🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

2nd verse of "Too Much" is too much. Best verse on the album.

I'm not sure anyone can say otherwise...
Epitome of REAL
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Damn Bruh Drizzy straight flow-jacked the lil' homies from Chicago 
laugh.gif
. At least he payed homage...

Upon first listen, album is nice. Good whip music

Last edited:
I don't get the hate for HOV verse, i liked it and it was legit to me
Verse was fire, but I'm not here to change anyone's opinion of anything

I'm not a Drake fan but he did his thing on thus album. I'm impressed..
What was your opinion of Take Care?

Matter if fact I'm curious to see what people thought of Take Care compared to what they think of this. Please respond

i like this better than take care, it seems like hes less enamored with being a star on this one whereas take care was just bragging mostly

Verse was fire, but I'm not here to change anyone's opinion of anything
What was your opinion of Take Care?

Matter if fact I'm curious to see what people thought of Take Care compared to what they think of this. Please respond
Take Care was great for what it is. The album did hit home with me because of my 4 year relationship dwindling. I couldn't listen to that album that much because it had me feeling down. NWTS has the same concept but he has a LIL more umph. I just vibe with this one better. Connect is a nice joint..

take care had a alot of great songs that were left off the album for less than steller r&b tracks, this time he left off the r&b tracks and kept the rap ones.

Too Much is such a great song. Sampha was perfect on the hook.

Haven't listened to the entire album yet though, will be back with my thoughts on it later.

Last edited:
Music would be so much better without genres attached to it.
Interesting point. This would prevent people from putting someone like drakes music under a bubble when judging it, but at the same time it would force people like me who only listen to one genre of music to listen to a bunch of stuff that they have no interest in hearing.

The thing about me is that since this is the only genre of music that I listen to I've always kept an open mind regarding it.

Late pass on this comment, but mainstream wise, so much music overlaps each other anyway, meaning we are practically genre-less :lol: so nah, music is way better with actual distinction to it

Last edited:

Either GKMC or Yeezus is winning the Grammy and people are gonna be sick. (After calling GKMC boring/nerdy/not street, and Yeezus wack.)

This Drake album though... **** sounds like a J. Cole album.  Take that as whatever it means to you, be it good or bad.
I personally loved Yeezus, but I don't see ANYWAY in hell it wins a grammy. And honestly, I'd be a little upset if it or anything else won over GKMC. Kendrick deserves to win and should win.
Good Kid Mad City and Yeezus are the two best reviewed rap albums of the last 12 months.  Yeezus is the more experimental, where as GKMC is the rare well executed concept album, a la Arcade Fire "The Suburbs." 

Don't be shocked if one of those two albums even wins Best Album.  (not best rap album but best album.)  The Academy is trying to get in touch with younger generations and music writers/critics influence them A LOT.

One of those two albums is going to make a lot of people mad in January. 

Drake's album just made the September 30 cut for consideration, but it won't get considered.

Music would be so much better without genres attached to it.
Interesting point. This would prevent people from putting someone like drakes music under a bubble when judging it, but at the same time it would force people like me who only listen to one genre of music to listen to a bunch of stuff that they have no interest in hearing.

The thing about me is that since this is the only genre of music that I listen to I've always kept an open mind regarding it.
Late pass on this comment, but mainstream wise, so much music overlaps each other anyway, meaning we are practically genre-less
laugh.gif
so nah, music is way better with actual distinction to it
I agree. I like being able to identify my music, I dont want to be one of those "I listen to all kinds of music" people, who say that and think it makes them see diverse and cultured. I only listen to rap music and thats what I want to do, IDC who knows or who wants to have an issue with it.

On my 6th listen right now, now that its all sunk in I can listen to it and just enjoy it without having listen while analyzing it and deciding whether or not I like said song and what have you.

I loved Take Care, I regard it as his greatest work (which may be subject to change) it was perfect IMO.

Last edited:
Tuscan Leather

Furthest Thing

Started From The Bottom

Wu-Tang Forever

Hold On, We're Going Home 

305 To My City (feat. Detail)

Too Much (feat. Sampha)

Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2 (feat. Jay-Z)

All Me (Feat. 2 Chainz & Big Sean)

Are the songs that I like and are really good

Own It

Worst Behaviour

From Time (feat. Jhene Aiko)

Connect 

The Language

Come Thru 

Are just whatever, instead of those six songs could of put Live For with The Weeknd, something with Weezy and Ross 

Sounds good so far, but Take Care IMO is his best work to date. Big reason for that is Weeknd's influence on TC. 

only weekend ********rs say this. Take Care was great because it was a great balance of hip hop bangers and rnb vibes. Bangers like Lord Knows, Over My Dead Body, Underground Kings, HYFR, The Motto, Headlines, Cameras and We'll Be Fine. There were actually more straight rapping tracks on Take Care than they were on NWTS.

This album is lacking Tuscan Leather/Started From The Bottom type tracks. Too many rnb/hip hop mash ups. There is also not enough switch up in tempo of tracks. Production could have used some variety.

Easily the most disappointing album of 2013

only weekend ********rs say this. Take Care was great because it was a great balance of hip hop bangers and rnb vibes. Bangers like Lord Knows, Over My Dead Body, Underground Kings, HYFR, The Motto, Headlines, Cameras and We'll Be Fine. There were actually more straight rapping tracks on Take Care than they were on NWTS.

This album is lacking Tuscan Leather/Started From The Bottom type tracks. Too many rnb/hip hop mash ups. There is also not enough switch up in tempo of tracks. Production could have used some variety.

It's that 5-6 tracks on the album are just totally whatever. They don't do anything. 

Sounds good so far, but Take Care IMO is his best work to date. Big reason for that is Weeknd's influence on TC. 

I can agree with the first part, I dont get where people are getting the idea that Weeknd was a huge influence on Take Care. Is there some evidence out there that I dont know of. Honestly that falling out/his absence from this album is a great thing IMO. I'm not a fan of dudes music at all, he was ok on Crew love, but he ruined The Ride and he does next to nothing to compliment Drake. Sampha > The Weeknd

That second part of your post though.... Nah I cant rock with that.

The Worst Behaviour slander needs to stop. The song is dope.

THEY USED TO NEVER WANT TO HEAR US!!! MOTHER_________ NEVER LOVED US!!!
pimp.gif

DONE KNOW

Tuscan Leather

Furthest Thing

Started From The Bottom

Wu-Tang Forever

Hold On, We're Going Home 

305 To My City (feat. Detail)

Too Much (feat. Sampha)

Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2 (feat. Jay-Z)

All Me (Feat. 2 Chainz & Big Sean)

Are the songs that I like and are really good

Own It

Worst Behaviour

From Time (feat. Jhene Aiko)

Connect 

The Language

Come Thru 

Are just whatever, instead of those six songs could of put Live For with The Weeknd, something with Weezy and Ross 
​I honestly dont think theres a bad song on this album, and thats me being honest, nor are any of them are just meh or whatever, theyre all excellent and do their part in contribution to the overall sound of the album.

Last edited:
A lot of Take Care records were originally The Weeknd records

I wonder where Drake can go from here . . . not much more he can really rap about

Album is crazy tho . . . tryna not play it so much that it's old to me before it even comes out

Came thru clean with that Mase flow on Worst Behavior . . . DJ Dahi is an underrated producer (My Type Of Party - Dom K, Money Trees - K. Dot, etc.)

A lot of Take Care records were originally The Weeknd records​
 ​
I wonder where Drake can go from here . . . not much more he can really rap about​
 ​
Album is crazy tho . . . tryna not play it so much that it's old to me before it even comes out​
 ​
Came thru clean with that Mase flow on Worst Behavior . . . DJ Dahi is an underrated producer (My Type Of Party - Dom K, Money Trees - K. Dot, etc.)​
In terms of what? Concept? Lyrics? Inform me I'm curious. I wont hesitate to credit him if he was really that important to TC
Wait, you just said you DONT like The Weeknd?

Yeah, your opinion is no longer valid 
laugh.gif
​Not at all. I got House of Balloons when it dropped and it was cool not gonna lie but I feel like I was just saying that because everyone else was like dude was the future and I didnt want to be that lone hater of the bunch like I'm "known to be". 

Thursday dropped, didnt listen to any of it outside of the Drake song, and I didnt listen to the third one past the Dirty Diana thing. Why try and fight it, I dont like dudes music at all. Hes just there to me I can do well without ever hearing him again.

My opinion hasnt been "valid" for a long time around here, I dont like Tupac, Nas, or Andre 3000

Last edited:
Drizzy straight up took a few songs that were intended for House Of Balloons.

Titles don't come to me at the moment. Do the research, it's out there.

Weeknd is credited on multiple songs he doesn't sing on.

Last edited:

​
I wonder where Drake can go from here . . . not much more he can really rap about​
 ​
Album is crazy tho . . . tryna not play it so much that it's old to me before it even comes out​
 ​
Came thru clean with that Mase flow on Worst Behavior . . . DJ Dahi is an underrated producer (My Type Of Party - Dom K, Money Trees - K. Dot, etc.)​
In terms of what? Concept? Lyrics? Inform me I'm curious. I wont hesitate to credit him if he was really that important to TC
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/07/weeknd-interview-cover-story
Which of the three resonates with you the most?

[.....]

House of Balloons was actually supposed to have more songs than it does. I had so many records left, and then Take Care came through. “Crew Love,” “Shot for Me,” and “The Ride” were supposed to be on House of Balloons. I wanted to come out with like 14 records. I felt like “The Ride” was the last one, and it wasn’t done yet. [Drake] heard it and he was like, “This ****’s crazy.”

How did you give it to him? Was it just an instrumental?
Yeah, we were making the drum loop and...oh, man, I had smoked I don’t know how much weed. Even Drake, he came into that session and we were all smoked out. It was terrible how much weed smoke was in that room. I was surprised I could even hit a note. I had sung this melody—it wasn’t a hook, just an unfinished lyric. And he liked it so much, he was like, “I need to have this, man.... I know I’ve already taken ‘Shot for Me’ and ‘Crew Love’ and this and that.” And me, I was hungry at that time. I was like, “Dude, take anything.” At that point I was like, “Hell, yeah.”

Drizzy straight up took a few songs that were intended for House Of Balloons.

Titles don't come to me at the moment. Do the research, it's out there.

Weeknd is credited on multiple songs he doesn't sing on.
Ahh I see, makes sense, I liked HoB when I listened to it. I'm not going to dispute that The Weeknd has talent, guess hes not for me. Cant explain it any other way, not trying to insult dude and his fans or anything of the sort.

The closet thing that comes to R&B that I listen to is Drake, but that has little to with the Weeknd, I was a fan of Drakes "R&B" tracks before he came along and continue to be now that hes not around so to speak. 

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Which of the three resonates with you the most?

[.....]

House of Balloons  was actually supposed to have more songs than it does. I had so many records left, and then Take Care  came through. “Crew Love,”  “Shot for Me,”  and “The Ride”  were supposed to be on House of Balloons. I wanted to come out with like 14 records. I felt like “The Ride” was the last one, and it wasn’t done yet. [Drake] heard it and he was like, “This ****’s crazy.”

How did you give it to him? Was it just an instrumental?
Yeah, we were making the drum loop and...oh, man, I had smoked I don’t know how much weed. Even Drake, he came into that session and we were all smoked out. It was terrible how much weed smoke was in that room. I was surprised I could even hit a note. I had sung this melody—it wasn’t a hook, just an unfinished lyric. And he liked it so much, he was like, “I need to have this, man.... I know I’ve already taken ‘Shot for Me’ and ‘Crew Love’ and this and that.” And me, I was hungry at that time. I was like, “Dude, take anything.” At that point I was like, “Hell, yeah.”
​So concepts. Thats not enough to sway me into believing that he had a monumental influence on Take Care, thats three out of 20 tracks, and that loop on the Ride is the one thing I dislike about Take Care, my god its annoying. I would also assume that Drake wrote his own lyrics for those, but I do like those three tracks so kudos to him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom