🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

This. Stuff like this is why I don't go in threads of artists I dont like. There would need to be a really good reason for me to go into that thread.

Example, as long as Kendrick keeps making TPAB type music I won't be paying attention and would only have negative things to say. I'm not gonna run into that thread and try and convince anyone of anything. I hate it and that's just it.

Pre that nonsense Kendrick was dope though.

I've felt like this from Jump with Drake though.

I have no idea why anyone would go into a Drake album NOT expecting 45% singing, 5% dancehall now, and 50% rap about old flings, family issues, money, and rivals.
Everyone is waiting for him to drop that track about the African Diaspora, then and only then will he be real.

"Bu-bu-but he doesnt relate to black/african stuggle he's from canada!"

I actually like Drake more when he doesn't act super deep or extra petty
Because dude didn't grow up like that or was put in a position to act like that in a certain way.

No one is waiting for Drake to talk about black community issues, the haters would probably hate him even more if he were to rap about such

• I hate when Drake talks tough on records.
  • I hate when Drake talks soft on records.
  • I hate Drake on records.
  • I hate Drake
This is still true as when I posted it a year ago. It doesnt matter what dude talks about, someone would complain.

Last edited:
I have no problem with him talking about what he knows, if that was the case I would have stopped checking for his music a while ago. It's just the execution of it on these last few projects has been less than in his previous work. Not everybody can do conscious stuff and I don't expect him to. But at least be elite at what your staple is, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Sean Paul slander? Sheesh. Drake definitely took the dancehall wave immediately after working with Rihanna and that Roy Woods track he was on. Yall saying he grew up in Canada where they speak patois but are ignoring that he never ever ever ever used it. Hence why it sounds cringeworthy when he tries it now. Ms. Call mi now Cleo had a better accent. He moved to Houston and tried to ride their wave. He claimed Memphis when featuring with their artists.

And all that Jamaica loves him mess is funny cuz dudes in Jamaica were HOT that he did popcaan like that on controlla. Yall flat out lying to suit your narrative lol

Sean Paul slander? Sheesh. Drake definitely took the dancehall wave immediately after working with Rihanna and that Roy Woods track he was on. Yall saying he grew up in Canada where they speak patois but are ignoring that he never ever ever ever used it. Hence why it sounds cringeworthy when he tries it now. Ms. Call mi now Cleo had a better accent. He moved to Houston and tried to ride their wave. He claimed Memphis when featuring with their artists.

And all that Jamaica loves him mess is funny cuz dudes in Jamaica were HOT that he did popcaan like that on controlla. Yall flat out lying to suit your narrative lol

Oh lord, not this houston riding wave stuff again :smh: how tf you ride a wave of a city. Smh **** sound so ignorant.

ppl don't even know what he "did" to popcaan. The ***** was supposed to be on the remix but it got leaked. Ppl was just so ready to say he was doing somebody wrong didn't even know the facts. The ***** popcaan himself ain't even mad how U gon be mad for him :lol:

As a Drake fan, I can't give him a pass for the wave bitting. Some of ya'll will defend everything he does, but nah lol

The UK accent on No Long Talk :smh: the fake Jamaican accents....please stop. It's corny. It annoys me even more as half a Jamaican/Guyanese guy.

As a Drake fan, I can't give him a pass for the wave bitting. Some of ya'll will defend everything he does, but nah lol

The UK accent on No Long Talk :smh: the fake Jamaican accents....please stop. It's corny. It annoys me even more as half a Jamaican/Guyanese guy.
You realize that Jamaican culture has influenced much of Canada and the UK and even much of US (Even though people don't give the proper credit). Why would it annoy ? If anything it should make you proud. Some of y'all are silly and sound like awkward cats in real life.

Last edited:
It sounds forced and literally came out of nowhere. It's like me being from the deep South all of a sudden talking with a British accent. And I don't do it all the time only when I'm around people from the UK.

You realize that Jamaican culture has influenced much of Canada and the UK and even much of US (Even though people don't give the proper credit). Why would it annoy ? If anything it should make you proud. Some of y'all are silly and sound like awkward cats in real life.
He said the fake accent sounds terrible to him. That opinion isn't far off. A lot of people don't like it when Drake raps in that fake accent too. I don't either, it sounds forced. Probably the OVO crew told him to do it for the laughs and giggles.

Last edited:
Do we care when Kendrick does that weird voice? Cause I hate that.

Eminem too.

Wayne.

Last edited:
Gyalchester is a banger straight gym music. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

DJ let that go a few times last night at this mansion party in Austin and the response was crazy. All I heard coming out cars last night.

Shout out to who ever that is with them OG Maco inspired adlibs.

Drake gets love from dance hall artists so how could anyone say the man is stealing.

Also ppl saying he rode the dance hall wave last year forget that Popcaan was on IYRT (non credited). Drake, PND and Boi 1da made Work so saying he stole the wave from that song doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Someone help me with this line
Mom never used to cook much
Used to chef kd(?)

Drake gets love from dance hall artists so how could anyone say the man is stealing.

Also ppl saying he rode the dance hall wave last year forget that Popcaan was on IYRT (non credited). Drake, PND and Boi 1da made Work so saying he stole the wave from that song doesn't make sense.

Only mr Vegas was mad :lol:

It sounds forced and literally came out of nowhere. It's like me being from the deep South all of a sudden talking with a British accent. And I don't do it all the time only when I'm around people from the UK.
You realize that much of these slangs are used in their typical verbage and dictation right ? Thats like saying much of the slangs used in rap shouldn't be used cause they came from no where. Dude is Canadian, when initially coming out, you think people were going to give him a chance if he used phrases like "man dem" or "pree" etc. Y'all would come with the typical "we don't understand him" or "we just don't get it" or calling him wack. Dude gets shots thrown at him from being on Degrassi and being Canadian, so for him to come out of the gate swinging wouldn't give him much of a chance against the wolves. Y'all would brush off his music and say it's crap. Dude has solidified himself and has reached a point where he could fully inject himself into his music and not giving any damns about the critics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom