🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Yes I posted it right there. 84 is not in a classic realm whatsoever and the user score was still 6.9.

Just some albums of note

GKMC-91 User score- 9.0

TBAB-96 User score-9.1

Illmatic-89 User score-9.1

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-94 User score-8.8

Stankonia-95 User score-8.8

Take Care-78 User score-7.7

IYRTITL-78 User score-7.4

NWTS-79 User score-7.3

If the people and the critics are saying something is great then it probably is. 

rappers singing wasnt a trend past generations

drake made it cool, how hard is that to comprehend damn

He's actually agreeing with you...

But, I guess Andre 3k didn't make hey ya? Ja had major hit singing on the hook. 50 had hits singing on the hook. Bone thugs had hits singing whole songs damn near.

Og argument was about take care being classic. Aint nobody denying that he's not on top. Yall just deflecting.
then i said how can you be on top for 6 years with no classic and some dude said drake hasnt been on top for 6 years

Drake isn't the reason rappers are singing. Drake didn't start that ****, he stole it. Right from Kanye and Trey Songz. Trey had those mixtapes in 04-07 where he was rapping and singing. Drake bit his style hard. Told yall, Drake bites everyone's style with every album. His last trash album, biting Future hard. Stealing flows and melodies, just like the rest of the Jews.

And why the hell does a rapper have to have a classic album? It can't just be a good album? If we say it's not a classic, it's hate? I think TC is a good album but a ****** classic? Average *** lyrics, at least four very forgettable tracks. The production is one of the best in the last few years.

Nelly just had two singles that were multiplatinum in 2012 and 2013.

Last edited:
I mean if we're being completely honest Aubrey really hasn't shown any growth relative to his contemporaries in any of his albums, they all really have the same subject matter, flow (except for the Migos flow he stole on IYRTITL) and lyrical content. But I guess you don't have to when the numbers are what they are. I would like to see him progress and try something new, but hits are hits. 

How do you bite someone's style aka trey songs and become 10000x more popular than him god these arguments are ridiculous :lol:

No it can't be a classic because it sold x amount or it had 17-20 tracks on billboard

But it is a classic because a group of people who know more than me said it so

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kanye created Drake's entire lane. There would be no soft rapper singing if Kanye didn't come out with his emotional, wear your heart on your sleeve, albums. Not just 808's, but dating back to College Dropout. 

I mean if we're being completely honest Aubrey really hasn't shown any growth relative to his contemporaries in any of his albums, they all really have the same subject matter, flow (except for the Migos flow he stole on IYRTITL) and lyrical content. But I guess you don't have to when the numbers are what they are. I would like to see him progress and try something new, but hits are hits. 

Nah you bugging. He grew a lot from comeback season to now. And subject matter isnt a judge of growth. Most artists talk about the same ****.

Wait, so no one has ever stolen someone's flow or style and had a much bigger career? Think that one through and try again.

Nah you bugging. He grew a lot from comeback season to now. And subject matter isnt a judge of growth. Most artists talk about the same ****.
I'm not speaking on that I'm talking about since he's been "on" from TML, Take Care, NWTS, to IYRTITL (by far his worst offering). 

I don't agree with the 2nd point either, most great ARTISTS do change up the content of their albums. The popular ones don't feel the need to because the masses are going to buy regardless.  

Wait, so no one has ever stolen someone's flow or style and had a much bigger career? Think that one through and try again.

Then that is your overall point you act like these guys are inventing new styles or rap. Pls tell me how Kendrick invented his style :lol: stop pls just stop :lol:

saying anything just to see what sticks

rap been around 30+ years, nothing is original in this generation

just cause........ take care > nothing was the same > if youre reading this its too late > thank me later 

I'm not speaking on that I'm talking about since he's been "on" from TML, Take Care, NWTS, to IYRTITL (by far his worst offering). 

I don't agree with the 2nd point either, most great ARTISTS do change up the content of their albums. The popular ones don't feel the need to because the masses are going to buy regardless.  

I agree. I said somewhere in this thread when IYRTITL came out, that I feel like I heard him make those songs before. Just sounded the same to me.

Then that is your overall point you act like these guys are inventing new styles or rap. Pls tell me how Kendrick invented his style :lol: stop pls just stop :lol:

You're the only one who keeps bringing up Kendrick. :lol: You have added no substance to this conversation. Just sit out until this pass over.

Last edited:
I agree. I said somewhere in this thread when IYRTITL came out, that I feel like I heard him make those songs before. Just sounded the same to me.
You're the only one who keeps bringing up Kendrick. :lol: You have added no substance to this conversation. Just sit out until this pass over.

Oh so you guys stopped talking about k dot since that's all you guys were saying a few pages back. What's your new point now to disprove drakes influence now?

Kanye created Drake's entire lane. There would be no soft rapper singing if Kanye didn't come out with his emotional, wear your heart on your sleeve, albums. Not just 808's, but dating back to College Dropout. 

Yeah Kanye and Outkast created the rapper can be a artist lane. Before them you had to be hard to be popular.

drake made it cool, nobody was singing because of ja rule and 50, now you got trap dudes singing and harmonizing because of drake

What? Trap dudes been singing before Drake. Roscoe Dash, Young La...the whole futuristic era of 07-09 ushered in that sound. Future combined all that and ran with it.

Trap dudes aren't influenced by no damn Drake. Hell, it's the other way around TBH.

I swear, there seems to be no middle ground with Drake on NT. You either REALLY hate him, or REALLY love him.

I take Drake for what he is. A marketable hit maker that is running rap right now. He has his flaws, and he had his strengths. But some of Yall go way to the extremes with him.

Roscoe is trap lol

LA the reason why it's sing song in trap now. He had the formula way back then.

Nobody singing bc of no damn drake lmao

Y'all done lost your damn minds in here :rofl:

Last edited:
- Dark Sky Paradise was the best album released this year though. And Sean the best Rapper out. *Shurgs*

- But with that being said, Take Care is definitely a classic to me, NWTS has some great moments, and overall people get way too caught up in trying to pinpoint history as it's happening IMO. Take Care isn't even 5 years old right?

- Random but 808's & Heartbreaks might be my favorite Kanye album ever. 

- Initially when I heard the Too Late tape, I didn't hate it but Drake fatigue was starting to seep in with me. The Drake act was getting tired. He was telling the same surface level stories, but lacked the innovative artistry that he came into this game with. Just seemed like he was another rapper making records for the clubs. However, it's grown on me like crazy, especially the first half. (Legend, Energy, 10 Bandz, Madonna, Know Yourself,)

Back
Top Bottom