šŸ¦‰The Official Drake Thread6ļøāƒ£ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Old head here. Self proclaimed Drizzy biased but Iā€™m reasonable.

I always knew Dot was a better rapper. In this battle Iā€™m giving Kendrick a 51-49 split but I need to share my real thoughts.

Going into this battle - there was a specific thing I was paying attention to.

To battle Drake, to me out rapping him is not a real wowed win to me. Again, like I said above - I always knew Kendrick was elite and superior. For Kenny to battle Drake, I wanted to see if he could truly kill himā€¦and the way to that would be weaving the diss with actual bopsā€¦.like Like That. Drake isnā€™t screaming heā€™s on the mountain top because the entendres and deep bars. He screams heā€™s the best because he makes hits.

Like that was amazing. But the first thing I realized is Like that wasnā€™t within the restrictions of fast pace ā€œoh what is he gonna do?ā€. It was a record that based on letā€™s say First Person Shooter being the starting point, could have potentially taken months to craft. The beat was fire. The hook was fire. The bars were fire.

If Iā€™m being unbiased about this - yes I walk away saying ā€œyea what I always thought was true is true - Dots just a superior rapper than Drakeā€ā€¦.

ā€¦but I also walk away realizing itā€™s tough for Kendrick - In the fast pace - to craft bops that would have truly killed Drake.

Old head here. Self proclaimed Drizzy biased but Iā€™m reasonable.

I always knew Dot was a better rapper. In this battle Iā€™m giving Kendrick a 51-49 split but I need to share my real thoughts.

Going into this battle - there was a specific thing I was paying attention to.

To battle Drake, to me out rapping him is not a real wowed win to me. Again, like I said above - I always knew Kendrick was elite and superior. For Kenny to battle Drake, I wanted to see if he could truly kill himā€¦and the way to that would be weaving the diss with actual bopsā€¦.like Like That. Drake isnā€™t screaming heā€™s on the mountain top because the entendres and deep bars. He screams heā€™s the best because he makes hits.

Like that was amazing. But the first thing I realized is Like that wasnā€™t within the restrictions of fast pace ā€œoh what is he gonna do?ā€. It was a record that based on letā€™s say First Person Shooter being the starting point, could have potentially taken months to craft. The beat was fire. The hook was fire. The bars were fire.

If Iā€™m being unbiased about this - yes I walk away saying ā€œyea what I always thought was true is true - Dots just a superior rapper than Drakeā€ā€¦.

ā€¦but I also walk away realizing itā€™s tough for Kendrick - In the fast pace - to craft bops that would have truly killed Drake.
Partially agree.

IMO the rules of rap battles/beefs havenā€™t changed.

The goal is to rap better and be more disrespectful. Hence the name diss track.

Now if you make it a bop on top of that, youā€™re getting super bonus points (Back to back, hit em up, piggy bank etc).

So for me, Iā€™m not gonna let high bpms, a catchy hook and a few memorable bars distract me if the other track has someone getting BBQā€™d

Also, both Kendrick have what Iā€™d call a ā€œbopā€ in this beef.

Kendrick: Like that, euphoria

Drake: first person shooter, Pushups, family matters

They also both have the slow paced records.

Kendrick: 6:16, meet the grahams

Drake: Taylor Made

I think Drake is now in a position where the Iā€™m shooting at everybody ā€œbopsā€ are not gonna work. So I forsee us getting a slower track from him in the future.

Hits work, but it gotta be a knock blow.

Yea - Iā€™m saying in this specific battle there was a way for Kendrick to clearly kill Drake.

What he has brought to the table will win, but itā€™s more or less a 60-40 extreme 51-49 unbias.

I as a biased Drake fan was worried because I thought Dot had the potential to do too much damage that Drizzy would be swept and impact him after the battles done in some capacity.

Iā€™m just saying Iā€™m walking away relieved because itā€™s really just going to say Drake battled Kendrick Lamar [the rapper no one wants to battle] on his resumeā€¦which is a win in itself. Quietly I see a lot of fans on both sides when itā€™s over growing more fond of both artist because they gave the people what they wanted.

I cant go anywhere without hearing Like That or Euphoria.

The ā€œMake a hitā€ argument is out the window.
Meet the Grahamā€™s is the most disrespectful diss song Iā€™ve ever heard.

Drake has held his own, just not enough. Close sweep 4-0.

Definitely not a sweep

Push Ups/Taylor Made/Family Matters got him 2 wins combined in a 7 game series. Like I said I do agree that the extreme it was 4-2 [60-40]. A sweep is a wash no matter how close it was. Pusha washed Drake. Made him quit. Thisā€¦I donā€™t get that sense.

Plus the make a hit argument makes sense if you really listen to what Iā€™m saying. Dot could have washed him with a string of Hit Em Ups and really impacted him on why his fans are his fans: Drake makes bops. You beat him there, you take his soul. I donā€™t count Like That because it was a kick off and not In the parameters of time is ticking. Euphoria was a good diss track but itā€™s not Like That.

Without the bops within the parameter, Drake walks away with his head held high still claiming heā€™s king on the mountain top.

Last edited:
I didnā€™t even realize this ā€œstolenā€ suitcase had a shirt that says ā€œSHORTEEā€ :lol:.

IMG_4570.jpeg

Gotta call a spade a spadeā€¦Kendrick got this one. Family Matters is hard but Kendrick done drowned it. If by any chance Drake gets himself outta of this he is the goat. But, yea that ainā€™t happening

Back
Top Bottom