🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

This is worse reviewed project to date.

3FC49032-4FCB-45E5-894B-86F212928EB1.jpeg

that’s crazy as hell lmao

1. Deep Pockets - classic Drake material. THIS is the Drake that should always exist

2. When To Say When - it’s cool...felt that it should’ve been more, idk in what way but it was cool for what it was

3. Chicago Freestyle - fire...again classic Drake record, could’ve lived on NWTS

4. Not You Too - I rock with it, could’ve had more Chris on it

5. Toosie Slide - *shrug*

6. Desires - Good record, maybe a throwaway from WATTBA2? This could be a single

7. Time Flies - Peak Drake R&B...sounds like a leftover from Scorpion but it’s def a great record

8. Landed - Cool record, won’t skip it...also wouldn’t go searching for it

9. D4L - SS2 leftover? Drake had the hardest verse on here...this a good one

10. Pain 1993 - Insta-skip

11. Losses - Classic Drake, would love a project full of these type of records, THIS is his pocket

12. From Florida With Love - initially didn’t care for it but it quickly became one of my favorites, it’s different and a good album cut...I hear some sounds from “I’m Upset” in the beat

13. Demons - cool for the NY Drill wave, could’ve done without this one on the project, just let Fivio drop it on his project

14. War - UK Drake is cool...not mad at it

love those kinda reviews

tracks 1- 5 all trash to me, I took them off

6. Desires - toxic relationship and borderline abusive ***** anthem, this joint fire :lol: then the outro leads into...

7. Time Flies - Singy, not too soft, simple and memorable hook and lyrics, easy chantable phrase “I’m outside in a AMG”. Definite high point and I don’t even like this version of Drake.

8. Landed - Flexed up rapper Drake doing his 2 minute drill. Good for what it is.

9. D4L - I appreciate the features and would like these 3 to work together a lot more. A lot of potential. Drake seemed out of place here.

10. Pain 1993 - slowly moving up for me now that I know Carti verse. Sounds like Uzi wrote that part. I like this Drake, he Thanosing. Fully believe he could fall into almost any current lane in rap except the coke raps lane and be comfortable.

11. Losses - cheeks. forgot to delete this.

12. From Florida With Love - need more work on this kinda production. this song is flawless to me and somehow sounds incomplete. Highest point of the tape.

13. Demons - good for what it is. good exposure for these young dudes and I appreciate that part. AYE AYE AYYYYYEEEEE

14. War - got past the accent and learned the lyrics and what some of that **** meant, made me appreciate the song more. he rappin on this joint.

don’t have a definitive number score for the album but tracks 6-14 give me further hope that if son drop a pure rap album it will be a classic.

this man the greatest actor in generations, he legit doing some people’s styles better than they are now. I’m assuming because his formula getting kinda tired and people growing out of “Drake”. I hate a lot but you gotta appreciate what he does. Hopefully he starts to fully adapt and integrate instead of expecting to knock everybody over with his usual style and operating on his own terms.

this post brought to you by a slow Monday at my desk

Yea Toosie would’ve been better if it didn’t have the dance instructions in it. Shoulda just let Shiggy or someone come up with a dance for it post-release

‘From Florida With Love’ might be the one :smokin

I’m back baby, where the love?!

sidenote: we’re overdue for a timestamp track (____ AM/PM in ____)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom