🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Greatest runs in music?! Sales wise maybe, but actual content and quality, he peaked a while ago.

I better not hear no ****** talking about being blem though.

Last edited:
Hit dead on with his target demo to keep his value up, as the post above mentioned, he peaked already. Though he can keep his status if he's able to continue bringing in new fans.

There's some joints on it though. :smokin

Last edited:
Drake's career mirrors Ye's so much, aside from the fact that he doesn't have as many great albums to hang his hat on. And Ye actually changes up subject matter. But it doesn't matter anymore, everything Aubrey does now is going to sell regardless.

Last edited:
I'm lowkey annoyed that 'Do Not Disturb' isn't named '7AM in Germany' :lol:

Drake's career mirrors Ye's so much, aside from the fact that he doesn't have as many great albums to hang his hat on. But it doesn't matter anymore, everything Aubrey does now is going to sell regardless.
Kanye has a few **** albums too.

I honestly don't think he's peaked at all. It's enjoyable music for what it is, it's still refreshing in a way because of the type of artist he can be, which is versatile 

All of Drakes albums are better than KanYes albums sans MBDTF. MBDTF might only be better than two of them.

*In My Opinion*

Last edited:
Can't really say he has or hasn't until it's all said and done tbh, which is why I said may have... His next album could be something completely different

All of Drakes albums are better than KanYes albums sans MBDTF. MBDTF might only be better than two of them.
giphy.gif

He's quite Repetitive and many of his albums sound the same. Wouldn't hurt him if he experimented a bit
The UK Grime thing and the dancehall **** for the past two albums is experimenting though. This sound wasn't on any of his past albums.

Kanye has a few **** albums too.

Where did I say he didn't? He was at his best during the College Dropout-Late Registration -Graduation-MBDTF run. Everything subsequently has either been subpar to the quality of those albums or downright trash. And he has a varied content.

Drake has been rapping about the same stuff since 09. He's gotten stale and these gimmicks of trying to be Jamaican or now push this UK rap crap isn't saving him. But like y'all always say with Ye and now Drake, album sales are the only thing that matter. It's just sad for me who was a huge fan to see him fall off like this.

I think people over estimate how much artists actually deviate / experiment over the course of their careers.

Drake is who he is. Content wise, this is just like SFG/Take Care/TML/IYRT etc., and most artists are exactly like this. At least to me they are.

This guy is like 7 albums in man, how in the world does anyone expect his content to be any different? Every single album of Drake's is going to be half rap, half singing, about the same **** just done a different way.

Literally every artist is like this. Future just got 2 #1's using the same formula.

Back
Top Bottom