🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Let's be honest, most of the people that don't like the UK grime is just because they don't like anything different. As a guy from the UK I'm not a huge grime guy but Skepta and giggs were good on this album. Give it a chance man, embrace it and you might feel different.

Na it just isn't good.

I listen to music from around the world and the genre spectrum, stop projecting.

Some of my favorite artists are from the ******* UK, obviously aren't rappers though.

Na it just isn't good.

I listen to music from around the world and the genre spectrum, stop projecting.

Some of my favorite artists are from the ******* UK, obviously aren't rappers though.

Word. They easily had the worst verses on the album. Easily.

Im confused at how some of you are really loving his find your loving and controlla knockoff tracks. I'm blown away. Drake WAS SPITTING on so far gone and especially comeback season. Don't compare views to it. Views sounds like it was made with "they need to tweet as many quotes as possible" in mind

Cut all the UK rap from the album and it's lit.

I cut almost all the singsong **** and kept some of the grime. I kept No Long Talk and KMT. I'm at 14 tracks as of last night, might go down to 11-12 by the end of the day. This is really good (to me) with all that extra **** gone.

Adding Two Birds and Sneakin and probably Big Amount once I find a good alternate cover.

Gyalchester bout to dethrone Redbone as my alarm.

Muscle relax.... *sniffsniffsniff*

Giggs was tolerable on No Long Talk, the beat alone makes up for anything lacking on that track 

Cut all the UK rap from the album and it's lit.

I cut almost all the singsong **** and kept some of the grime. I kept No Long Talk and KMT. I'm at 14 tracks as of last night, might go down to 11-12 by the end of the day. This is really good (to me) with all that extra **** gone.

Adding Two Birds and Sneakin and probably Big Amount once I find a good alternate cover.

Gyalchester bout to dethrone Redbone as my alarm.

Muscle relax.... *sniffsniffsniff*
1200x1184.jpeg.8ba6bd515baa4417b98ad1e5b0c5dd90

What I went with. One of the two good things to ever come out of KTT is that thread.

Last edited:
I disagree man. Hotline Bling sounds nothing like the singing on Take Care or Nothing Was The Same. Like, that's a dramatic difference for me. Controlla sounds nothing like Marvin's Room although the content is kind of similar.

I don't care what anyone says, If You're reading this was brand new sounds. Everyone seems to ignore that, beats were crazy, brand new flows, no one was sounding like that.

The music was dark and aggressive. The guy has experimented constantly and doesn't get credit.

I don't care what anyone says, If You're reading this was brand new sounds. Everyone seems to ignore that, beats were crazy, brand new flows, no one was sounding like that.

The music was dark and aggressive. The guy has experimented constantly and doesn't get credit.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Bro Nothing's into something is a CRIME!! A travesty for real :smh: NO reason a song as fire as this should be that short. That joint is that 2am riding music. I wish it was longer man haven't felt that way since break from Toronto :smh:

Lol bro the ***** Brought back a whole Jamaican wave of **** man. Gets 0 credit

Lol bro the ***** Brought back a whole Jamaican wave of **** man. Gets 0 credit

See this **** right here man. He ain't bring back nothing. More like he adopted something like he usually does. Reggae and dancehall has been around forever especially if you live anywhere in proximity to island communities. Y'all really try and give this dude credit for everything.

I actually like Giggs, guess people don't mess with him here :lol:

I think Drake should have done another verse on KMT, song was too short.

For him yeah absolutely I agree with you.

He was on the come up, anticipation was high for DWMTM...he sabotaged his own album/career really
then you don't listen to rap
He had hit singles(Burn and Amen, which I think were both on DC2), other that that, he wasn't a top tier rap artist.

DC4 is solid if we want to count that as an album, but his first two were average at best.  DC1 is still his best work overall.

Nothings Into Somethings for the late night smoke ride with your special one. :smh: :pimp:

40 a god amongst men.

I wouldn't consider 200k in sales "tier one" lol.  

He definitely had a lot of hype leading up to that release with his jail stints and the Nicki relationship.

"Tier 1" as far as I'm concerned has always been:
Jay, Kanye, Cole, Drake, Kendrick, and I guess you can add Future here now.

I wouldn't consider 200k in sales "tier one" lol.  

He definitely had a lot of hype leading up to that release with his jail stints and the Nicki relationship.

Please look up which other Rap albums have sold 200k or more first week in the last 4/5 years.

Back
Top Bottom