🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

And if he kept those songs he would have ruined them so good thing.

maybe you wouldn't have liked them but you aren't the God of music.

you over here just stating **** like it's fact sounds silly.

like dude said get over yourself.
Again, me simply posting my opinion doesn't mean I'm parading it as fact. I shouldn't have to put "IMO" after something in order for it to be an opinion. I know my opinions aren't fact I don't need someone to tell me that nor do I think so highly of my my opinion that I would try and force it on others.

Last edited:
New Drake CD gonna have me catching feelings for women I don't know. 
mean.gif
 Gotta prepare myself. 
laugh.gif

Anyone catch Funk Flex's interview with Nicki Minaj?  I thought it was interesting when Flex asked her about Drake and how he's not all "Young Money" like he use to be because she didn't exactly say "oh, everything is all good" or brush it off, like I'd expect.  Instead, she said she can only speak for herself and she's still down with Young Money.

Still supposed to be on their Big Tymers project though
mean.gif

Inb4 "Drake needs to leave ym" "he's gonna leave I know it" "he doesn't even really mess with Wayne like that they aren't even friends" give it a rest. ****** been saying that **** since 09

Last edited:
Inb4 "Drake needs to leave ym" "he's gonna leave I know it" "he doesn't even really mess with Wayne like that they aren't even friends" give it a rest. ****** been saying that **** since 09
I hope he does leave though. They're on the way down. They had their time

Glad Drake is doing his own thing and branding himself rather than being all YM. He doesn't need them anymore
Yeah, he's outgrown them.  Dude needs to stop giving them a cut of his money, he's given them multiple songs and two albums.  If OVO is under the Cash Money umbrella too then I can see why Weeknd didn't want to mess with him.  Why let Wayne and Birdman get a cut of your money when they have nothing to do with your success...

Y'all are silly.

There's actually no real reason to leave young money. They barely get any portion of his revenue, he records whatever he wants, wherever he wants, drops whenever he wants, he has the ultimate freedom. He's like an indy artist under the CM/YM umbrella.

The only reason why he's so distant from all of young money imo is because he's very calculated. Attaching his name/brand to young money immediately brings a stigma to his music and brand that he does not want it to be associated with.

Y'all are silly.

There's actually no real reason to leave young money. They barely get any portion of his revenue, he records whatever he wants, wherever he wants, drops whenever he wants, he has the ultimate freedom. He's like an indy artist under the CM/YM umbrella.

The only reason why he's so distant from all of young money imo is because he's very calculated. Attaching his name/brand to young money immediately brings a stigma to his music and brand that he does not want it to be associated with.
Exactly.

He's in the perfect position. He can literally make any move he wants.

Exactly.​

He's in the perfect position. He can literally make any move he wants.​

Yeah but that's my point. He has virtually unparalleled freedom. Who's to say that he gets that at another label? Then there's the loyalty factor. And the fact that YM has done nothing to make Drake want to leave, so why would he? There's literally no "Good" reason why he Should leave :lol:

Like I said though, its the non tangible things that have Drake not leaving YM, but making sure there's a distinct difference from them and him. Straight out of the 48 laws of powers. He doesn't want his name to be synonymous with CMYM which is synonymous with Lil Twist, Gudda Gudda, lil Chuckee, Tyga, etc. etc. etc...

By staying with him, he remains loyal and remains in a great position career wise but by putting a barrier between him and YM he keeps that stigma that young money has away from him.

Cuz it's beyond annoying. People been begging and crying for him to leave since he FIRST signed...like since day 1...

How is that even close to being insecure?
Nobody is begging for anyone to leave YM. So I don't see the point in instigating something that ain't there. All that was said was that drake doesn't need YM anymore but like other dudes said he has freedom to do what he wants and he's perhaps being loyal. Better said that way than to bring some weak stuff

Why so petty? No need to be insecure nobody is setting up rallies for him to leave just stating some simple opinions

:rofl:

do you know what insecure means?

and also in some dude's minds, including mine, caring that much about the next mans business moves (essentially his choices in life)

is annoying because you don't know that man personally. leaving a label is more than a music decision. it's a personal, business decision

and dudes going on about what he should do and why is lame. you just a fan. you don't know this man's life. :lol:

and when i say "you" i'm not necessarily talking about you personally, but dudes who go on and on about why he should leave.

Last edited:
Drake is the only good thing going for YM, once he leaves it's gonna be lights out for them. notice how he still got a tight relationship with Jay Z after he was beefing with Wayne. he's slowly distancing himself from them.

Last edited:
But... "Light Up" was before any of that... And there are pictures of Drake and Jay talking the way they do now back in '09 right after he finalized his deal.

Drake is the only good thing going for YM, once he leaves it's gonna be lights out for them. notice how he still got a tight relationship with Jay Z after he was beefing with Wayne. he's slowly distancing himself from them.

^^comments like this!! People been saying he's been "distancing himself slowly" YEARS ago..y'all ****** need to just get over it Jesus Christ. Talk about just making **** up and being delusional

This conversation happens literally every year, then his album releases he screams something like "YM til the death of me" and then everybody is quiet lol. It makes 0 sense for him to leave and Go with jay, he has an amazing deal at YM. If he does leave I'm pretty sure it will be to be independent. But I don't see that happening for a while, dude seems to be extremely loyal

Back
Top Bottom