🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake "fell off"? :lol:

I don't know what some of y'all were/are listening to or if your opinion is shaped by other factors.

He's been rapping/singing about his personal life/family/ambitions/fears/women since SFG, that's the artist he's always been and will be.

Nothing has changed except his musical acumen is much better now.

He makes WAY better hooks, sings better, better raps and better flows.

Yes he sell more too but it has nothing to do with sales.

Some of you let nostalgia cloud your mind, Drake was never some Lupe level rapper with the bars or was ever even writing about anything different than he is now.

Last edited:
If that's what you call experiment ok.

And it sounds cheap. Like a half assed dancehall to appeal to the masses.
I mean maybe to you, but was Hotline Bling not a new sound? Literally ****** in Drake's on Team was against it, because they "didn't" get it.

In fact, no one in mainstream pop Rap/R&B was doing anything close to dancehall pop before he was.

Drake "fell off"?
laugh.gif

I don't know what some of y'all were/are listening to or if your opinion is shaped by other factors.

He's been rapping/singing about his personal life/family/ambitions/fears/women since SFG, that's the artist he's always been and will be.

Some of you let nostalgia cloud your mind, Drake was need some Lupe level rapper with the bars or was ever even writing about anything different than he is now.
Louder for the people in the back.

I hear the flack for views and if you listen to So Far Gone, the formula is EXACTLY the same except the Hooks and singing are way stronger as well as the rapping. Same thing w/ Take Care, but some how Views is just awful while Take Care is Drake's magnum opus to some.

Drake Fatigue is real.

Some of you let nostalgia cloud your mind, Drake was need some Lupe level rapper with the bars or was ever even writing about anything different than he is now.
I think people over estimate how much artists actually deviate / experiment over the course of their careers.

Drake is who he is. Content wise, this is just like SFG/Take Care/TML/IYRT etc., and most artists are exactly like this. At least to me they are.

This guy is like 7 albums in man, how in the world does anyone expect his content to be any different? Every single album of Drake's is going to be half rap, half singing, about the same **** just done a different way.

Literally every artist is like this. Future just got 2 #1's using the same formula.

All of Drakes albums are better than KanYes albums sans MBDTF. MBDTF might only be better than two of them.
Lmaooo I love it
He has a very over rated catalogue to me. It is what it is. But I liked Views, think Big Sean is nice, and didnt like TPAB so what do I know.

I think people over estimate how much artists actually deviate / experiment over the course of their careers.

Drake is who he is. Content wise, this is just like SFG/Take Care/TML/IYRT etc., and most artists are exactly like this. At least to me they are.

This guy is like 7 albums in man, how in the world does anyone  expect his content to be any different? Every single album of Drake's is going to be half rap, half singing, about the same **** just done a different way.

Literally every artist is like this. Future just got 2 #1's using the same formula.
Drake "fell off"?
laugh.gif

Hold this rep. Facts

Last edited:
Well that's your opinion, I think this stuff sounds worse than his older stuff, but that's up to each individual interpretation. He's gone more pop than rap lately and with never really being THAT dude for bars, when you put out projects like this or Views, it just seems like regression. A lot of people I know feel the same way. Even the emotional tracks don't hit anymore.

I mean maybe to you, but was Hotline Bling not a new sound? Literally ****** in Drake's on Team was against it, because they "didn't" get it.

In fact, no one in mainstream pop Rap/R&B was doing anything close to dancehall pop before he was.

No it wasn't a new sound. When I say experiment I mean like Bowie use to change his sound. Like how Radiohead went from ok computer to kid a and changed the sound of the 00's. Kanye on yeezus. Drake playing with dancehall is like swift doing pop from country, no difference.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, most of the people that don't like the UK grime is just because they don't like anything different. As a guy from the UK I'm not a huge grime guy but Skepta and giggs were good on this album. Give it a chance man, embrace it and you might feel different.

Let's be honest, most of the people that don't like the UK grime is just because they don't like anything different. As a guy from the UK I'm not a huge grime guy but Skepta and giggs were good on this album. Give it a chance man, embrace it and you might feel different.
Pretty much.

Louder for the people in the back.

I hear the flack for views and if you listen to So Far Gone, the formula is EXACTLY the same except the Hooks and singing are way stronger as well as the rapping. Same thing w/ Take Care, but some how Views is just awful while Take Care is Drake's magnum opus to some.

Drake Fatigue is real.

So Far Gone sounds nothing like Views, if it did, he probably wouldn't have made it to Thank Me Later.

Giggs was trash. I have no desire to listen to him ever again. Just as I really can do without Drake trying to transform into a Jamaican.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure I downloaded the right thing off Spotify but got damn this shh is soft as flamingo feathers. That uk dude rapping about perky **** and turkey was cringe. I feel like this was made for teenage white girls. Maybe I need to give it a few more spins or actually play the whole thing thru first, we'll see

No it wasn't a new sound. When I saw experiment I mean like Bowie use to change his sound. Like how Radiohead went from ok computer to kid a and changed the sound of the 00's. Kanye on yeezus. Drake playing with dancehall is like swift doing pop from country, no difference.
I disagree man. Hotline Bling sounds nothing like the singing on Take Care or Nothing Was The Same. Like, that's a dramatic difference for me. Controlla sounds nothing like Marvin's Room although the content is kind of similar.

Some of you let nostalgia cloud your mind, Drake was never some Lupe level rapper with the bars or was ever even writing about anything different than he is now.
You're right. You making too much sense bro

Back
Top Bottom