🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake's "VIEWS" Was Highest-Selling Album Of 2016
January 5, 2017 | 10:10 AM
by Victoria Hernandez
Drake's "VIEWS" Was Highest-Selling Album Of 2016
Instagram/champagnepapi

Hate it or love it, Drake owned 2016. His VIEWS album was not only certified platinum — four times — it was also the year’s highest-selling LP in the United States, according to Billboard.

Drizzy’s fifth studio album pushed 4.14 million equivalent album units, including streams and single sales. The project sold 1.61 million in strict album sales.

The Toronto superstar had the largest Billboard 200 debut of 2016 with VIEWS selling 1 million units in its first week. The project spent 13 weeks at the top spot and is currently at #8 after 35 weeks on the list.

The publication reports that VIEWS had 3.04 billion streams for the year. The project reportedly reached the 3 billion streams mark on Spotify alone in November and it was the first album ever to reach 1 billion streams on Apple Music in September. 3+1=4 … but ok…

Drake also had the highest-selling single in the United Kingdom with “One Dance” selling 1.95 million units overseas, Billboard shares. The song was also Drizzy’s first single ever to reach the top of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart in the U.S. It was Spotify’s first-ever track to hit 1 billion streams as well.

Drake celebrated New Year’s by reflecting on his monster 2016 and promising another run in 2017, including the release of his More Life project.

Just realized 2016 was the first year in a while drake and Wayne didn't do a song together

Yea must be since like late 00s. Was 'used to' ir truffle butter or something else the last one?

Like Dana White I never trust birdman lol.

hopefully this album ain't One Dance and pop centric and more hip/hop and hard beats, i prefer when he raps

Sounds like it's more of a mixtape/playlist affair, lots of loose tracks. If the 'singles' are any indication (Fake Love, 2B1S, Sneakin'), we're getting rap records

Sounds like it's more of a mixtape/playlist affair, lots of loose tracks. If the 'singles' are any indication (Fake Love, 2B1S, Sneakin'), we're getting rap records
Hopefully it's like "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" style cause that been on rotation for a minute, just recently got out of my rotation...his last album had about 5-6 tracks I could have listened too

Oliver said more life is still being cooked up today on ovo radio

Jordan's (half of Majid Jordan) mix on tonight's episode is :smokin

Last edited:
Jungle is easily one of my fav tracks by Drizzy 
nthat.gif

It's crazy how timeless SFG is man.

Still his 2nd best body of work to me after If you're reading this.

Hopefully Quentin Miller write his next project ...cause if you reading this..was dope

I mean Quentin miller did say the project was basically done when he came into the fold anyway so it's not like he had that big of an influence on how the project turned out

I do agree though, if you're reading this was for sure dope.

I mean Quentin miller did say the project was basically done when he came into the fold anyway so it's not like he had that big of an influence on how the project turned out

I do agree though, if you're reading this was for sure dope.

Im ****** with ya lol...but yea hopefully this next album is a rap one

To be fair, the Hype (Remix) with wayne was actually the OG Hype at first IIRC

Don't know how it ended up not on views

Back
Top Bottom