🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I imagine that they just needed a few more days for mastering, sample clearance, etc.

I've always felt that almost all of the time, this excuse is BS. Simply because most artist don't give a release date without the music being just about finished at least.

So while obviously there was something that made them push it back a week, I don't think the music is the reasoning behind it.

Drake put out the September 17th date WAY before he was finished recording. He put the date out back at the end of June. 40 himself tweeted maybe last week that they were close to done. You can believe whatever you want, but I'm working under the assumption that just when they thought it was ready an instrumental/song concept came along that he felt he had to use on this project pushing back the completion of mixing/mastering/sample clearance.

Last edited:
I imagine that they just needed a few more days for mastering, sample clearance, etc.
I've always felt that almost all of the time, this excuse is BS. Simply because most artist don't give a release date without the music being just about finished at least.

So while obviously there was something that made them push it back a week, I don't think the music is the reasoning behind it.
album release dates are typically announced before the album is completed.  most rappers work on a deadline to send things to press. that includes recording, mixing, clearing.

so the excuse typically isn't b.s.

i'm actually confused as to where you get that they don't announce dates til everythings done... that's almost never the case unless an album's held back by the label.

Last edited:
album release dates are typically announced before the album is completed.  most rappers work on a deadline to send things to press. that includes recording, mixing, clearing.

Disagree, but fair enough.

Disagree, but fair enough.
I mean just recent examples of albums that weren't finalized til deadline: yeezus, magna carta, and drake's last two albums (he had sample clearance issues with take care, and thank me later wasnt fully mixed til the day before deadline.)

I seriously think that GTAV had something to do with it being pushed back.

It's not smart for any artist to compete for consumer dollars with GTAV. I'm sure he has many fans who aren't interested in video games, but at the same time I'm sure he has a great amount that are.

laugh.gif
he pushed it back a week to drop a subliminal message?
Hahahaha

That baby one is CLEAN. :lol:

I like it a lot.
Really happy he didn't go the corny rap artist cover route and just post up with his diamonds on a Lambo or some ****.

Very clean and artistic. :pimp:
It's been a while since i've been able to say that about a rap album cover :lol:

i feel like i'm at a barber shop trying to figure out whether i want a Nas cut or just a fro :lol:, seriously what the hell kind of cover is that?

Last edited:
i feel like i'm at a barber shop trying to figure out whether i want a Nas cut or just a fro :lol:, seriously what the hell kind of cover is that?

Well...I mayyyy be reaching, but i mean...put the pieces of the puzzles together.

Started From The Bottom.
Nothing Was The Same.
Baby Drake.
Famous Rich Adult Drake.

It's all pretty cohesive.

Seems to be about how literally, nothing was the same back then when life was simple as a kid or as a hustlin teenager/young adult.

Maybe thats just the Art Major in me speaking, but it makes sense to me. :lol:

Eh, generic child cover that pretty much every artist that was hot since illmatic has done atleast once.

Maybe he's saying that this is his Illmatic/Ready to Die/so on.

According to Illionaire the covers were done by the same mind behind Thriller's cover.

Well...I mayyyy be reaching, but i mean...put the pieces of the puzzles together.

Started From The Bottom.
Nothing Was The Same.
Baby Drake.
Famous Rich Adult Drake.

Seems to be about how literally, nothing was the same back then when life was simple as a kid or as a hustlin teenager/young adult.

Maybe thats just the Art Major in me speaking, but it makes sense to me. :lol:

Agreed...

...he's even facing in the opposite direction and looking straight forward instead of in the air like a child looking for support/taking instruction.

i feel like i'm at a barber shop trying to figure out whether i want a Nas cut or just a fro
laugh.gif
, seriously what the hell kind of cover is that?

Started From The Bottom.
Nothing Was The Same.
Baby Drake.
Famous Rich Adult Drake.

Maybe thats just the Art Major in me speaking, but it makes sense to me.
laugh.gif
Agreed...

...he's even facing in the opposite direction and looking straight forward instead of in the air like a child looking for support/taking instruction.
Yup. IDK which ones the Regular/Deluxe edition but I'm using the baby one most likely.

This has been the year of terrible album covers though, between Born Sinner, Yeezus, and HoF, I assumed that I wasnt going to like this one at all. Glad I was wrong.

This guy is going to single handedly bring parts back, but this time its gonna stick around longer than it did in 2011. I give it until September for everyone and their dad to start getting parts again.

Last edited:
I took a rare selfie back in January (first started getting parts back in November, cut my hair low for the first time in like 10 years) in preparation for this day :lol:

Been had parts. :pimp:

I think the cover is nice.

Hopefully dude has more 5am In Toronto type of tracks and less pop sounding stuff. That's the main reason why I didn't really like Take Care. It had way too much singing on it.

Both covers are amusing :lol: He's got some good music but he's gotta be the most corny Rap/Pop artist of all time

Back
Top Bottom