, and is his best, but this **** is far from classic. Classics are albums that impact the game. This has no impact on rap as a whole. Doesn't stop it from being a great album tho.

Underground kings meh? [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] I'm outta here b

There is no bad songs on this joint. You can say make me proud if you not ******* w/ nicki Minaj I guess.

Only track I skip is over my dead body.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom