🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

To me it seems Drake doesn't mix r&b and hip-hop in his songs like he use to and that's what I thought made him great earlier in his career (best I ever had, club paradise, Paris Morton/Aston martin music, Marvins room, I'm on one etc).....it's like most of his songs now are either just rap or just singing.

also when he raps he needs to just rap and stop trying to use these gimmick rap flows he takes from other rapper

This Joe Budden pod.. I can't even. The point got lost in all the ranting and Joe Budden is my guy and I love this pod, but if he says that "his brain works differently" aka I'm smarter than everyone else one more time...

J cole peaked after Friday night lights. Now he 30 still rapping bout student debt.
Cole hasn't peaked, it's more likely that he tried to go the way of becoming a superstar by catering to his label and started to alienate his core fanbase. In realizing that through the lack of sales and notoriety, he went back to the formula that got him to where he is. He still has a lot of room for development as an artist and he's taking steps in that having more creative control of his music.

Drake did the opposite to a degree, whereas he was isolated early and then broadened out and continued to expanding his music to meet more market demographics. From a business standpoint, it's great for his brand but I believe it does sacrifice the quality of his music because of the multi-directional approach.

Last edited:
Eh. I can see big Sean putting out a string of projects that go gold and have a decade plus run of high popularity along with being that guy who's always getting featured on songs about women. If that registers as a bad opinion then so be it.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Anti gonna dope

J cole peaked after Friday night lights. Now he 30 still rapping bout student debt.
CbDVgeKVIAANlub.jpg

This is some type of ish Id expect to see on KTT :smh: since they love Thug & hate Cole on there :x :lol:

Kendrick has Section .80 (I count it, you don't have to), Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City, and To Pimp A Butterfly under his belt. J Cole has Born Sinner. Cole needs to do something on his next album, he's falling behind.

Some of y'all must like Drake like deadass like him or somethin. That's the only logical reason how some of you dudes cape for him

Last edited:
CbDVgeKVIAANlub.jpg

This is some type of ish Id expect to see on KTT :smh: since they love Thug & hate Cole on there :x :lol:

Yea that was an embarrassing post :lol:

Ok I listened to the first 20 minutes of Budden's podcast, and he made some great points, but cot damn he was loud as **** :lol: how close is he to the mic :rofl:

Last edited:

Kendrick has Section .80 (I count it, you don't have to), Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City, and To Pimp A Butterfly under his belt. J Cole has Born Sinner. Cole needs to do something on his next album, he's falling behind.
If you counting section .80

You might as well count Friday Night Lights

Cole's classic is Friday Night Lights.

With streaming, by the end of the decade there will be no difference between albums and mixtapes, so I'm counting that as his classic.

Plus, mixtapes have made legacies, ask Wayne.

J. Cole's classic is definitely FNLs. Would love to see a J. Cole x Drake tape.

I'm not even into Kendrick like that but I'm waiting on that Cole x Kendrick tape, if it ever happens.

J. Cole's classic is definitely FNLs. Would love to see a J. Cole x Drake tape.

I'm not even into Kendrick like that but I'm waiting on that Cole x Kendrick tape, if it ever happens.
In The Morning 
pimp.gif

maaaaaan that tape or project whatever been in the talks since 2012 or 2011 smh they lagging

Back
Top Bottom