🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

that futursitic era was shorter than gary coleman, it did not last that long

yung la had a melodic flow, he wasnt singing and roscoe dash isnt a trap rapper

honest was basically a r&b album

So future made honest bc of Drake. Let's forget that future been on melodies his whole career.

Stop it. The whole sing song wave is bc of LA. **** outta here talking bout Drake got trap rappers singing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- Dark Sky Paradise was the best album released this year though. And Sean the best Rapper out. *Shurgs*

What he doesn't understand is most of these trap rappers come from atl. At the time when they were getting on the scene, Rich Kids, Young La, J Money, Roscoe Dash, Travis Porter etc was all they played in the city. Rappers like future, thug, Quan etc emulated that sound and ran with it. That's where these trap rappers got their sing-songy rap from.

They not singing in their raps because of no damn Drake lol.

So future made honest bc of Drake. Let's forget that future been on melodies his whole career.

Stop it. The whole sing song wave is bc of LA. **** outta here talking bout Drake got trap rappers singing
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
name a song LA singing like skooly roscoe dash, future or fetty wap

its a difference between melodies and singing

quavo is the closest thing to yung LA with the melodies

you telling me LA was making music like this, these dudes hitting high notes making r&b rap

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, would you say GKMC was a classic or TPAB?

I'll call them modern classics. I feel as if adding modern before it distinguishes them from albums that really impacted the game. That's just how I feel about it tho.

Pretty much how I feel. Just like i feel some albums are classified as "southern classics" (TM 101, Cashville) and not 100% classics.

I think it's a pretty terrible comparison, as one dude has actual hits/singles and has retail albums available, while the other is a punchline, a meme, and was forced to give his official album out for free after doing Kreayshawn numbers. Can't really be a "trend" when you're 3 albums in which all have hits. Fetty Wap and RHQ are trends, and I think neither one with every release an actual album. Those types of artists are singles/ringtone artists and nothing more. Birdman is doing his best to make Young Thug not be that, but he is as well.
fetty and quan dont got the machine backing them like future does

The machine backing Future....is Future. Let me know when RHQ and Fetty Wap can have a run of mixtapes as close as Beast Mode/56 Nights/Monster, then drop an official album that's on par with those. Also, Future doesn't have any charting singles as high has Young Thug, Fetty Wap, nor RHQ, so it's pretty clear they DO have a machine behind them. But neither artist has a complete set of work like Future. People can see through that.

how are you on top for 6 years with no classic

thats like mj and lebron being the best for 6 years straight with no mvp under their belt

Well, some of the best NBA player don't have rings. So....

nelly had a 3-4 year run on top, terrible comparison

people need to stop comparing him to drake

Neither Drake nor Nelly can (or could) be described as dope. Both are pretty good rappers. Both cater to women. Both sing (or have tried to). Both have a street edge to some of their music (various degrees of it). Both have 4 albums loaded with hits. Both have had to go after dudes who came at their neck that figured they were chumps. The only difference between the two is Nelly's run was shorter, and Drake's is still going. there is no perfect comparison for Drake than Nelly.

If you're over 30, I don't know if you're the judge if Drake has had an classic album

This just sounds silly. Just for reference, Drake is 28.

Naw we not going to compare nelly to drake as far as rap skill wise . Somebody show me a nelly track comparable to 5 am?

Neither Drake nor Nelly can (or could) be described as dope. Both are pretty good rappers. Both cater to women. Both sing (or have tried to). Both have a street edge to some of their music (various degrees of it). Both have 4 albums loaded with hits. Both have had to go after dudes who came at their neck that figured they were chumps. The only difference between the two is Nelly's run was shorter, and Drake's is still going. There is no perfect comparison for Drake than Nelly.

And I guess there isn't a song Nelly has that matches up to 5am....if you think 5am is a masterpiece. Also, as far as I know, Nelly has never made a long 1 verse track, so....there's nothing to go from.

and take care isnt a modern classic because its not "real hip hop"?

i swear drake is the reason these rappers singing on their hooks, is that not impacting the game?

Big Moe, Big T, Z-Ro, and Chamillionaire are the reasons Drake does a lot of singing/harmonizing. Rappers have been singing long before Drake was auditioning for Degrassi. Even if Drake did "impact the game" with that, based on the rappers he would've impacted, how good of an impact is that when Young Thug, Fetty Wap, and RHQ are the results?

Ok, that's enough for one day.

Last edited:
yung la was just mad at dudes for stealing his swag and lingo

travis porter and roscoe dash was trying to look like him with the mohawks and white boy clothes

just give drake his credit and most future fans wasnt even thinking about him at this time last year

that should tell you his run is just a trend

Last edited:
yung la was just mad at dudes for stealing his swag and lingo

travis porter and roscoe dash was trying to look like him with the mohawks and white boy clothes

just give drake his credit and most future fans wasnt even thinking about him at this time last year

that should tell you his run is just a trend

Future was making bad music last year. He got humbled, went back into the booth and came with a 3-peat mixtape body of work culminating in an album.

How is Future a trend when he's been consistent with hits for 4-5 years now. As much as I didn't like honest, S-word and Honest were still hits.

Drake is not the reason trap rappers sing. Stop it.

if future been consistent all these years why is the d riding at a all time high all of a sudden, calling everything a classic like kendrick fans

liking futures music now just seems like the cool thing to do, all the sheeps moved on from the rich gang hype and hopped on future, treating him like hes wayne in his prime

Some of yall not thinking hard enough. People are messing with Future heavily now because the 3 tapes he just dropped are arguably his best music. Sinple as that.

Last edited:
if future been consistent all these years why is the d riding at a all time high all of a sudden, calling everything a classic like kendrick fans

liking futures music now just seems like the cool thing to do, all the sheeps moved on from the rich gang hype and hopped on future, treating him like hes wayne in his prime

Because he just put out his best work literally back to back to back. And then followed that up with an album on par with that. I mean your savior Drake is rocking with him.

Yall dudes not thinking hard enough. People are messing with Future heavily now because the 3 tapes he just dropped are arguably his best music. Sinple as that.
 so you telling me a dude thats been out since 2011 drops 3 tapes better than anything hes done before that

stop it, sounds like a trend to me

so you telling me a dude thats been out since 2011 drops 3 tapes better than anything hes done before that

stop it, sounds like a trend to me

Drake was out in 08 and dropped Take Care in 11 and thats arguably his best work. I swear your logic is awful.

Dead on point

Drake was out in 08 and dropped Take Care in 11 and thats arguably his best work. I swear your logic is awful.
you comparing someones second album to a man that dropped 4 projects in less than a year and calling it his best work

how can you even digest that many songs in such a short time frame to make that claim? sheeps gon sheep

Rich gang would still be :pimp: if quan and thugga didn't go their separate ways

Barter 6 one of the best riding music out this year

FIGHT ME :pimp:

Absolutely hated young thug when he first got big but I can't deny dude music....perfect riding music

you comparing someones second album to a man that dropped 4 projects in less than a year and calling it his best work

how can you even digest that many songs in such a short time frame to make that claim? sheeps gon sheep

It doesn't matter when he dropped it. Point is that he made it after other projects he had. You acting like people can't buzz later in their careers. Look at what Lil Wayne did. Dude had plenty of tapes before Dedication 2 and thats what blew him up cuz it's arguably was his best work at that point.

Last edited:
if you need to drop all that music in less than a year just to get hot, that should tell you what type of fans you have 

them same fans made 2chainz a household name then disappeared on him

and i agree, rich gang was putting out heat, if they stuck together with that momentum they had future wouldnt be where hes at

It doesn't matter when he dropped it. Point is that he made it after other projects he had. You acting like people can't buzz later in their careers. Look at what Lil Wayne did. Dude had plenty of tapes before Dedication 2 and thats what blew him up cuz it's arguably was his best work at that point.
this is what made lil wayne blow up, you 2 years late thinking dedication 2 made him

Back
Top Bottom