🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

thing from the needle drop review that stood out was that he does sound way more reserved/corny on this unlike iyrtitl. Drake should've kept Quentin on the payroll smh.

Last edited:
thing from the needle drop review that stood out was that he does sound way more reserved/corny on this unlike iyrtitl. Drake should've kept Quentin on the payroll smh.

I like the album but this is truth.
idk which is worse the Chaining tatum line or the "Told you I got Zs for these other girls sleepin' on him
Girl I'm sleepy" line.

The David Beckham/Spice girl line was the worse. I was just like "Really bruh?". Him and Kanye need to get back with their old writers.

The David Beckham/Spice girl line was the worse. I was just like "Really bruh?". Him and Kanye need to get back with their old writers.

They don't have to, in that Kanye thread there were a lot of people telling me lyrics don't matter anymore cause it's not the 90's

I thought Views would've been better if he told a story, similar to J. Cole, about his life from childhood till now. He's talked about being half-black in "white" schools growing up, but I don't recall any songs off the top of my head.

Last edited:
What would you have wanted out of him for this album? What didn't you like? 

1. Zero growth lyrical content wise.

2. poor quality control; a ton of B grade bars and derivative trap Drake flows.

3. too many songs that are variations on the same theme.

4. an overall lack of creativity and inventiveness.

Don't get me wrong it's not terrible,
Views would be a good album for like a Big Sean.

but if you are trying to be a legend, if you want to be a canonical rapper, Views SIMPLY. WON'T. CUT IT.

STAGNANT. 6/10.

Last edited:
I thought Views would've been better if he told a story, similar to J. Cole, about his life from childhood till now. He's talked about being half-black in "white" schools growing up, but I don't recall any songs off the top of my head.
J cole peaked after Friday night lights. Now he 30 still rapping bout student debt.
CbDVgeKVIAANlub.jpg

J cole peaked after Friday night lights. Now he 30 still rapping bout student debt.
CbDVgeKVIAANlub.jpg

This pic is a perfect example of how anyone can make the case that any rapper they say is the best, is the best...we know J. Cole's subject matter isnt whats shown in the pic, but people will pick certain songs/lyrics to state their case on either side of the argument. All music is subjective.

Not coming at you just stating something

Last edited by a moderator:
This pic is a perfect example of how anyone can make the case that any rapper they say is the best, is the best...we know J. Cole's subject matter isnt whats shown in the pic, but people will pick certain songs/lyrics to state their case on either side of the argument. All music is subjective.

Not coming at you just stating something
lol nah I feel you. Its just funny to get the Kendrick/Cole fans mad cause apparently you need a certain amount of intelligence to appreciate their music.

Sean is my guy, my second favourite rapper out right now, but I still put Drake above him.

The Sean Don hate will never end smh.

Last edited:
My comments were not a Big Sean.

But even as Big Sean fanm you have to be able to admit that he doesn't have the talent to be an remembered all time great.

No shade just facts, he will have a long career, couple all star appearances but doesn't have hall of fame talent.

Drake does, and he's wasting his talent, he's already the biggest rapper in the game, its time to either take a risk and push his sound in a bold new direction like 808's and Heartbreak or Lemonade or To Pimp a butter fly

or he needs to make a TIGHTLY constructed, impeccable crafted, ALL A+ bars rap block buster project like the Blueprint.

no more relying on the formula you have established because it will go stale.

Last edited:
Big Sean is this generations Fab to me in terms of lanes and career path. I don't see anything wrong with that and having that sort of career.

I disagree with your first option cause those two first albums are those artists worst albums and I can't speak on Beyoncé cause I'm never gonna listen to it.

Blueprint option would be the best option. But in my opinion, but I think he already has two albums that I consider classics. But if I could ever see a Blueprint tier album I would be all for it.

Inb4 808s made Drake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom