🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

if the people like it obviously the music is good, and dont blame the machine because fetty doesnt have one backing him

its not all about lyricism in hip hop, its about the music at the end of the day

Are we talking "modern classic" or just "classic?"

Modern

My definition

Classic = Albums that inpact the game in some way.

Modern Classic = A great body of work. Can listen to front to back.

GKMC for me is a modern classic. I give it that title because I just can't put it under the same umbrella as NWA's straight outta Compton which had a bigger impact.

Last edited:
at the end of the day, your opinion on an album is the only thing that matters, not how it's received by others. To call an album a classic it has to be time tested, if you can pop that **** in years after it released and still feel the same way you felt about it when you heard it the first time, then call that MF a personal classic then.

That being said, Take Care isn't a classic for me, but most people i talk music w/ hold that album in such high regards.

Coming up on 3 years since GKMC dropped and i can still play that ***** all the way through, just banged it after listening to Compton, the other day. So it's a personal classic to me.

Isn't Fetty signed to 300? If so, that's Kevin Liles and Lyor Cohens label. Those 2 are a "machine" in the business.

Carter 3 has great ratings across the board. Is it a classic? If you play that album front to back ppl my age group will recite the whole thing.

If we gonna use critics then you gotta use it for every album.

and take care isnt a modern classic because its not "real hip hop"?

i swear drake is the reason these rappers singing on their hooks, is that not impacting the game?

Isn't Fetty signed to 300? If so, that's Kevin Liles and Lyor Cohens label. Those 2 are a "machine" in the business.

Yea he's signed there but honestly that label has been fumbling nonstop with rap artists.

They took forever to get Fetty songs on iTunes and goofed with Migos whole album cycle.

I'm watching how they do this Thug album but honestly thought a label headed by those two with backing from Silicon Valley would make smarter moves.

Who even said the phrase "real hip hop"? Where are you even getting that from?

Nobody can deny that Drake is at the top of the rap game right now. Drake isn't just at the top of America/Canada, he's a worldwide superstar. Jay-z couldn't even sell out the arena last time he came to my country on his MCHG tour and Drake's last arena concert here sold out almost instantly.
Who in rap nowadays is moving units like Drake? Who else is blowing up songs/artists simply by giving them a feature?
I don't even like this new musical direction he has taken since NWTS but his dominance and influence is undeniable.

Last edited:
and take care isnt a modern classic because its not "real hip hop"?

i swear drake is the reason these rappers singing on their hooks, is that not impacting the game?

Dude, you're in your feeling. Ja and 50 was singing on hooks before drake. Hell bone thugs been singing on hooks before all of them.

Carter 3 has great ratings across the board. Is it a classic? If you play that album front to back ppl my age group will recite the whole thing.

If we gonna use critics then you gotta use it for every album.
No it doesn't

Carter III has a rating of 84, and a average user score of 6.9.

Dude, you're in your feeling. Ja and 50 was singing on hooks before drake. Hell bone thugs been singing on hooks before all of them.
drake made it cool, nobody was singing because of ja rule and 50, now you got trap dudes singing and harmonizing because of drake

I'm saying, Andre 3000 as well, I tell you they want to attribute something never being done before to elevate the status of an artist. 

Guest Mix From DJ Esco & Metro Boomin

drake made it cool, nobody was singing because of ja rule and 50, now you got trap dudes singing and harmonizing because of drake
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So it goes from he was the first to do it, to he made it cool, gotcha.

:lol: man yall can go dig up critically acclaimed trash then what's the point

You hip hop heads are to much man :lol:

Yall can argue all you want but drake is on top of the game who's checking for Kendrick features singles yadda yadda only buzz he generates is when an album drops. You can argue all you want that's not true go ahead and lie to yourselves

:lol: man yall can go dig up critically acclaimed trash then what's the point

You hip hop heads are to much man :lol:

Yall can argue all you want but drake is on top of the game who's checking for Kendrick features singles yadda yadda only buzz he generates is when an album drops. You can argue all you want that's not true go ahead and lie to yourselves

Who's arguing that drake isn't on top of the game?

Back
Top Bottom