🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

:lol: so because you don't like the FACTS that I just gave now you asking for more evidence when all you can bring up is Sean Paul from 2004? Have a seat. I don't need credibility from any of you ****** on the board. You can research everything I say and there's a link for it. Y'all on the other hand? :lol:

"Sean Paul" :lol: **** outta here

Matter fact, just to make you look even more silly, [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] since views dropped, hands chance even had a chance to "ride the wave"? What project did chance drop since views? What about k dot?

Huh? You do know Sean Paul still putting out albums right.

Coloring Book came out after Views. Chance could have thrown a track on there if he wanted to. K.Dot been on several features since. I'm sure he could have thrown some "tings' and 'my yout' in there to stay with the wave.

Drake has three albums that I deem classics and will play forever. Shrugs.

Also Jamaican and never cared about this whole argument, I hated Sean Paul though son's music was wild annoying. I know more Jamaicans that appreciate Drake more because of it than anything. 

If you don't like Sean Paul's Stage One Album, something is wrong with you. Phacts

As a casual listener this was my immediate reaction to one dance. Rihanna's p was life changing for him
laugh.gif
It probably is. She so bad.

And I guess if I listen to it now I can see the relationship w/ the sound, but still, Dancehall wasn't a sound to "bite" I don't think.

Drake has bitten before, and it was obvious. The Dancehall and Patois **** I don't see. That is Toronto.

I was at the Savoy in Inglewood like 3 months ago and ran into this chick who was from toronto, and she spoke exactly like that lol

And big Sean aint come up with that flow either :lol:. Interview is all types of shenanigans

But after thinking Rihanna I connected the dots on the Jamaica/Toronto culture and I only knew about that because of diplomat t dot :lol:

Bruh wyd at the Savoy :lol:. Most ratchet club in the Western hemisphere

Last edited:
I feel like when you listen to Rap albums that are deemed "Classic"

they sound nothing like Drake.

So from that perspective, Drake will never have a classic rap album because it'll never "sound" hard. It'll never sound like what we as associate classic rap albums to sound like. From a purely content perspective.

No one is ever going to say Drake has a bonafide classic when his albums have One Dance and Marvin's Room on them.

Drake's run, era, and career as a whole is probably classic though. Been running **** since 09 and its 2017 now.

This is what I've been saying man. All the talk about a classic album is lame anyways. Most classics aren't even that enjoyable and sound outdated through time.

Drake has carved his own path in the game. Judging him off criteria that we use for other rappers doesn't make sense.

Also Jamaican and never cared about this whole argument, I hated Sean Paul though son's music was wild annoying. I know more Jamaicans that appreciate Drake more because of it than anything. 
If you don't like Sean Paul's Stage One Album, something is wrong with you. Phacts
We established this a long time ago though.

Now that I have the entire project, I can listen to the singing songs and not just be annoyed that the rap songs aren't coming up, they're all good. Even that Sampha Interlude is.

Whats going on in here :lol:

People discrediting Drake were never gonna regard him a legend to begin with, before the accents or whatever else is being talked about in here

Only thing I can say is right after TML dropped, that same year he was pushing heavy to make his following album a "reggae" album. This Jamaican wave has been in his music since 'find your love'...idk what the discussion in here is really about

:lol: ***** NO and nobody else either except for you apparently

You going to address the other part of the quote? Or why Cole, Future, Migos, Thugger, Ross etc. have somehow all released projects yet missed the wave? I already said earlier that artists have dabbled in the sound before Drake. You got Tory Lanez the chameleon and Travis Scott.

Most people's views on More Life seem directly correlated on their previous feelings on Drake.

If you a big fan of Drake, you'll be a fan of this

If you hate Drake, you will hate this.

Dudes tying themselves in knots to convince folk on the other side of the fence.

Last edited:
I'm fine with people debating whether he's legend or not, I just don't think he's a "rap god" or "rap legend".

He has made good rap and pop music though. He has stayed relevant by riding the current trends or reinventing the wheel in some cases. You could argue more that he's a pop icon than a rap legend imo.

This is fair. But I think because he still raps almost as much as he sings that he'll eventually be looked upon as a rap legend, to the dismay of a lot of people.
He actually raps more than he sings :lol:
I just find his hooks and melodies to be more memorable than some of his raps
Idk it's all opinion
Only thing I thought that's been trash from Drake's catalog is Views, but other than that, it's been mostly good and consistent for the most part.

You can listened to what are deemed Classic hip-hop albums and see that they don't even sound a like. That's not a valid argument.

Most people's views on More Life seem directly correlated on their previous feelings on Drake.

Dude tying himself in knots to convince folk on the other side of the fence.
This. Stuff like this is why I don't go in threads of artists I dont like. There would need to be a really good reason for me to go into that thread.

Example, as long as Kendrick keeps making TPAB type music I won't be paying attention and would only have negative things to say. I'm not gonna run into that thread and try and convince anyone of anything. I hate it and that's just it.

Pre that nonsense Kendrick was dope though.

Last edited:
Chill wit the Sean Paul slander, famb had classics :smokin .....

Don't let the American version of dude throw you all off.
Oh man I did like this though, not even gonna lie. This was probably the best thing he ever did.

Famb, I'm telling you give his first album "Stage One" a listen. He made it before he blew up.

You'll find a couple tracks you might like.

Dude tying himself in knots to convince folk on the other side of the fence.

Not true. I'm still a fan of him which is why I check for the projects cause at the very least he'll have some bangers, but expecting a good project from him this point is too much. It's my same relationship with Ye. I'm just going to put on NWTS now and remember the good times.

We established this a long time ago though.

[rule]Now that I have the entire project, I can listen to the singing songs and not just be annoyed that the rap songs aren't coming up, they're all good. Even that Sampha Interlude is.

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

This. Stuff like this is why I don't go in threads of artists I dont like. There would need to be a really good reason for me to go into that thread.

Example, as long as Kendrick keeps making TPAB type music I won't be paying attention and would only have negative things to say. I'm not gonna run into that thread and try and convince anyone of anything. I hate it and that's just it.

I've felt like this from Jump with Drake though.

I have no idea why anyone would go into a Drake album NOT expecting 45% singing, 5% dancehall now, and 50% rap about old flings, family issues, money, and rivals.

I've felt like this from Jump with Drake though.

I have no idea why anyone would go into a Drake album NOT expecting 45% singing, 5% dancehall now, and 50% rap about old flings, family issues, money, and rivals.
Everyone is waiting for him to drop that track about the African Diaspora, then and only then will he be real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom